2 team league, 1 has 7year & multi million pound headstart

What allowed them to stop 10 in a row was Rangers blind loyalty to Smith who should’ve been replaced several years before , with Murray also culpable by allowing huge sums of money to be wasted on guys who contributed very little and our failure in Europe

It is interesting similarity if it comes to pass with Clarke that the tims signed a manager from killie who build them a team, though he wasn’t good enough to actually win the title , took someone else who quickly cashed out as he knew he got lucky & was no chance he was going to be able to replicate it

However the financial disparity between then and now , what the rest of the teams in premiership are spending and the difference of champions league money is the biggest factor / hardest to overcome now given limited tv revenue.

The appetite for / money generated by our forthcoming share issue could provide a leg up though as it did for them
I agree with most of that,especially Smith.What I was trying to say though that they were a mob losing to Raith Rovers in a cup final without a pot to piss in and a hovel of a stadium.
McCann knew how to turn it round and fast.I don't see it with our board.

We've been losing to teams all season who have spent a fraction of what we did in transfer fees and wages. Whilst money is a factor, we can't use it as an excuse for yesterday. With that performance yesterday we'd have lost against anybody. We've already lost a semi-final this season against Motherwell.
That is a matter of poor player quality , mentality, willingness to physically compete , overall lack of organisation / coaching on & off the field

plus the lack of proper tactics / team selection for respective opponents

I agree with most of that,especially Smith.What I was trying to say though that they were a mob losing to Raith Rovers in a cup final without a pot to piss in and a hovel of a stadium.
McCann knew how to turn it round and fast.I don't see it with our board.
McCann, who was hated by their fans for not SPENDING money they didn’t have, much like King seems to be by a section of our support who don’t really grasp what king / 3 bears have actually done for rangers.

The tims were also helped greatly by our failings in those days in the 90s, complacency , bad management and a trail of stupid / over the top grandiose signings (many for David Murray’s ego in my opinion)

McCann, who was hated by their fans for not SPENDING money they didn’t have, much like King seems to be by a section of our support who don’t really grasp what king / 3 bears have actually done for rangers.

The tims were also helped greatly by our failings in those days in the 90s, complacency , bad management and a trail of stupid / over the top grandiose signings (many for David Murray’s ego in my opinion)
True but McCann appointed a good manager straight away who could compete with us then replaced him with one who won the league.
When they stopped us winning 10 in a row im pretty sure they only signed Lambert and Larsson while we signed the 4 Italians.
Remember he was building a stadium at the same time.
We can't even finish bloody second.

Exactly doesn't stop you marking your man tracking runners or working hard for the team.
player quality / worth isn’t just a matter of football ability it’s the desire, mentality and athletic dedication required to play for us / deal with playing in big games / at Ibrox when the crowd is restless

The Ian Ferguson heart & hand interview, all players should be made to listen to that to understand what playing for us demands / is required

True but McCann appointed a good manager straight away who could compete with us then replaced him with one who won the league.
When they stopped us winning 10 in a row im pretty sure they only signed Lambert and Larsson while we signed the 4 Italians.
Remember he was building a stadium at the same time.
We can't even finish bloody second.
McCann was fortunate that a suitable sellick minded manager was qualified & obviously available, that a groundswell of their fans wanted , that he could get cheap / wouldn’t complain about transfer budget and who their support would stick by even when they weren’t winning the league

We have nobody obviously available, no number one candidate endorsed by the majority and after the last few managers, a huge amount of frustration / anxiety about who can be appointed given the risks / what were facing

McCann was fortunate that a suitable sellick minded manager was qualified & obviously available, that a groundswell of their fans wanted , that he could get cheap / wouldn’t complain about transfer budget and who their support would stick by even when they weren’t winning the league

We have nobody obviously available, no number one candidate endorsed by the majority and after the last few managers, a huge amount of frustration / anxiety about who can be appointed given the risks / what were facing
I sadly agree with all of that

Look at the money we wasted on the likes of Ian Black, Jon Daly, Sandaza etc. Madness.

Green and the spivvy mob were syphoning that cash out regardless. They needed to sell ST's by signing known players so they had all the ST money to help themselves to.

