19th Century Terrorist Army banner kinda taken to task and not by a usual suspect

Note how he's keen to establish his Celtic credentials first - such is the fear Scottish journalists live under.

Still - first known criticism in the Scottish media of the banner since Saturday.

Note how he's keen to establish his Celtic credentials first - such is the fear Scottish journalists live under.

Still - first known criticism in the Scottish media of the banner since Saturday.

At least he’s saying something

Even tho he’s being a shitebag while saying it

He is actually one of the better journo's out there (I know no laughing at the back).. hates the hag and ill phil so will do for me. I know he wrote an appalling article on the CSA scandal but in a bucket full of shite hes' not the biggest turd.

Slightly decent article but still manages to the get the old bit in about anti Catholic discrimination. His grandfather's generation and my father's generation hated the other side, but believed in their right to exist. This is no longer the case, we're fair game for everybody.
If the crush had happened to Celtic fans, the SNP, police , SFA and SPFL would have called a summit and every media outlet would have gone 100% after Killie, plus widespread criticism of design of disabled section. Rangers ? You weren't crushed and if it was, it was minor, it's your fans fault for trying to get in with forged tickets

Not a fan of his at all, but to be fair Richard Gordon called them out for it on Radio Scotland on Saturday

It's good that eventually a journalist finally condemns the banner from Saturday but still bloody annoying that more than 50% of the article is attacking the Rangers support!!

Neil if you're looking in please try and remember that if Steve Crillys family moved here in the early 1900s then they would still have been British citizens.
It's a small point that people like yourself and many others seem to gloss over for some reason.
Take your faux Irish pish and ram it up your arse.

He's constantly getting abuse from Celtic fans for not going full fanzine standard, whilst Rangers fans give it to him for writing blatant apologia for the other side.

It doesn't help his fragile mental state that his bosses at the Herald expect him to be active on social media at all times, which only exacerbates his fragility.

Deep down? I think he knows the situation he's in and should probably get the fück out of Dodge and writing in an atmosphere or field that he's genuinely impartial around.

"The billy boys is a banned song, the SFA should do their job".

THAT'S the message he wants to put across here. Make no mistake of that. In a season where there's a massive push to punish us in any way they can, and dock points, it has taken him one game in to put that out there. Interesting time to start caring Neil.

Last edited:
Neil if you're looking in please try and remember that if Steve Crillys family moved here in the early 1900s then they would still have been British citizens.
It's a small point that people like yourself and many others seem to gloss over for some reason.
Take your faux Irish pish and ram it up your arse.

No, no, you're wrong, mate. Despite the historical reality of being British citizens moving from one part of the country to another, they were apparently really refugees, according to these crackpots ? :D

He's trying to appear fair and balanced after his Hollicom endorsed piece where he made up 'John' who only suffered 'light abuse' at the hands of Seperate Entity FC and wanted no further action take as he didn't 'want to exploit the situation for financial gain'.

His great guy grandad must have not taught him any morals when it came to that.

Remember the good old days of not giving a flying %^*& what either side sang because people were adults and rivals were supposed to hate each other.

I doubt many really do care to be honest, but then we looked like qualifying for the quarter final of the CL in 2005 and the fhilth couldn't handle it. It's been never ending since.

Last edited:
Apparently the Biily Boys is on a list of Banned Songs. Is It? I have never seen any list. I would love to see it so I know what I can sing and what I can't. Also so I can know what to complain about if I hear any of the other banned songs. Unless of course, they are all songs Rangers fans sing. Now that wouldn't surprise me.
As far as the article itself is concerned, after the first few paragraphs of generalities, it became the usual poor Catholics and bad Protestants / Rangers. All these Catholics who came to Glasgow for a better life? well, why do they complain? they must have got one, because none of them ever went back. Except during the war. Mr Crilly must have been a bit slow getting to the Broomielaw when war was declared, unlike most of his ilk. It took a war for him to meet people of a different religion? no wonder they have sex with their immediate family. And a headmaster who beaks off school to go to a match? Jesus H, thank Christ neither I nor my children went to a school like that.

Ok so he calls out the Groin Brigade but still manages to mention “second class citizens” and play up “discrimination”. That makes my blood boil and I’m sick of listening to that pish. Irish Catholics migrated to Scotland through family and social networks in order to better themselves. They were economic opportunists who came to dominate certain segments of the economy which happened to be unskilled like dockers, mill workers and navvies. That was their choice. The RC Church didn’t want them to be socially mobile in case they mixed with Protestants and left the church. That only changed in the late 70s and 80s.

"Unlike my grandpa i'm not religious" then further on "the reason for declaring my religious stance and football affiliation",so is he religious or not?
Plenty to beat him up over, but he pretty much states that he is an atheist. This is NOT itself a religion, so his personal stance on religion is that he is outside it. However, I guess that his family background can be considered relevant and is in part the reason why he supports the dark side.

A wank who thinks he is Irish after 3 generations, writes a piece to have a go at them but involves us - Its definitely bred intae them .
My mother, her mother and so on and so on were Scottish - It doesn't make me Scottish, the reason being - I wasn't born there.

Don't be taken in by this wino.

Re-read what he wrote and if you read between the lines his 'opinion' is barely critical of the Gangrene Brigade. Instead of acknowledging that 19th Century Terroristism is alive and well within their support and that they themselves see the term as a badge of honour as opposed to a racial slur, he can't resist a mention of Rangers 'hooligans' and the Billy Boys and the connotations that they (Celtic-minded) seek to attach to it.

He even can't resist dropping in mention of the well adjusted fan (nameless of course and no doubt imaginary) who reminds his uncle that 'you have friends in there'.

He's well suited to the Gherald.

Last edited:
Same old , same old .

In order to criticise Celtic , you need to display your Irish Catholic background and drag rangers into the debate as well

Neil , your club turned a blind eye to a paedophile ring within and didn’t inform the authorities . Far worse than singing the billy boys

The issue is only half the population see them for what they are the other half being nats don't see anything wrong with this as their isn't a union jack on show its a wee twisted bitter country and we are on the receiving end.

And the BBC condone it by saying they bring colour and atmosphere to the games

“We’re Here To Take Over”

If Rangers fans brandished that sort of banner we’d be accused of being racist, imperialist and fascist. Pundits and ‘Politicians’ from the failed Scottish Parliament would be all over it.

The spotty teenagers and the 40 somethings who’ve never grown up influencing their own Hitler youth in the Green Brigade have quite the rap sheet theses days.

The Police match commander continually fails his police force with that section of Parkhead. He’s probably dressing up in a balaclava to watch their games as well

Back