“Rodgers is a comedic figure” Alyson Rudd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keyboard warrior

I asked the question, if hes so shite, incompetent, over rated, tactically pish, how can that reflect well on us based on the last two seasons?

I dont think hes an excellent manager. I also dont think hes a bad manager. But calling him shite doesnt make you some uber Rangers fan.

wtf do you actually read what you put, ok by your reckoning hes a better manager than we are crediting him so by your surmise it must be a positive if hes left then

no but your talking it
Took me 5 attempts to decipher what the %^*& youre trying to say here. Only one person talking shite here

Mate, the facts are this. Of the 7 domestic trophies that Brenda was in charge of, he won...... 7. He is a very, very good manager. You could counter the Compper signing by saying he made them over 60 million from 2 champions league runs. In addition, selling fees for players have been huge on the back of this. This is VERY good news for us, mainly because the next guy is a raving lunatic

I get what you are saying BU but he has bought them a load of shit and left them with a lot of deadwood to get rid of.
Kuassi, Edouard, Mulumbu, Jack Hendry, Compper, Benyu, Izaguirre, Lewis Morgan, Charly Mussonda. These guys either can't make the team or are draining wages beyond their performance levels. His departure is a without doubt a slap in the kisser for the mhank supporters and it's hilarious to hear their reactions.
A wee result for the Jambos tomorrow would certainly put the Erskine Bridge on high alert.

On last night’s excellent The Game Podcast with Gabriele Marcotti.

Stated that Rodgers could not be taken seriously when trying to convince everyone the Ref was the reason they lost to Valencia last week.

And when trying to demonstrate “Sawns-Alona Football” at Swansea. Mocked his Liverpool documentary and questioned whether he had a friend who could’ve told him it was a ridiculous personae.

Her closing comment “...Rodgers has an inability to disguise the fact he thinks he is cleverer than everyone else”

Quality journalist calling out the Emperor’s New Clothes. All this before today’s move!

He’s still a bit of a laughing stock down south.

Possibly a big part of the reason why his ego couldn’t turn the Leicester job down.

You're utterly embarrassing yourself.

Saying a guy who was a bawhair from winning the Premier league who has just been taken back to the Premier league by a team who won it just a couple of years ago is a league 1 manager doesn't make you any more of a Rangers fan. It just makes you look like a fud.
Are you going to answer it or deflect again?

Make no mistake he'll do a job at Leicester. Just a shame he'll not be here to see us lift 55.

Do you honestly think that?When he starts tinkering with them and spending money he will fail.You cannot judge him on his record up here.A free run and when we look to start finding our feet a little he left.Would have loved to have seen him watch us lift 55 and his rubber mask slip.A wretch of a man make no mistake about it.

There is no denying he is a decent manager. He got the best out of Brown who under their previous manager, looked liked he was finished. He brought some prestige to Scottish football (much like Stevie G has furthered), he was wildly successful with 7 domestic trophies out of 7, invincibles etc.
Previously he did well enough to finish 2nd in the EPL with Liverpool a job he got on the back of doing well with Swansea and the attractive football they were playing at the time. Make no mistake he's been the best manager in terms of results and career, for Celtic since the man who knew too much.
Despite being a superior manager to Lennon he has several fatal flaws as his time at Liverpool and Celtic have shown.
He's tactically naïve. I was speaking to my Celtic minded mate tonight and he enlightened me to just how naïve he is. other posters have discussed this.
Transfer wise he is little better than average. £20m for MD papers over the cracks. Also his loans have raised questions over the state of the Celtic squad.
In a similar vein Suarez. He failed to replace him. He was responsible for 80% of Liverpool's goals the year they finished 2nd. He never replaced him or adjusted. More over he relied on a guy with injury problems.

In short he's far from invincible and he's had an easy ride up here. Do I care he's gone? Not really. I just think it's part of the fascinating drama that surrounds football. I do think it will be good for us. I can see guys not being up for TLB's style and his temperament. Also he's just not as good and lacks the pull of BR.

TLB and the Norwegian did not manage to win every trophy when we went down so that is some sort of barometer for Brenda. The legacy he has left is that no decent manager will want to manage them as being expected to win every trophy is the yard stick. 55 will ensure Police are guarding the Erskine Bridge for 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back