1991 Scottish Cup Final being reshown on BBC Scotland just now

The quality of the game is shocking. Neither teams can string more than 2 passes. Like watching a championship game these days. The players seem more comfortable as dribblers rather than passing.

Darren Jacksons equaliser was a simple punt up the park. A goal I dont think you'd see today at premiership level.

The pace is quicker than todays game I'd say but less composure

Shot of the crowd and couple boys in rangers scarfs. Not sure what end but can you imagine that these days! Also 50000+ crowd would any final without having either of old firm get near that today?

I was at that final too. My memory - everyone cheering Cooper as he was a bear!!

Iain Ferguson had one of the great 'under the radar' Scottish football careers.

Scored in a SCF winning team, scored the winner in the LCF, scored twice for Rangers in a famous European game ( v Inter Milan), scored at the Nou Camp...despite huge ability was never near a Scotland cap.

Funny old game.

Watching this as well. Some of the players are a blast from the past.

Also unbelievable how many of the Motherwell team have passed away.

Been watching since just after Maxwell got injured. It was a dirty game with no bookings, the rat Boyd even threw an elbow at Beaumont. As you'll guess, there are a few scumbags playing.

The quality of the game is shocking. Neither teams can string more than 2 passes. Like watching a championship game these days. The players seem more comfortable as dribblers rather than passing.

Darren Jacksons equaliser was a simple punt up the park. A goal I dont think you'd see today at premiership level.

To be fair Ally Maxwell in goals for Motherwell had a pretty serious rib injury.
Anyone who has tried to make any sort of sporting moves after a rib injury will know how unbelievably painful that is.
Give me a good hard kick in the stones anytime

From BBC

He famously won the Scottish Cup in 1991, playing most of the second half plus thirty minutes of extra time with broken ribs, a ruptured spleen and intermittent double vision sustained in a collision with Dundee United defender John Clark.

Maxwell must've made a pack with the Devil that day. Ruptured spleen and broken ribs and he's dropping nothing and saving everything.

A year later and his gloves were coated in grease.

I'd rather watch this any day than the pish I suffer from sand dancers all the park today.. Proper fitbaw.. Great game.. I take it your under 30

I'd rather watch this any day than the pish I suffer from sand dancers all the park today.. Proper fitbaw.. Great game.. I take it your under 30

No over 30, its blood bd thunder I'll give you that but it shows why scotland got left behind in football. Teams across europe dont play football like that now, we were probably a great battling side. Now teams just pass it round you, we never really moved on.

Mind watching the Motherwell- Celtic semi and there was a few union flags and even a red hand of Ulster flag in the Motherwell end.

Just looked on sky tv guide. They're showing a classic cup final same time next week and there after it seems. Wonder if it will show the 93 final v aberdeen at the piggary?

I enjoyed watching that, Cooper was the only quality on show, noticed there was no such thing as playing the ball out from the back, every goal kick or keeper clearance was hoofed right up the park.

I was at that game with my ex, she was an Arab & her old boy got us tickets.We went with her old fella & old dear into the Mhanky end which the Dundee Hivs had. But not before I earned mega brownie points from her old boy by taking him along to Cathkin Park. To be fair to him, he had season tickets for Tannadeechee & Dens, he just liked his fitbaw.

I was reading Ally Maxwell's wiki page he actually qualified for a league winners medal for the 3 seasons he was with us because he played enough games each season also won the league cup.

Caught the last few minutes of the programme last night and the BBC had joke broon doing the main commentating with rob mclean seconded to interviewing at the end.

Also keevins doing touchline radio interviews.

Iain Ferguson had one of the great 'under the radar' Scottish football careers.

Scored in a SCF winning team, scored the winner in the LCF, scored twice for Rangers in a famous European game ( v Inter Milan), scored at the Nou Camp...despite huge ability was never near a Scotland cap.

Funny old game.
He was a great player especially for Utd

Back