16 year old debutant scores for Aberdeen

BucksBear

With a couple of games to go and lots of injuries will we see anyone tonight.

Lads like Archie Stevens would be interesting to see

even with the injuries, most places in the match day squad will be senior pros i think
given the defence being light i think Yfeko will be on the bench & there may be one more place - possibly Nsio who had played well recently under Clements eye

I agree but as long as the arithmetic says we can still win there will be no change. (Other than the multitude of injured)

Don’t watch the B team, so it’s an ignorant view but any time I’ve seen Thompson Ishaka he looks like he’d be a handful for defenders.

I doubt we will see Stevens, Lovelace and a few others. The two mentioned want to go home to London, a few others want to leave for first team football.

I’d rather see ones that are staying play. Guys like Ishaka, Wylie, Gentles get on.

Moyes played an untried teenager on Saturday who scored after about 2 mins.

Amazing what can happen if you give people a chance.

It wont always work but we never even try and its really, really poor.
One thing Gio I think certainly did.

Gave debuts to Lovelace, Stevens, Nsio, McKinnon, Devine, Lowry, McCausland, and Ure, possibly a few others I've forgotten.

Wasn't afraid to use King when he could easily have shoehorned Lundstram or someone else at CB too.

I doubt we will see Stevens, Lovelace and a few others. The two mentioned want to go home to London, a few others want to leave for first team football.

I’d rather see ones that are staying play. Guys like Ishaka, Wylie, Gentles get on.

That’s what I thought about Steven’s and Lovelace

I don't think anyone would be adverse to a youngster or two getting a chance. They have to be good enough however.

On the flip side, we still have a Cup Final to work towards. That's the priority for the rest of the season. It's easy to put them in the team when there is nothing to play for.

I'm honestly sick of seeing the same faces shifted around, if we don't try some youngsters now when the league is effectively over then what's the point?

If you are better than the player in front you will play.

Barca and Spain have a 16 year old starting games. PSG have had a 17 year old starting games.

We don’t have any good enough the start games currently, Lovelace was the only one that would probably have got a chance if not injured

Moyes played an untried teenager on Saturday who scored after about 2 mins.

Amazing what can happen if you give people a chance.

It wont always work but we never even try and its really, really poor.
Meanwhile we've been throwing Roofe on and hoping for miracles. I was just sad when I saw him on Saturday, had no hope he could offer anything and he's just emblematic of how tired and broken our squad feels.

we dont know until we try them and last thing we need just now is more injuries. so we need to rest players

When you see some of the comments that Ross Macausland has had on here recently you will see why it is so hard for youngsters to get a chance.

Fans need to cut those learning a bit of slack. Wait and see what happens tonight. Same posters will be on slagging Ross if he is anything other than stunning.
Ross McCausland is 21. He might be inexperienced in terms of the number of first team games he’s played but he’s not a teen barely out of school.

At what point do we stop cutting the likes of him, King, Devine, Lowry some slack and judge them on their merits as a first team player? In my view if they are in the first team dressing room and considered first team players they are judged the same as everyone else.

I’d hope we have these guys in and around the first team again next season and run with a tighter squad of robust ‘experienced’ players who can cover various positions. But they need to be good enough to be part of the squad and I’m yet to be convinced by any of the names mentioned.

We need to move away from Championship jobbers like Dowell, Lawrence are who are neither contributing or even available for large parts of the season. And that’s before you even consider the drain on our resources.

Last edited:

Maybe the reason they want to leave as they see dross like wright and McCausland given chances. I would rather play a few younger players tonight whether they want to leave or not.

When you see some of the comments that Ross Macausland has had on here recently you will see why it is so hard for youngsters to get a chance.

Fans need to cut those learning a bit of slack. Wait and see what happens tonight. Same posters will be on slagging Ross if he is anything other than stunning.
Edit. Double post.

Don’t remember Nathan Patterson getting those comments for his performances.

Probably because he was good enough and Ross mccausland is not.

We should definitely give minutes to Nsio and Stevens.

Even if it's very likely Stevens is going in the summer, if we have any chance of keeping him, it's by playing him and letting him know he can improve here.

That's life as a professional athlete.

I'd like to think the players aren't on here anyway, so the main feedback they will hear is during their performance analysis.

No chance.

Youth players rarely get a sniff of first team football here when we’re doing well never mind now.

Ross McCausland is 21. He might be inexperienced in terms of the number of first team games he’s played but he’s not a teen barely out of school.

At what point do we stop cutting the likes of him, King, Devine, Lowry some slack and judge them on their merits as a first team player? In my view if they are in the first team dressing room and considered first team players they are judged the same as everyone else.

