16 games - 13 wins 3 draws

I don't think we are playing particularly well right now, hardly surprising given the injuries we are carrying, but Big Phil and the players are finding ways to win. Defence has tightened up considerably in particular. Just 8 League goals conceded so far (Dhims have conceded 14) and I'm sure that's three games in a row now where the opposition haven't managed a shot on target. Three more wins and it will have been absolutely marvellous from each and every one of them.

Last edited:
He has done very, very well since coming in.

He has a poor squad to work with and has improved them, organised them and most importantly got results.
I actually think different on the poor squad comment. I think the fact we have won almost all the games under him and played well at away grounds we usually struggle at, shows that we have a ok squad but have a very good manager who knows how to set the team up and gets them playing his way.

I don't think we are playing particularly well right now, hardly surprising given the injuries we are carrying, but Big Phil and the players are finding ways to win. Defence has tightened up considerably in particular. Just 8 League goals conceded so far (Dhims have conceded 14) and I'm sure that's three games in a row now where the opposition haven't managed a shot on target. Two more wins and it will have been absolutely marvellous from each and every one of them.
Good managers usually find ways to win games.

He’s building a character within the squad that allows the players to produce results even when the games aren’t the best and maybe the rub isn’t going our way.

We are getting results and getting the wins and that’s the main thing.

Title winning sides grind results out on the hard days and should we have the same attitude come Saturday, we will end 2023 on top of the table.

Clement is doing a very, very good job so far.

Incredible really given there are numerous players I would have nowhere near Rangers under normal circumstances. The three early subs for example seemed to have a wee competition between themselves as to who could be the least ineffective.

He’s building a character within the squad that allows the players to produce results even when the games aren’t the best and maybe the rub isn’t going our way.

We are getting results and getting the wins and that’s the main thing.

Title winning sides grind results out on the hard days and should we have the same attitude come Saturday, we will end 2023 on top of the table.

Clement is doing a very, very good job so far.

Ive said for years, attitude comes first, get that right and we will win more than lose. Second half shows we have the character and it will improve further as PC can say to them - work hard and you get the results.

And 2 of those draws in the Europe in which we won the group anyway. Only disappointment is Aberdeen away.
Even that was a game we would have lost a couple of weeks before (he was basically just on the door after all!) And not only did we rescue a late point, we almost went straight up the pitch to score a winner.

It was not a dark day.

After the back to back draws, we had threads on here asking how long he would be given.

What's most telling about this run is barring the 55 season we've not been on such a run in a very long time.

He's certainly levels above the managers we've had in recent times and all this achieved with a squad full of players who were low on confidence and an incredible injury record to try and negotiate. Never mind the fact he's yet to be able to enter the transfer market.

Regardless of how the season pans out in the end we've certainly found ourselves a more than capable manager to take us forward. Delighted with how it's gone and standards he's brought in with him.

I don't think we are playing particularly well right now, hardly surprising given the injuries we are carrying, but Big Phil and the players are finding ways to win. Defence has tightened up considerably in particular. Just 8 League goals conceded so far (Dhims have conceded 14) and I'm sure that's three games in a row now where the opposition haven't managed a shot on target. Two more wins and it will have been absolutely marvellous from each and every one of them.

Three more wins before the break. Take 7/9 points and it’s been an incredible start.

Not a popular thought considering how bad they are playing right now but Clement has probably bought himself the space to take a defeat on the 30th and still really fancy the championship push.

Three more wins before the break. Take 7/9 points and it’s been an incredible start.

Not a popular thought considering how bad they are playing right now but Clement has probably bought himself the space to take a defeat on the 30th and still really fancy the championship push.
FFS I ‘lost’ a match. Corrected.

Big Phil's ten SPFL games and their last ten played.

gm5.png

sounds like his backroom staff are doing a good job aswell defence has tightened up theres players now performing well who were being slaughtered 2 month ago so the big picture is looking promising in its primary stage good luck guys keep it going

I hope and think we’ll win at the Piggery but a few weeks ago it was a ‘must win or ball burst’ game, whereas now it’s a ‘draw will do’ game.

