“This is how it feels to be Rangers” - A new generation of Bears and their coming of age

Well done the Young Team, we have all endured but to never have experienced the euphoria of a league win or a dominant Rangers team then I tip my hat to you all the more. I grew up on a healthy diet of trebles, European adventures and most importantly 9inarow, we now have our Club back and enjoy every single minute of it. Aye.

Us oldies got spoilt with success. Hope yous’ are all lapping every minute up RFC-YT. It’s a beautiful feeling. :))

Us oldies got spoilt with success. Hope yous’ are all lapping every minute up RFC-YT. It’s a beautiful feeling. :))
Puts things in perspective first trophy they have seen Rangers win in their adult lives.
And actually good to read something positive for a change

Thanks for the positive comments but this isn't about me, all credit goes to the contributors for their stories.

They deserve to be told and to be put on record, because it was the coming of age of that generation.

Admin - merge the two threads please.

Reactions: SSR

Reactions: ICM
Our recently emerging generations of supporters will likely be our most passionate and determined in the existence of our Club.

Given what they've had to witness and the: journey/travails/setbacks/lies and attempted destruction of their club by their own country, they potentially will have a blood burning love for Rangers we may not even comprehend.

Our most powerful weapon
feared most by our enemies
is our loyalty!

Just imagine that loyalty in the years to come.

Amazing thought. So so much incredibly deserved joy in store for our young supporters.

I love looking back at all the old pictures of our fans and the videos of all our games... it’s just another generation... we are all Rangers fans regardless...

Our recently emerging generations of supporters will likely be our most passionate and determined in the existence of our Club.

Given what they've had to witness and the: journey/travails/setbacks/lies and attempted destruction of their club by their own country, they potentially will have a blood burning love for Rangers we may not even comprehend.

Our most powerful weapon
feared most by our enemies
is our loyalty!

Just imagine that loyalty in the years to come.

Amazing thought. So so much incredibly deserved joy in store for our young supporters.

We need to give them safe standing. Its the atmosphere that got me hooked. Watching Rangers play Celtic and hearing our fans sing our battle hymns. Nothing compares.

I Loved being a young rangers fan in the 80s but I have to say that the young bears nowadays know how to party and celebrate big time. We didn’t organise anything like the events that the UB organise today. Caps off to them. Brilliant.

I remember a particularly depressing draw against Montrose in 2013 at Ibrox. A wee guy next to me in the East Corner didn't look up from his tablet the entire game and his Dad, I presume, didn't say anything. Just shook his head for most of the game.

At the time, I remember feeling angry at this, "fkin totally entitled, we're lucky we still have a Rangers and they're sitting like they're waiting for Laudrup to come out!". This annoyed me still as we went back into town, and I sat in the boozer with my 2 mates. I was going on about it again and my mate, who'd probably had enough of my shite, said

"Did you enjoy today?", "well, no" I replied. "Then how can you expect a wee guy who hasn't experienced us at our best to enjoy that, along with his auld man who's desperate for his boy to get the bug, same way WE did?".

He was spot on, and from that moment, I despaired a bit as it dawned on me that kids want to be excited by Neymar, Messi, Ronaldo et al, in the best stadiums in the best tournaments, not Nicky Clark in the Petrofac Cup in a baltic Ibrox on a Wednesday night! I knew we'd get back, but how long would that take and would we have a a fervant future generation of bears to carry the torch? Not likely, considering the cubs I'd seen, bored out their skulls.

Fast forward and when it was looking like we were getting somewhere this season, my thoughts were with my own journey of course, but couldn't help but smile when I saw the youngsters, my own wee cousin included who was 8 the last time we were champions, absolutely going mental for us bringing 55 home. It was because I was, finally, completely safe in the knowledge that our future fanbase was totally secure in the way I'd hoped (prayed!) It would be.

On a side note, and this is something I've previously not been bothered about, these youngsters deserve safe standing in Ibrox, and I hope the club are seriously considering this now.

Three wee girls who live in my area are always wearing Rangers' tops or union jack t-shirts. After we won the league loads of youngsters were playing football in their Rangers' tops.

Back