11 players not available for selection for Tuesday’s game

With Roofe sure to leave and Danilo still rehabilitating from a serious knee injury, not to mention the fact he's already scored 21 goals this season after recuperating from a knee injury himself last summer, I'd say Dessers could well be here next season.

I think Lammers will be more likely to leave than Dessers mate.

Lammers is a goner for sure, but if we're able to get a decent offer for Dessers I think Clement will be open to it so he can bring his own 9 in.

I think Dessers will be desperate to play. Could very well be his final game at Ibrox.
Can’t believe I’m going to say this, but….

Dessers is the least of our worries

Far bigger chancers in this squad than that man. Is he perfect, no, does he miss big chances, yes, does he frustrate the life out of you, yes but does he at least look interested and work his socks off, yes and he’s on 21 goals this season

Like I said, far bigger issues than Dessers

Also, fair play to him having the balls to come out and do the media today and speak well at the same time

Last edited:
Lammers is a goner for sure, but if we're able to get a decent offer for Dessers I think Clement will be open to it so he can bring his own 9 in.

If the price is right he may well mate, but when was the last time we'd a striker who could stay fit and be available for selection every week, as well as scoring over 20 goals in a season?

Kenny Miller?

I think Clement may want to keep Dessers, to compete with any new striker he signs.

With Roofe sure to leave and Danilo still rehabilitating from a serious knee injury, not to mention the fact he's already scored 21 goals this season after recuperating from a knee injury himself last summer, I'd say Dessers could well be here next season.

I think Lammers will be more likely to leave than Dessers mate.
Agree

He’s more than contributed, far from perfect but we have greater issues all the way through this squad than Dessers

Can’t believe I’m going to say this, but….

Dessers is the least of our worries

Far bigger chancers in this squad than that man. Is he perfect, no, does he miss big chances yes, does he frustrate the life out of you, yes but does he at least look interested and work his socks off, yes and he’s on 21 goals this season

Like a said, far bigger issues than Dessers

Also, fair play to him having the balls to come out and do the media today and speak well at the same time
Correct.

If the price is right he may well mate, but when was the last time we'd a striker who could stay fit and be available for selection every week, as well as scoring over 20 goals in a season?

Kenny Miller?

I think Clement may want to keep Dessers, to compete with any new striker he signs.

It's a fair enough take. Just depends on how much money we're able to generate elsewhere. He's probably one of our few sellable assets.

Kenny Miller?

Correct. There are a lot of fans wanting rid of Dessers this summer because he's "not good enough." He's certainly not peak Morelos, he certainly misses chances, but 20 goals is nothing to turn out noses up at. Our problem isn't Dessers, it's a lack of fit players who are supporting Dessers with goals of their own (Tav excepted). And I would say it's a big gamble to get rid of Dessers based on the assumption that we'll have Danilo back - we have no idea how Danilo is going to be after his injury (see Tom Lawrence).

I'd like to think this is all being noted by the manager.

Putting guys like Sima and Danilo with serious injuries to one side, there is no doubt in my mind there are players out 'injured' who simply don't fancy being on the pitch tomorrow.

This can’t just be unlucky anymore - this has been going on pretty much since Gerrard left… 2 and a half season and 3 managers including various players.

The whole medical department needs ripped up and started from scratch.

It's a fair enough take. Just depends on how much money we're able to generate elsewhere. He's probably one of our few sellable assets.

Dessers certainly has his limitations mate, but the fact he's consistently fit and scoring goals cannot be overlooked.

Particularly after the nonsense we endured from Morelos and Roofe''s injuries, over the past few seasons.

Last edited:
This can’t just be unlucky anymore - this has been going on pretty much since Gerrard left… 2 and a half season and 3 managers including various players.

Basically, until this is resolved we'll continue to come up short in the league. It's not tenable to sustain a league campaign with this level of constant disruption to the starting 11 as well as having to rely on fringe players.

He did imply that serious changes in that department are required over the close season

Hope he’s keeping Soutter and Sterling in cotton wool for the final. He knows the league games are meaningless now so all focus will be for the final. Unless the scum slip up on Wednesday he will play a more reserve squad against Hearts.

Couldn’t really give a shite who is available tomorrow.

But looking at that list and considering the cup final is only 12 days away is a sobering thought

Basically, until this is resolved we'll continue to come up short in the league. It's not tenable to sustain a league campaign with this level of constant disruption to the starting 11 as well as having to rely on fringe players.
It’s not unreasonable to think that these injuries have cost us at 6 points… Cortes has never played in the same team as Sima or Danilo…

Between our 3 main attacking players they will have played under 50% of the minutes this season combined !

Any team in the world would struggle with that level of injury to their best players.

What a lily livered shower of shysters. How much does all their weekly wages add up to?

Can’t believe they are all down with bubonic plague of the oaksters or whatever made up aches and pains they have.

Mind you, nothing surprises me with the players in this squad but there is still something to fight for, we have to make sure that we keep the gap close and push into that goal difference.

Might not matter to them but it does if you support Rangers and are heart sick of the smug nasally bastards constantly working it up us.

You know it’s bad when we need to wrap Dessers in cotton wool for the final.
Mixture of piss poor squad building and incredible bad luck with injuries has really fecked us this season.

Correct. There are a lot of fans wanting rid of Dessers this summer because he's "not good enough." He's certainly not peak Morelos, he certainly misses chances, but 20 goals is nothing to turn out noses up at. Our problem isn't Dessers, it's a lack of fit players who are supporting Dessers with goals of their own (Tav excepted). And I would say it's a big gamble to get rid of Dessers based on the assumption that we'll have Danilo back - we have no idea how Danilo is going to be after his injury (see Tom Lawrence).
How many goals did peak Morelos score in the season he peaked?

...And where do you think that we will find a 20+ goal a season striker without any significant number of them being penalties within our budget. Just wondering?
I think we can certainly find better than Cyriel Dessers. And that's the point.

I dont think Clement will struggle to bring in a better and more effective striker - with all due respect to the guy.

Dessers is not the answer, moving forward.

Back