2 points behind, game in hand, how are we feeling?

We potentially have 4 matches to play with no midfielders and one striker. We're in bad shape. If we get to January 3rd top of the league It's a job very well done.
I'm not optimistic. I hope to f*** Lundstram is back soon. Jack would be a big help too.

All that’s left to wrap Christmas up in a lovely bow is for Martindale to be right up for letting his players in at his secret stash of snow and giving those bastards another shock to their holiday season.

Hard to believe we’re in this situation. I’d written the season off after Beale lost at home to the sheep. I said a few weeks ago if the manager could get to the winter break still 5 points behind he’d be doing well. We’ve had the far tougher run of fixtures in the second part of the season.

Still got Fir Park and the Paedo arena to get through but looking good for going into the winter break in a nice position.

Still doubt this squad can win the title. If the mhanky mob get their injured players back, and spend money in January, they’ll still be favourites. I can’t see us having much to spend.

Our best hope for the title is Rodger’s completely losing the dressing room at the crime scene. We have to be encouraged by the start the new manager has made though. He’s worked wonders with a limited squad.
They only have 2 injured !!!

I've got a semi. Win all games between now and the end of the year and it will be a full blown stauner
gm5.png

They only have 2 injured !!!

They’ll be a better team with Abada, Hatate and the wee war criminal looking guy back. They’ve been playing Mikey Johnson up front the last few weeks. Don’t think the American centre half is fully match fit yet either.

In answer to the OP, I’m buzzing at recent results, but not letting myself get carried away.

We are again getting hit with injuries so I’m not ruling out a slip up by us as well.

That said, Phillipe Clement is The Messiah.

I believe :))

All momentum with us. First time in ages we've applied proper pressure to the scum. Go to the Crime Scene and win,league is ours.
I agree but its easier said than done with the amount of players we have out . I so hope we can get through till Jan. or get at least one or two back for the game against them at the theater of screams.

What it does mean is that even if we don't win on the 30th, if we win our game in hand, we'd still only be 2 points behind. And unfortunately, with our injuries, that may well be the case.

However, the turnaround in this team has been remarkable, and you simply wouldn't bet against Big Phil going to the Piggery and getting a result with a patchwork team.

Still a long, long way to go.

The Universal law of averages says we'll be Champions again. Guaranteed.
But when is the question B-) hopefully this season. Looking good so far.

The only worry at the moment is we are down to the bare bones with the squad, but if we can keep going for the next fortnight and at least match their points total in the 4 games up to the winter break, we'll be in a great position.

Last edited:
10 days and 4 games of football still to be played. Frustrating how many games we need to play in December overall while our squad is dropping like flies.

It would be an achievement in on its self not to drop points until the derby, I'm not gonna panic if we do lose at parkhead with the injury situation we're in. Nobody expected us to cut the gap this quickly, so I'm confident we can push on after the winter break with hopefully a refreshed squad.

January window will decide the title
If they win on the 30th, they’ll have wrestled the momentum back.

We get out of there with no worse than a draw, whoever buys the most effective players wins the league.

One thing’s for sure, whoever we buy to play up top better bang them in from day one.

How am I feeling? Better than I did after the Home game against Dolly that's for sure! Quietly confident. If we can get to the winter break with at least 4 points get players back and strengthen,then who knows what the second half of the season will produce.

There will be further slip ups from both of us.

When PC was appointed I had no expectation of winning the league, he has managed to guide us into a really good position.

I’m trying to keep my original expectation in mind, it’s important where we slip up we don’t all immediately turn on the manager - he’s done better than probably expected so far.

To be where we are now after the first Aberdeen and Aris games is beyond belief, an incredible turnaround. To think we blew the next 2 games against them and still be a win away from topping the league and the last 16 of the EL and winning the 1st trophy of the season is fantastic.

I'm enjoying things but not getting ahead of myself, even a win at the piggery doesn't win the league, still a long way to go.

I’m still concerned where the goals are coming from, we’re not taking enough. I thought their keeper had an excellent game last night and stoppe 3/4 goals certain goals, one in particular was superb for Lammers. We still don’t seem clinical enough, ironically we head to for park on Sunday where we’ve never struggled previously to put the ball in the net. It’ll be stuffy and turgid just like last night and that’s where my niggles lie just now especially since players continue to drop out.
Overcome the next 2 hurdles then go to the piggery and it’ll take care of itself.

I only wanted to see signs of progress when the BBB came in, so the fact that we can now win the league by our own efforts is amazing.
To temper that, our squad is now down to bare bones and although we may strengthen in January, too many forgetting that they can too.
I definitely believe that we've got a manager at least.

Our injuries mean that I would take a draw at sharkhead. If we are in the same place, or worst case 2 behind with signings and injuries returning, then il be content. We win there and il be ecstatic.

Win our next 2 I’d take a draw at the piggery

We will be running on fumes by then

The injuries are killing us at the moment

If all our forward players were fit we could swap them every game after an hour keep them fresh

We are an injury to dessers away from no strikers

Trust the manager though he used the squad last night very well the exact game to do it at home

Get Motherwell out the way do the same v county top of the league going to the piggery

Let’s go rangers

What it does mean is that even if we don't win on the 30th, if we win our game in hand, we'd still only be 2 points behind. And unfortunately, with our injuries, that may well be the case.

