“I got a feeling upstairs today, I want more”

The guy looks like he’s had the weight of the world lifted from his shoulders. He can now basically call himself a League winner. It will probably not make up for the pain of 2014 for him, but I’m pretty sure it will go a helluva long way to giving him some mental balance again.

I couldn’t be happier for him. Here’s to you Stevie. Cheers.

He’s on the verge of bursting into tears there and no wonder . Incredible interview . Hard to control myself watching it

If I was a woman my fanny would be dripping like a knackered fridge.

he has the opportunity to write the history book th we would all give our right arm to be able to do.

I have a feeling we might have to get used to seeing that man lift silverware :shh::shh::shh::shh:

to wife : if i scream out stevie G while doing the job tonight ;) , dont panic! it because of #55

wife to me : if anyones screaming ot stevie G, it gonna be me!

:)):)):))

Incredible feeling. What a day!!

And Steven Gerrard. What an unbelievable legend he is. Literally can’t imagine anyone doing a better job. We were excited on his appointment but obviously there was no way we could be sure.

He has exceeded all expectations and then some. Rangers Mount Rushmore stuff.

I am a soppy old bastard after watching that . Absent bears who never lived to see this day, my old pal would have loved today.
We are and always will be the people.

You love to hear it.

You get the feeling he knows that winning the first trophy, thankfully the league title, isn't what being a great Ranger is about - it's all about the gathering of trophies. He's counting himself in and it's good to hear it.

Stevie will walk in the path of walter,no way is he going anywhere,just the start of our re-domination of scottish football again.
he will want to win so much more. Some might say this is unrealistic but beleive me, the feeling in that dressing room is that we can beat anyone that includes anyone whos left in the europa league

Sounds like the lads who made the effort this morning have sealed the Gaffer’s long term future.

He loved it and saw first hand how big we truly are.
I don’t think this can be over stated. We have one of football’s genuine superstars driving into Ibrox today muttering “fucking hell” at the reception. I don’t think we’ll ever overtake Liverpool as his team, but we know that his emotional attachment to then didn’t let him leave until effectively his “retirement“ to LA.

Today’s scenes might well keep him here when others come calling. And they will come calling. This season has been so close to faultless that there will be chairman of about a dozen clubs in the Premiership looking at him. Today’s events just make it easier for us to hold onto him for the next couple of years at least. One day Liverpool will come to him, and he will go. But the further into the future that is, the stronger a Rangers he will leave.

Can’t help but think back to this interview. Gerrard standing beside two legends who delivered us titles and trophies. Gerrard completely aware of that, and while taking the plaudits for that Galatasaray win, acknowledged that the most important thing was to be able to be there come May, having delivered success.

Well Stevie, you’ve earned your place beside those two gentlemen, and they will be proud as punch at what you’ve achieved so far.

Last edited:
Sounds like he's planning on staying long term. I hope so, I'd be happy if he stayed for 20 years! :D

You can see it there, Steven Gerrard is driven by emotion not money, you can tell he lives for the buzz of victory. This is the start of a very good period for us.
Money? When his book about life with us comes out he will be a billionaire.

Watching that again this morning the gaffer started with a Boydie cheezer then I thought he was welling up . He certainly brought tears to my eyes .
Brilliant interview from Mr Gerrard .

Outstanding interview. I've said it before - I believe we have found a special place in Gerrard's affections. His first love will always be Liverpool but he knows he has a rare opportunity to build something special, maybe even a legacy, with us us. One day he'll return South but hopefully, not for a good few years yet, and with a caseload of medals.

Back