11 years ago today we last won the Scottish Cup

dh1963

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
And what a goal it was to win it.

Sun blazing, just won the league, Neil McCann and Scott Arfield playing for Falkirk, a terrible game, but another trophy to add to Sir Walter's collection.

We have a young generation of supporters who have never seen us win the cup. Please make it soon they get to know the feeling of "routine" trophy wins.

Horrendous game lit up by one moment of magic.

Boyd asking to be substituted with the game goalless because it was too hot tells you a lot about him as a man.

11 years ago....... that’s horrible, I hate what has happened to our club. We are all about winning trophy’s, need the good times back starting next season, no near misses, no excuses. I want a Rangers caption lifting silverware.
We should have beat hibs in 2016 , not because we were better , or deserved to on the day ,

Once you get in front you do what it takes to hang on , the story is so different if we hang on in that game , all those players get to call themselves winners .

We should have beat hibs in 2016 , not because we were better , or deserved to on the day ,

Once you get in front you do what it takes to hang on , the story is so different if we hang on in that game , all those players get to call themselves winners .
I agree, just reflects the naivety of our manager and some of our players that day. Simply didn’t know how to win, still pisses me off more than I can say.

I remember sitting high up in the South stand that day. We almost took success for granted at that time, would never have thought in a million years we would win nothing else of note since then.

I remember sitting high up in the South stand that day. We almost took success for granted at that time, would never have thought in a million years we would win nothing else of note since then.
Yes, we did take success for granted at that time. Really hope we can get a winning mentality back in this team soon.

we once went 11 years from 81 to 92 not winning it in much better times

was always a consolation prize for not winning the league IMO

Sun blazing, just won the league, Neil McCann and Scott Arfield playing for Falkirk, a terrible game, but another trophy to add to Sir Walter's collection.

We have a young generation of supporters who have never seen us win the cup. Please make it soon they get to know the feeling of "routine" trophy wins.

Terrible game, fantasic goal, hot hot day

What a drab final, watched this in my grannies with my novo 10 jersey on, started knee sliding on the carpet after the goal. Not a wise move. Side note, I remember neil McCann was excellent that day, Falkirk had some decent players Mccann, young arfield, Higdon could score goals, Darren Barr was a decent centre half and Pressley wasn’t great but not hopeless either. I’m adamant novo’s goal is a cracking strike and bit of intuition, the keepers had a mare.

Novos goal was a screamer. Boyds comment about it being too hot to play football was pathetic

Neil must have quite a collection of medals, winners and runners up.

11 years is just far, far too long for our Club not to have won the Scottish Cup.

It is coming though Bears and what a day it is going to be when it finally arrives.

11 years is just far, far too long for our Club not to have won the Scottish Cup.

It is coming though Bears and what a day it is going to be when it finally arrives.
I haven’t seen us win anything since I was 11, my brother has never seen us win anything. That’s what I keep saying to him, our time will come, we cannot afford another shake up. Must build stability and then we will get back to our glory days. Thankfully he’s patient and understanding, like his brother :)

Watching that whilst it’s great to reminisce just makes me sad, that we haven’t tasted those days & feelings for such a long time. We so badly need to get back to that & when it does happen it will be the sweetest of all.

The number 16 for Falkirk needs his arse kicked for losing Novo so easily...

I was 19 and burnt to a crisp that day, almost took for granted that we just won things. I'm now 30 and it's utterly depressing how long it's been since we won the cup.

I missed that game as it was my mates wedding and I was an usher. Watched it back at the hotel after the ceremony and had a double celebration that night!

I watched the 2016 final in a bar in Santorini. The bar was full of English fans waiting for the FA Cup final, but many were watching the game and backing Rangers. When Halliday scored I thought we'd go on to win 3 or 4-1. I was so gutted I didn't stay to watch the FA Cup final

Was at hospitality with my son at Ibrox then bused go Hampden for our seats in south stand great day
Unfortunately he never caught the bug a had never been to another game in his life as he tells me he doesn’t like football

where did I go wrong loyal :(

It was a cracking day. I remember the atmosphere being absolutely dreadful that day though, expected a good party atmosphere but it was dull as %^*&.

9 years without winning anything at all is too long for our club. Lower league titles and the challenge cup do not count.

What a fantastic goal, got to love Nacho for having the audacity to do that in a final

I was there and it was melting, I long for the day we lift the trophy again and a goal like that would be rather fitting.

I was 19 and burnt to a crisp that day, almost took for granted that we just won things. I'm now 30 and it's utterly depressing how long it's been since we won the cup.
Also came away from that game burned to f*ck; sat low down in the north stand,nearer the Falkirk support. Tremendous strike from Nacho,though;worthy of winning any final.

Terrible stat but let’s face it, we’ve Been fighting a war against the football authorities hell bent on destroying us.

Back