11 players not available for selection for Tuesday’s game

Yes. At least one.

Even when finally fit I'm still not actually convinced by Danilo either.

Our striking options are really poor.

Hopefully Danilo is fit for the start of pre season training and can build up his aerobic endurance to the required level.

Pre season games will be absolutely vital for him, as it will let him get some badly needed match fitness.

Said there’s ‘injured’ players at Man U who are able to play but choosing not to. That they’ll be saving themselves from the toxic atmosphere then maybe recover for contention for the Cup Final and Euros.
Can only assume that he was talking about Rashford and Maguire? Who else would be saving themselves for the Euros?

You don't listen very well then!!! Clement made it crystal clear in his post match interviews that injury was precisely why Soutar came off!

My advice, spend less time listening to twitter, instagram and FF, and you'll learn more about football.
Bit rude that mate
But no I didn’t listen to any post match interviews was purely going by the comments in second half that it ‘wasn’t due to injury’ that he came off. I stand corrected

Hopefully Danilo is fit for the start of pre season training and can build up his aerobic endurance to the required level.

Pre season games will be absolutely vital for him, as it will let him get some badly needed match fitness.
Yeah, I reckon he will be about on track for pre season anf then matches to get fitness up.

As with Dessers I like the guy but I just don't think either are the the answer as the striker we need. I just hope Clement is planning to bring in his own number 9, because imo both those guys fall short in what we need to be properly clinical and therefore, ultimately win a title. Others have to chip in as well obviously.

Can only assume that he was talking about Rashford and Maguire? Who else would be saving themselves for the Euros?
Fernandes didn't feature either and given the form Rashford has shown this season v Palmer, Foden, Gordon I wouldn't be taking him either

Has Clement alluded to what the issue is with the often injured players like Davies, Balogun, Barisic, Yilmaz, Lawrence, Matondo etc? I know when he arrived he spoke about not recovering properly or making use of cryo chambers but does it go down to poor preparation from previous management Gio and Beale?

Are the medical staff not up to the job either because when we do get injuries they are often recurring or more lengthy than first anticipated?

There is absolutely an issue in Sterling’s availability. He’s plays a couple of games then is out

Fernandes didn't feature either and given the form Rashford has shown this season v Palmer, Foden, Gordon I wouldn't be taking him either
Yeah but would be a bit harsh aiming it at Fernandes when these are the first games he’s ever missed at Utd? Is there anyone still there who was there when he played that could be giving him info or is he just saying what he thinks is happening?

Makes you wonder if any these new injuries are due to certain individuals taking the petted lip over the analysis of there performance at the weekend.

How many goals did peak Morelos score in the season he peaked?
18/19 - 30 goals 12 assists
19/20 - 29 goals 10 assists

Think the poster was more referring to his style of play and ability to occupy a defence up top by himself though.

So King and Davies at centre half tomorrow night then? Or is there any other youth centre halfs that I'm forgetting about? Not sure when the last time King would even have played centre half, seems to have been used more at DM or even right back the last while for the B team and U21s from what I've seen.

It’s not unreasonable to think that these injuries have cost us at 6 points… Cortes has never played in the same team as Sima or Danilo…

Between our 3 main attacking players they will have played under 50% of the minutes this season combined !

Any team in the world would struggle with that level of injury to their best players.
The Sima injury was the one that killed us I think. It was masked initially as Dessers and Tav went through a decent spell of goals between them but as these started to dry up it became abundantly clear that no one else was really capable of regularly contributing.

Basically unless we got a penalty or Tav fancied scoring a worldie, our only tactic has been to try and feed Dessers. He's done well on an individual basis but in hindsight it was never sustainable.

Luck with injuries aside, I just go back to Beale's summer transfers that left us with no width aside from Sima. Neglecting that right wing position for yet another transfer window was also criminal. We need a proper goal threat from those wide areas.

Yeah, I reckon he will be about on track for pre season anf then matches to get fitness up.

As with Dessers I like the guy but I just don't think either are the the answer as the striker we need. I just hope Clement is planning to bring in his own number 9, because imo both those guys fall short in what we need to be properly clinical and therefore, ultimately win a title. Others have to chip in as well obviously.

Agree with you. I took like Dessers and have defended him a lot on here but, we need better for our main number 9. I'd definitely be keeping him as a squad player though. That number of goals are difficult to replace.

