2 players for every position - It’s been a masterstroke

Blue Tack

I was questioning rotation by the gaffer at the start of the season when he outlined he wanted 2 players for every position ,however had we went with a squad where we only had cover in a few positions we would not be where we are what with Europe etc ,for instance had we had one LB we’d be fu cked right now ,apply that to RM & LM positions as well ,we will have a fresh Ryan Kent bombing down the wing again soon which will be great to see ,up top is a priority for a striker for back up .

It’s been a masterstroke because here we are at the very top of the pile ,and you can only think that the relationship between the players rotating will only get better so the interchanging should become easier and easier .

This month is off to a flyer ,beat Aberdeen on Wednesday and we have a great chance to have a very strong December.

I agree. The psychological boost from being top too will only make this squad stronger too.

If we beat the filth in 4 weeks, the potential of the squad is immeasurable.

I wouldn’t say two players for every position is a master stroke. It’s more like basics.

Infact that’s we’re Gerrard is immensely successes - by going back to basics.

A GK who can save shots (never mind what he’s like with the ball at his feet)

CB’s who can defend good in the air/set pieces etc (never mind how good they are on the ball)

Wingers who are fast and can go past men.

Players with physical attributes in the middle.

I would say that is pretty normal, to have 2 for each position.

Though I think we are beyond that, Halliday covers a number of positions if needed, we have McCrorie for CH if really needed.

Our wingers are not left or right wingers as they can be deployed on either side.

If we can go into January on top and bring in two players that strengthen the team we will win this league. I believe Steven Davis is a must for not only his undoubted ability that he still has but his experience of helping us over the line. HE IS A MUST please Rangers make this one happen.

And another striker incase Alfie picks up suspensions or injuries.

I also think the level of fitness he has installed into the squad has a great deal to do with it also. Last year the team would have needed fresh oxygen half way through the game's played so-far. Now we can play with 10 men and canter through to the end.

Back