It takes a lot of pressure off the game, and heaps loads onto them.

Big Phil Form: Last 10 matches​

GP
W
D
L
GF
GA
GD
Pts
Opponents
PPG​
Rangers
10​
9​
1​
0​
24​
3​
+21​
Celtic
10​
6​
2​
2​
22​
8​
+14​
Hearts
10​
6​
0​
4​
12​
10​
+2​
Kilmarnock
10​
5​
2​
3​
9​
6​
+3​
Dundee FC
10​
4​
3​
3​
13​
13​
0​
Hibernian
10​
4​
3​
3​
11​
14​
-3​

Big Phil Form: Last 10 matches​

GP
W
D
L
GF
GA
GD
Pts
Opponents
PPG​
Rangers
10​
9​
1​
0​
24​
3​
+21​
Celtic
10​
6​
2​
2​
22​
8​
+14​
Hearts
10​
6​
0​
4​
12​
10​
+2​
Kilmarnock
10​
5​
2​
3​
9​
6​
+3​
Dundee FC
10​
4​
3​
3​
13​
13​
0​
Hibernian
10​
4​
3​
3​
11​
14​
-3​
What’s opponent PPG?

That sound right?
Big PC doing the business. What a guy.
Smashing record going into the game on the 30th.
Another 3 points on Wednesday and no more injuries please!
Amazing stats imo.
When you throw in the absolute nick of us at the end of Beales era. Also throw in a horrendous injury list. Guys doing exceptionally. Long may it continue.

What’s opponent PPG?

"The Opponents PPG values relate to the average home or away Points Per Game values of all opponents faced by each team in the last 10 games. Those home PPG or away PPG values are based on the seasonal Home PPG of the opponents that have been played away and the seasonal Away PPG of the opponents that have been played at home. So the opponents home or away PPG values are always based on ALL home games or on ALL away games of the opponents during the league season (not just in the opponents' last 10 games)."

I hope and think we’ll win at the Piggery but a few weeks ago it was a ‘must win or ball burst’ game, whereas now it’s a ‘draw will do’ game.

It takes a lot of pressure off the game, and heaps loads onto them.
Can never be confident with an Old Firm game but i just don't see anything other than us going to the pigsty and come back with the 3 points!! Felt the exact same way under Walter!! Might not be always here been pretty but they knew how to get a win/result!! 10 injuries the night before the game, a patched up squad with nobody playing their natural position would somehow leave with the 3 points!!

PC reminds me a lot of Walter and his man management, creating that togetherness within the squad, has that presence, authority and a lighter, caring side. Find a way to win!! All that matters!!

I thought the writing was on the wall after losing to Aberdeen and Aris, look where we are now with the 1st trophy available clinched :cool:
When Clement’s Rangers have played a team Rangers lost to earlier this season, it’s been a draw. So far, Aris and Aberdeen.

The other teams Rangers lost to, pre-Clement, were Kilmarnock and Celtic. Will the pattern continue?

:oops:

When Clement’s Rangers have played a team Rangers lost to earlier this season, it’s been a draw. So far, Aris and Aberdeen.

The other teams Rangers lost to, pre-Clement, were Kilmarnock and Celtic. Will the pattern continue?

:oops:
Beat Aberdeen last Sunday & give us Aris again we’d win so hopefully 9/9 going into WB but would take 2 home wins & draw away.

Most impressive thing is that no matter who he loses through injury, he still manages it with players you wouldn’t let near our starting 11

Looking back at Gerrard, Gio and Beale's unbeaten starts.

SG (12, 8 were ELQ's)) W6 D6. Scored 18 Conceded 8
Lost at piggery 2/9/2018.

Gio (13) W10 D3. Scored 26 Conceded 6.
Lost at piggery 2/2/22.

Beale (14) W13 D1. Scored 33 Conceded 12.
Lost League Cup Final 26/2/23.

Back