“Balancing up” yellow cards

If I was a manager, I'd be telling my players that if they know they are going to get booked for a tackle, to get in the other players face immediately after the challenge. That way they get booked too.

In fact, I'd outright target players already on a booking.
You really think Broon would get booked if Dorrans done that?

we as a club need to come out and say something about this. Both Alves and Dorrans got booked for shrugging off the other teams aggressor and tav got a yellow for the same thing against hivs after being grabbed round the neck. These are just 3 examples fresh in my mind but these and some other referring decisions are just farcical.

Why did caixinha not raise this in his post match interview -perfect time to do so on a comfortable win.
The Refs are taking easy options but will ultimately cost a team relegation from the league as when it gets to the business end there will be players missing due to the totting up which cheats the paying public from seeing the best players in their own teams and will cost managers their jobs.

Just has a look at the stats for Premier league games over the weekend.
Guess the only side not to have a player booked?
Unfortunately I've not been able to find stats for the season so far...or for last season.

It's part of a game to be fair

Same as refs rarely going with a red in the first 5 minutes - always disapoints me when we dont ruin the other teams top player in the first few minutes

How do you think the referee would deal with Pena dishing out the type of assault that happened to Oduwa against Livingston in the first minute of a match?

If it's a directive as previously mentioned then they've go to choice, otherwise it's indicative of outright cheating by not applying the rules equally
I think the example I provided of the 2 dives in last seasons semi final shows they are happy to apply the rules to their own agenda.

Yellow cards are a joke,players missing big games for something trivial,and usually for
a yellow they never should have got.Id do away with them completely,let the ref give warnings when due,then
the red and your off.

I think the example I provided of the 2 dives in last seasons semi final shows they are happy to apply the rules to their own agenda.
In all honesty, every single one of us here (with the exception of OTL) sees disparity in how the rules are applied week in, week out.

I sincerely hope Pedro is keeping his dossier and he uses it to maximum effect. I said ages ago something about Pedro reminded me of Souness, and I think I've worked it out - he's a handsome, ruthless bastard who won't take any shite from anybody, whether they be press, pundit, opponent, player, official.

Back