2 points better off than 2020/21 season (sort of)

bobba

Given the way that fixtures alternate, I thought it was worth revisiting the 2020/21 season to compare.

Crudely speaking, we have the same number of points after 4 games. However, if you look specifically at the games played so far, against the same opponents, in that first batch of 11 games, we're two points better off because we also dropped points at Livi. Two extra goals scored too.

2020/21
Rangers 3-0 St. Johnstone
Livingston 0-0 Rangers
Rangers 2-0 Kilmarnock
Hibernian 2-2 Rangers

2022/23
Rangers 4-0 St. Johnstone
Livingston 1-2 Rangers
Rangers 2-0 Kilmarnock
Hibernian 2-2 Rangers

How many refereeing decisions will cost them points? We were beat by a ref today, yes we were nowhere near our standards, but a ref stole 3 points for us today. That won’t happen to them.

Neil Lennon isn’t in charge of Celtic though. They won’t be dropping points all over the shop which is why the reaction today is how it is.
Did they not win pretty much every game before the first old firm game? We then won 2-0 and they pretty much collapsed . I think a lot forget how well they started out 55 season

Said during commentary we hadn't won first 4 games in "x" amount of years, was only half listening so can't remember how many.

The nonsense on here today has been quite something, half the board have surrendered the league mid August :rolleyes:

Did they not win pretty much every game before the first old firm game? We then won 2-0 and they pretty much collapsed . I think a lot forget how well they started out 55 season
Nope they dropped points against Kilmarnock second game into the season.

There is no way we should be comparing against 20/21. They were a binfire and like it or not they’ve got a manager that’s style works in this league this season

Might actually have some competition this season though which is the key difference.

Not quite every game, but have a look at these threads from the day we drew at Easter Road that year. Sound familiar?

Cant compare then and now.

The tims won't drop many points and would of been 3-0 up at half time today that's the difference. We don't have any goals in us

Do we look like a side capable of going on a 10/15 game winning run?

here is you, in post number 4, saying almost exactly the same thing in 2020/21!

Last edited:
They will drop points after some tough games in Europe.

Yep. Another thing being ignored.

I know both teams are meant to have squads capable of doing it in Europe and domestically...

But so far they haven't had the pressure of playing in Europe, or the challenge of being in a game where they won't always have possession, or being in a game where VAR will even out decisions.

They have played one game a week, with teams that let them play their own style and stand off.

Yep. Another thing being ignored.

I know both teams are meant to have squads capable of doing it in Europe and domestically...

But so far they haven't had the pressure of playing in Europe, or the challenge of being in a game where they won't always have possession, or being in a game where VAR will even out decisions.

They have played one game a week, with teams that let them play their own style and stand off.
That's for sure. First hard game they have to play after a tanking in Europe, they will crumble.

Back