The fhilthy bheasts have had 7 punts at the champions league averaging a modest £20m a season £140m where's the nearest challenger,As much a it pains me to say it the teams we are challenging are the rest of the bang average diddy teams.

It's a one team league, with the rest making up a piss poor league.
No more excuses, we need to step things up big time.

It’s very easy to say it’s just one team, but as the poster says they spent money too build a team over many seasons that we were not there-and us starting a squad from scratch
That alone is hard enough to pull back, but when you factor in the Champions league money from the last 2 seasons (60+million?) then the task becomes massive. They may qualify again next season so that would be another huge cash injection

For us too challenge quickly a massive injection of cash is required,and a lot of luck. Unfortunately, I don’t see this injection so its a long road we are going to be on

its all excuses were getting pumped off a very avrege poet team which shows just how bad wee are and if we want to use the they have more money excuse then how are the sheep and hibs so close to us as our budget is massive compared to them

That average Tim team is going for back to back trebles and have lost 2 games ? In 2 seasons. If that what you get with average I will have some for us please

That average Tim team is going for back to back trebles and have lost 2 games ? In 2 seasons. If that what you get with average I will have some for us please
It's all about context.

In the context of even Celtics team under Lennon, I don't think Rodgers team are near them in terms of quality.

The huge difference is that the quality of the other 11 making up the Premiership has got worse.

We're a shadow of the side that played Lennon's mob.

Motherwell have got to 2 cup finals playing a curious mix of MMA and Football.

I firmly believe when outright physicality gets consitant results it's a sure sign of a decline in football ability of a whole league.

The only team that play with ANY consistency, when it comes to actual football, is that lot.

That comes about because they have the financial security to pay players more when they perform well. The majority of those players aren't good enough to play at the top level anywhere else, so stay in Scotland as flat track bullies.

The rest of the league don't have the ability to incentivise consistent performances of players by financial remuneration. Us included as we see with Bates leaving.

Motherwell being the obvious case in point from the rest of the league with Moult.

Back when we were doing 9 in a Row most of the top teams in the league had a good few Scottish international players in them. Scotland qualified for tournaments then.

Look at the standard now. And that's with the Scottish National team being a laughing stock too.

So in summing up. I'd agree that this is an average Celtic team which makes the rest of the league a complete joke and easily at the worse standard in my lifetime, if not in the whole history of Scottish Football.

It's all about context.

In the context of even Celtics team under Lennon, I don't think Rodgers team are near them in terms of quality.

The huge difference is that the quality of the other 11 making up the Premiership has got worse.

We're a shadow of the side that played Lennon's mob.

Motherwell have got to 2 cup finals playing a curious mix of MMA and Football.

I firmly believe when outright physicality gets consitant results it's a sure sign of a decline in football ability of a whole league.

The only team that play with ANY consistency, when it comes to actual football, is that lot.

That comes about because they have the financial security to pay players more when they perform well. The majority of those players aren't good enough to play at the top level anywhere else, so stay in Scotland as flat track bullies.

The rest of the league don't have the ability to incentivise consistent performances of players by financial remuneration. Us included as we see with Bates leaving.

Motherwell being the obvious case in point from the rest of the league with Moult.

Back when we were doing 9 in a Row most of the top teams in the league had a good few Scottish international players in them. Scotland qualified for tournaments then.

Look at the standard now. And that's with the Scottish National team being a laughing stock too.

So in summing up. I'd agree that this is an average Celtic team which makes the rest of the league a complete joke and easily at the worse standard in my lifetime, if not in the whole history of Scottish Football.

I get what you are saying and Totally agree. I’m old enough too remember our 9 in a row and before. The very good sides- Burns with the Tim’s and before that the very good Aberdeen, Dundee Utd, and strong Motherwell etc . Great days with lots of competition and nothing could be taken for granted

Now,very poor quality throughout the league except for one average?team. I find it hard to say how good they are -maybe better than we are giving them credit for, but at the end of the day you can only beat what is in front of you.

They need champs league every season to sustain their wage bill. They are holding money back as it will be harder to qualify next season

You could argue that Man Ure, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal all had more millions and years of a start - but Leicester City still won the league.

All it takes is the right manager and the right players.

Back