10 games coming up in 5 weeks

Recoba

Official Ticketer
Its time to show everyone we are the real deal and the next 5 weeks are going to be enthralling

giphy-29.gif

Last edited:
Just looked at our fixtures until the break. Not the easiest run. Think the scum have it easier and there's no need for them to put a full team out in Europe. It's definitely a test. I'll take 9 wins and a draw to Young Boys.

Tough set of games Aberdeen hibs Motherwell Celtic away

A reckon if we can stay within a couple points going into January we will be in a good place.

They're hard games, but we have to play them sometime. If we can get into the new year within touching distance I'll be very confident.

Tough set of games Aberdeen hibs Motherwell Celtic away

A reckon if we can stay within a couple points going into January we will be in a good place.
If its correct we will have a game in hand after this run and we are 2 points behind? Yes please Id take that now.

No fucking about we go into these crucial games and go for it without doubt they will make or break our season it's imperative we are equal or ahead of them going into the winter break.

A difficult set of fixtures coming up in december, to be honest every fixture until the end of the season is important in the quest for the title and cup success without a doubt.

That’s my wee concern ,we seemed sluggish after the last one, same as last year.

Usually I would say our players look out of formafter International break and mirror your comment.

But maybe this time (although not saying they will defo start) some of our main players will be on a high still and not look sluggish.

Helander done well, Jack done well, Alfie got his goal and could have had more, Davis hit a new record. Kamara, I don't know how he played, but Finland qualifie... there may be others i am forgetting

We both have hibs and hearts in a similar time frame one home one away it will be interesting to see how both teams are if they have a bounce with a new manager coming it. Both teams should win there home games. But Tyncastle and Easter road have potential for slip ups if both teams pick up

All i can think about is the league but before we even get to that we have Accies, Feyenoord, Hearts and the sheep to destroy

And only 3 of the 10 are home fixtures :rolleyes:

WATP

That's true however we have a ton of home fixtures after the split

Wed 22nd Jan - St Mirren (h)
Sat 25th Jan - Hearts (a)
Wed 29th Jan - Ross County (h)
Sat 1st Feb - Aberdeen (h)
Wed 5th Feb - Hibs (h)
Wed 12th Feb - Kilmarnock (a)
Sat 15th Feb - Livingston (h)

We also have a home game against St Johnstone to be rescheduled.

We had a similar run of games last December and dropped too many points so hopefully our improved squad can do better this year.

Wed 5th Feb - Hibs (h)

We had a similar run of games last December and dropped too many points so hopefully our improved squad can do better this year.
We can really turn the heat up after the winter break if we can just keep playing how we have been in December we will be in good shape.

Fasten your seatbelts, could be eventful.

We had an absolute shocker last December outside of the wins against Hearts and Them, need to do better this year.

Trophy in the bag, European progression and a lead in the league despite us playing one game less than Them would be fine.

Need to take it one game at a time.
All focus on the next game.

Accies, you'd imagine will see most of those who weren't away on national duty feature. So starts for Defoe etc

If we can beat Feyenoord and qualify, then the YB game becomes less important so can rest a number of players.

I do worry however, that we are about to ask the same players to go to the well time and time again over the next month and we run out of steam. We need to use the squad wisely to our benefit

We can really turn the heat up after the winter break if we can just keep playing how we have been in December we will be in good shape.
I think the guys in the team/squad will want the games to come thick and fast, especially if we are winning. We just need to battle in these away games and our class will show in the end.

The good: I fucking love watching us play and have missed Rangers. Hate international breaks.

The bad: that's a tight schedule. Make or break.

Its time to show everyone we are the real deal and the next 5 weeks are going to be enthralling

giphy-29.gif

Doing the business in Rotterdam and going through with a game to spare would be ideal as the final game against young boys can be a bit more relaxed and could be a couple of players rested.
The supporters also have a massive part to play as it’s a tough load of fixtures, the last thing the players need would be pressure and negativity from us if we aren’t scoring early or fall behind in games

The upside of this section of fixtures is that once they are over we have the easier run again until the break

SG is prepared for this which, through no fault of his own, he wasn't last year. Our squad is bigger and better than 12 months ago.
This for me.
The squad has been bulked up with cover and options we didn’t have last year.
Stevie has obviously spotted the flaws from last season, and has put in place what he thinks will turn the draws into wins.

Doing the business in Rotterdam and going through with a game to spare would be ideal as the final game against young boys can be a bit more relaxed and could be a couple of players rested.
The supporters also have a massive part to play as it’s a tough load of fixtures, the last thing the players need would be pressure and negativity from us if we aren’t scoring early or fall behind in games

I don't think the players need to worry about the supporters not backing the team.

There seems to be a togetherness at the club now which has been missing for a long time.

We didn't have anyone to score goals last season if Alfie didn't, we have plenty options now.
I have no worries and can't see us dropping any stupid points.

Wed 5th Feb - Hibs (h)

we come through December level in points we win the league imo

Wed 5th Feb - Hibs (h)

Why have Celtic had their match rescheduled when our with St Johnstone is still to be given a date. I hate being a game behind

Why have Celtic had their match rescheduled when our with St Johnstone is still to be given a date. I hate being a game behind

Because of TV

When Hibs away was moved to the Friday night next month meant 18th December couldn't be used for St Johnstone home for us and it might not get a date until March

I don't think the players need to worry about the supporters not backing the team.

There seems to be a togetherness at the club now which has been missing for a long time.

you must sit at the opposite end of the ground from me because sometimes the criticism of players, Tav in particular lately, is ridiculous

Just looked at our fixtures until the break. Not the easiest run. Think the scum have it easier and there's no need for them to put a full team out in Europe. It's definitely a test. I'll take 9 wins and a draw to Young Boys.
There is every reason if they want to win the group.

Back