I’d hope we have these guys in and around the first team again next season and run with a tighter squad of robust ‘experienced’ players who can cover various positions. But they need to be good enough to be part of the squad and I’m yet to be convinced by any of the names mentioned.

We need to move away from Championship jobbers like Dowell, Lawrence are who are neither contributing or even available for large parts of the season. And that’s before you even consider the drain on our resources.
Ross has played 27 first team games. Not all from the start. This is his first season in the first team. He has been playing in a team ravaged by injuries, has been asked to play on left not his favoured position, has had a few injuries.

So maybe a bit of slack might be in order. He is improving without doubt. His tracking back and defending has improved.

Very harsh to write a player off so early. He has potential. Needs to get time. If by this time next season he hasn’t kicked on fair enough.

Might as well. Nothing to gain here by throwing out the same or similar teams. Let's see what we have on offer, before throwing good money after bad.

Maybe the reason they want to leave as they see dross like wright and McCausland given chances. I would rather play a few younger players tonight whether they want to leave or not.
How many have left and we would want to resign? Gilmour excepted?

On the wider point about the development of young players I agree we are poor at that are as many other Scottish teams.

Be on a winner if we can crack that nut.

He sees and hears the crowd though.
The crowd only turns on you if you're not trying or really not good enough.

Again, part of being a professional athlete at this level.

If you can't overcome that, you're not making it at the top level anyway. Plenty of players have turned the fans back to them with a bit of hard work.

The crowd only turns on you if you're not trying or really not good enough.

Again, part of being a professional athlete at this level.

If you can't overcome that, you're not making it at the top level anyway. Plenty of players have turned the fans back to them with a bit of hard work.
Certainly trying hard enough. We have fans that love to vilify. Confidence is huge part of performing at an elite level.

Doesn’t help our cause to destroy confidence.

Certainly trying hard enough. We have fans that love to vilify. Confidence is huge part of performing at an elite level.

Doesn’t help our cause to destroy confidence.
Also doesn't help our cause to allow apathy to set in.

If we go forward feeling sorry for players because they come from our academy, we'll never see a good team again.

It is cut-throat at this level. It takes a certain type of person to succeed.

Our support can be harsh, but will always back players they see giving 100%, and love them even more if they are good quality footballers too.

Also doesn't help our cause to allow apathy to set in.

If we go forward feeling sorry for players because they come from our academy, we'll never see a good team again.

It is cut-throat at this level. It takes a certain type of person to succeed.

Our support can be harsh, but will always back players they see giving 100%, and love them even more if they are good quality footballers too.
Agree senior players deserve the stick they get. We should be demanding as a support.

But developing youngsters is an obvious difference. Need time and patience if we want to see more homegrown players in our team as other clubs we compete in Europe with manage to achieve.

Agree senior players deserve the stick they get. We should be demanding as a support.

But developing youngsters is an obvious difference. Need time and patience if we want to see more homegrown players in our team as other clubs we compete in Europe with manage to achieve.
It's a difficult one, and probably why we need to do better at loaning young players to other clubs who don't need to win every week.

It is very rare for a player to come through our academy and have the mental strength required to play under that pressure.

The problem is, every extremely talented player we put out on loan fails there too.

Hopefully there's a huge talent ready for our team soon, maybe Rice or even Wyllie.

It was in the youths against the scum.

Went to school with a few of the Teasdales, massive football family up in the north east.

Ross has played 27 first team games. Not all from the start. This is his first season in the first team. He has been playing in a team ravaged by injuries, has been asked to play on left not his favoured position, has had a few injuries.

So maybe a bit of slack might be in order. He is improving without doubt. His tracking back and defending has improved.

Very harsh to write a player off so early. He has potential. Needs to get time. If by this time next season he hasn’t kicked on fair enough.
If he’s going to continue as part of our first team squad he’ll need a significant improvement in terms of goals and assists next season.

As things stand I’m not even sure what type of player he is. Plenty effort and running for sure but we need more than that.

Our fans beg for youth to get a game then slaughter them after one performance so what's the point:))

One or two might come off the bench if we are comfortable. Manager has said it's not mathematically finished yet so I can't see him starting any until it is. Even if it is by the weekend we've still got a cup final to prepare for so I can see any young ones starting any of the last two games.

I know he apparantly said earlier some might start but I don't believe that was any more than positive words. Can't see it.

The young Aberdeen lad only recently turned 16 and he played in the Youth cup final against us the other week. By all accounts a star in the making. He comes from Portsoy the same place as Eoin Jess.

What ever happened to the young boy Lancelot pollard we signed for money from Aberdeen.

I remember he was randomly on trial with a Russian team then never heard anything since

Back