2 points behind, game in hand, how are we feeling?

Certainly when we do go there , we need to be straight into them from the first minute, the vermin in the stands will go ballistic !!!
It would be a fine sight
getting into a physical battle will suit the
Yahoos not us.the best way to get at them is down the sides.

The last week has been brilliant in terms of our own results and other results going our way but it's pretty apparent we really lack quality up top. We're very over reliant on Sima as our outlet who we will potentially lose for as much as five games if Senegal do well in the AFCON (which is likely).

Injuries obviously haven't helped things but we really do need a couple of quality additions in January as that lot will definitely spend to try and get themselves back on track.

Thankfully their recent transfer record hasn't been great so it's not a guarantee that throwing money at their problems will work.

If it’s about feelings, fair enough. It’s certainly not rational.

Rangers have played 11 domestic games under Clement and scored in every one of them. And in 3 out of 4 European games (the exception being the 0-0 draw in Prague). Goal scoring isn’t this team’s biggest problem.

The risk of losing at Parkhead isn’t about a striker, it’s about the gaping hole in central midfield. Priorities.
Our lack of quality, fit options upfront worries me and I still desperately want us to sign a decent number 9 in Jan, but you make a logically coherent argument in your posts here.

The last week has been brilliant in terms of our own results and other results going our way but it's pretty apparent we really lack quality up top. We're very over reliant on Sima as our outlet who we will potentially lose for as much as five games if Senegal do well in the AFCON (which is likely).

Injuries obviously haven't helped things but we really do need a couple of quality additions in January as that lot will definitely spend to try and get themselves back on track.

Thankfully their recent transfer record hasn't been great so it's not a guarantee that throwing money at their problems will work.
He hasnt played for them in 2 years so I am not sure they will call him up now, particularly so close to the tournament starting.

We still need to strengthen especially up front, there will be a lot of games like last night when teams will park the bus and we need to avoid going into the last few minutes of these games at 1-0 or 0-0 because every now and again it can bite us on the arse.
No doubt the mentally challengeds will make signings but signing the right players was never Rodgers’ strong point, whereas I’ve confidence in big Phil to do it right.

Im not so sure on that mate. Their own fans think they are powderpuff. I dont think their players fancy it when it gets physical. Outwith CCV they have a very sleight team.
Fair enough mate,I think it’s past scarring that has me concerned about getting into a physical battle at the piggery.one think I don’t think we will do is sit in and hit on the break,it won’t be gun ho but we have enough quality in attacking areas to get at them that way.

Fair enough mate,I think it’s past scarring that has me concerned about getting into a physical battle at the piggery.one think I don’t think we will do is sit in and hit on the break,it won’t be gun ho but we have enough quality in attacking areas to get at them that way.
absolutely mate. Hearts went at them in a controlled way, Killie did the same. Both knew when to sit and defend and when to spring the press and celtic simply couldnt cope with it.

Sterling will be a key man for me, especially if Lundstram is out.

Most of their moves come through McGregor, if Sterling nullifies him, it takes away much of their attacking threat.

Feeling a lot better since our new manager came in and stopped the rot.
His interviews are a joy to listen to as well.
I'm hooked on what he's saying, so hopefully the players are as well.
56 is looking nearer as well.

I'm happy, but IIRC our game in hand isn't until end of January so while its always good to have it up our sleeve I would rather the points on the board.
We will stumble at some point, but we can't go OTT when it happens. We need to stay with the team.

My primary issue right now is we are facing 4 vital games with a severely depleted squad in midfield and up top.
Last time this happened in a title race there was a decision to move the winter break, pity that's not an option for us.
Come through the next 4 games with max points and I am extremely confident we will go on to win the league, it's a huge ask though and I'd be thrilled with 3 wins and a draw at the chamber of secrets.

As others have said delighted with the progress considering where we were weeks ago.

One thing I do think is us fans will need to be prepared for the set back as it will ultimately come at one point. If we get beat on the 30th it’s important not to lose the head and have faith in the work the gaffer is doing

amazing change round in the short term. Still a very long way to go and many ups and downs to go through. Don't think I will be able to handle the stress.

Need a big push to the winter break with the level of injuries we are carrying

We have done fantastically well to close the gap. When Clement came in we were looking at being no further behind by the time we hit the Piggery. They will win Sat so a win at Motherwell is big.

Given our injury position I would take a draw at their place. Make no mistake they will be up for that one, especially early on, we need to be strong. A win and I think they will implode.

They I think will spend big on a couple of players in Jan, who they get and what the offer will be the question, hopefully Brendas track record remains or is wee Liewell still pulling the strings.

We need to add, budget could well dictate what we can get. I cant see us getting rid of many of the fringe players in a Jan window.

Excited and optimistic, but still have that niggling feeling that this team could still bottle it at any minute (that's just an engrained mentality from recent years!)
Very much still in taking each game at a time mode.

We will eventually drop points somewhere, and the reaction can't be panic from the fans. Just keep on their tails, and they will crack first.

Excited and optimistic, but still have that niggling feeling that this team could still bottle it at any minute (that's just an engrained mentality from recent years!)
Very much still in taking each game at a time mode.
That's how I feel as well.
Its as if an instinct kicks in not allowing me to get too excited.
I like the Clement approach. Focused, always just looking to the next game. That's the mentality that will hopefully get us over the line.

The next two weeks are crucial, and the players who will be available have to step up.
After the winter break, I expect us to be strong with a number of players returning and for that to continue as we get toward the end of the season.
It’s going to be tight because there is no way the scum will give up easily.
I’m just hoping Rodgers does enough to stay on as I think that is our best chance.
There is a danger they will spend big in January and make it difficult for us that way.

Back