However, the turnaround in this team has been remarkable, and you simply wouldn't bet against Big Phil going to the Piggery and getting a result with a patchwork team.

Still a long, long way to go.
Exactly mate, we have room for error against them now, that’s all. Can’t make any mistakes in other games.

If all our forward players were fit we could swap them every game after an hour keep them fresh

Trust the manager though he used the squad last night very well the exact game to do it at home

Get Motherwell out the way do the same v county top of the league going to the piggery

Let’s go rangers
Aye I’d sign right now for 3 wins and a draw before the break.

Three points last night was huge in terms of reducing the gap and technically putting us in charge of our own fate where the title race is concerned.

I didn’t care how it was achieved and it caps off what has been a superb week for the club.

The injuries are a huge concern though.

Any news on Jack? I read there was an outside chance he could have made the cup final last Sunday.

Let’s go rangers

I think we’ll maybe have to try Sima through the middle at some point. We can’t just have Dessers playing every minute. Actually think Sima might be a better option up top for the game at the piggery.

We seem to only be playing well in patches which I hope will get better as games go by
Start getting players back and maybe a couple in and hopefully we play better for longer spells. The injuries mounting up is a big big concern

Aye I’d sign right now for 3 wins and a draw before the break.
Absolutely bud

Get to the winter break top of the league

Refresh our battered squad sign two quality players striker and right forward I think we would in a very good place

I think we’ll maybe have to try Sima through the middle at some point. We can’t just have Dessers playing every minute. Actually think Sima might be a better option up top for the game at the piggery.
What’s going on with matondo? Hasn’t had a sniff since he came back

We need to rest sima v Ross county want him firing for the piggery

We need to strengthen in January and do it well. As do they. It could come down to who has the better window, and what players settle the quickest.

They seem to be in turmoil on and off the pitch, and we seem to be galvinated under the new manager. Our current players have improved and their group has regressed.

The only thing going in their favour is no Europe (which I am glad we have, but a deep run would suggest it would have an impact) and players returning from injury soon.

Other than that, I think it looks like a swing towards us. Upto Rangers to continue to apply that pressure, and if in a lead, cope with our own.

As we know, they have an implosion in them. They seem on edge as a fan base, and that is only of huge benefit to us.

We need players in simple as striker midfielder maybe a left back with all the injuries we have to bolster the squad or we will not win the title.

Yes, we have many injuries which isn’t great but so far, from what I’ve seen at any rate, we seem to have been able to plug the gaps pretty well and Clement seems to always have a plan to utilise the available players to best effect.

I hope Lundstram is back for the game on the 30th, with him and Sterling in the holding roles, Celtc won’t be dominating the midfield very easily.

Positives:

A mostly solid defence (please, no more Ridvan though!)

Dessers beginning to resemble a proper no.9

McCausland’s energy and incisiveness (surely needs rested in one of the upcoming games though?)

Sterling and Dowell emerging as viable midfield options.

Celtic are shite.

Negatives:

The playmaker role - Lammers is plain useless, and Cantwell seems strangely skittish just now - can absolutely see him being sent off at the piggery, Alfie style.

This bastarding Lundstram injury - hopefully PC was exaggerating a little in his righteous fury.

The amount of games guys like Tav, Sima etc are being asked to play - we’re staggering to the winter break here. Madness we can’t do 1 game a week through Dec/Jan.

Verdict - if we can get to 2/1 with 3 wins and a draw, and strengthen in the break, the league is there for the taking. Frustrating thing is, with Jack and Raskin available, we’d be skooshing it. Losing Sima to AFCON a big blow - we MUST get a goalscorer in Jan.

Positives:

A mostly solid defence (please, no more Ridvan though!)

Dessers beginning to resemble a proper no.9

McCausland’s energy and incisiveness (surely needs rested in one of the upcoming games though?)

Sterling and Dowell emerging as viable midfield options.

Celtic are shite.

Negatives:

The playmaker role - Lammers is plain useless, and Cantwell seems strangely skittish just now - can absolutely see him being sent off at the piggery, Alfie style.

This bastarding Lundstram injury - hopefully PC was exaggerating a little in his righteous fury.

The amount of games guys like Tav, Sima etc are being asked to play - we’re staggering to the winter break here. Madness we can’t do 1 game a week through Dec/Jan.

Verdict - if we can get to 2/1 with 3 wins and a draw, and strengthen in the break, the league is there for the taking. Frustrating thing is, with Jack and Raskin available, we’d be skooshing it. Losing Sima to AFCON a big blow - we MUST get a goalscorer in Jan.
I didn’t think Tav could play 2 games a week without his performances shading a good bit but he’s proving me wrong, seemingly Sima is inexhaustible as well so not too many concerns on the amount of games right now.

Granted, we could possibly lose Sima for AFCON but then they lose their Japanese players for the Asia cup so even at that we are still holiding the advantage (on paper at least)

It would be nice to get Ryan Jack back and also hopefully, as you say, Clement was being a bit dramatic about Lundstram to make a point last night, horrific challenge as it was.

All comes down to who has the better window I think

Back