Excuses, Missing players don't matter. We should have got a result at Parkhead regardless, and we should beat Dundee by at least 6 goals. Just acause.
I was thinking about this earlier. Grasping at straws here cos we all know the leagues over but, if there is a chance that killie beat them on Wednesday, surely we have to go for broke tomorrow. Dessers and Roofe on from the start? A 5-0 (or similar/better) win for us coupled with a killie win on Wednesday makes the final day a little more interesting.
As I say, grasping at straws here but Phil did say he's not giving in till mathematically impossible. Let's see if he's true to his word and goes for broke.

How many goals did peak Morelos score in the season he peaked?
I was talking about Morelos' all-round play at his best being better than Dessers, but Morelos got 30 and 29 in 18/19 and 19/20 respectively. That's where we would want Dessers to be, though I'd he scores a few more in the last three games he's not too far short.

So King and Davies at centre half tomorrow night then? Or is there any other youth centre halfs that I'm forgetting about? Not sure when the last time King would even have played centre half, seems to have been used more at DM or even right back the last while for the B team and U21s from what I've seen.
Probably due to the mood I've been in since Saturday but I wouldn't be surprised if we drop more points tomorrow night. I am not looking forward to it but I'll be there.

Probably due to the mood I've been in since Saturday but I wouldn't be surprised if we drop more points tomorrow night. I am not looking forward to it but I'll be there.
I'm in the same boat really. I really don't want us to limp into the final but my confidence is pretty low just now. Utterly deflated by the weekend's shambles and the sadly predictable nature of it.

I'm in the same boat really. I really don't want us to limp into the final but my confidence is pretty low just now. Utterly deflated by the weekend's shambles and the sadly predictable nature of it.
Summed up well mate. That's exactly how I'm feeling. Feels like the season is lost despite that fact we could win the cup double. We don't have the beating of those bastards and my confidence is rock bottom for the SC final unfortunately.

I wouldn’t be shocked if we don’t record a win in the next three.

Seems clear that a number of them have chucked it.

Sterling has been injured probably more than Ridvan, but people want to build a team around him and sell Ridvan because he's injury prone.

Whatever Beale did in preseason messed this squad up even further than it already was.
I don’t think pre season went well in terms of results, performances and morale with whatever happened with Jim McAlister - so pre season certainly wasn’t plain sailing!

But I’m very wary of using it as an excuse for this group of losers as an explanation for their pathetic showings and lack of availability to play. Same was said season before and Gio got the blame for pre season not being tough enough.

Beale was part of staff when Gerrard had team very fit after pre-season when he was here. Just another excuse made for this bunch imo.

we’ll be okay after a good pre season is up there with we’ll be fine once he gets his own players, it’s all in hope rather than us having any evidence that these things will happen.

I don’t think pre season went well in terms of results, performances and morale with whatever happened with Jim McAlister - so pre season certainly wasn’t plain sailing!

But I’m very wary of using it as an excuse for this group of losers as an explanation for their pathetic showings and lack of availability to play. Same was said season before and Gio got the blame for pre season not being tough enough.

Beale was part of staff when Gerrard had team very fit after pre-season when he was here. Just another excuse made for this bunch imo.

we’ll be okay after a good pre season is up there with we’ll be fine once he gets his own players.

Regardless of what we think, it is an objective reality that we have had, and continue to have, far more injury problems than a squad ever should have. If the reason isn't preseason then there is something else going on. These aren't excuses for being unable to pass a ball or beat Dundee etc, far from it, but a while squad where most have struggled to play 30 games is not normal.

The amount of money wasted in wages for the forever Injured would make you cry man. Arghhhhhhhh, so frustrating.

Regardless of what we think, it is an objective reality that we have had, and continue to have, far more injury problems than a squad ever should have. If the reason isn't preseason then there is something else going on. These aren't excuses for being unable to pass a ball or beat Dundee etc, far from it, but a while squad where most have struggled to play 30 games is not normal.
Yep, Clement says he knows what’s caused it and the same will not happen again under his watch, so I’ll take him at his word and see how next season goes.

Yep, not the best at tracking back but he gave their strange looking full back a lot of problems.
Maybe I’m just being really crabbit as still in a terrible mood after Saturday, but he still wasn’t good enough.

Was promise there in terms of looked to have beating of their RB as you say, but had zero end product when we really needed it. Headed miss is pathetic and could have done more with half volley chance.

That combined with lack of effort in first half defensively means I’m still raging with him despite him being slightly better than some of the other roasters we had playing.

Back