20 footballers blown away by Ibrox atmosphere

Those people OP quoted know we are a club to be proud of.
And at the moment we have a team to be proud of… especially when they rise to the occasion on European nights in recent years.
Wish I could be at Ibrox tomorrow….

I distinctly remember the late great @George Goudie doing a similar record and we exchanged stuff we’d both picked up. Will need to dig it out.

Can’t be there tomorrow bears. Please %^*& up the speakers on my telly :))

Don’t come back to scotland it’s a republican shithole.
Yeah, I'm near Aylesbury, although I'm sitting in Kentucky at the moment! Flying back tomorrow.

Avoided Scotland due to the SNP, may end up in Wales or just move on from the UK entirely if I can manage it. Looking at the top places to work remotely and the list is pretty enticing:
1. Portugal
2. Spain
3. I forget
4. Mauritius (where I was born!)

Reading those players talk about our fans makes the hair on the back of my neck stand in end. Makes me miss Scotland and going to games so much

It doesn’t happen domestically at all anymore , an old firm now is tame compared to even 20 years ago and positively lame compared to 40 years ago .

Europe is the only night at Ibrox where we will Perhaps continue to see any kind of proper atmosphere, for example recently rapid Vienna and Braga really decent . However I have my doubts we will ever recreate the likes of Leeds , Kiev or Parma at Ibrox . Society has changed and sadly the collective passion in football just isn’t there any more . Having said that even though diminished Ibrox still pisses on most Other european grounds For atmosphere so it’s all relative . It’s declined everywhere .
I think I've been trying to sum up Ibrox and the atmosphere for years now, just not been able to. It's so so far behind what it used to be and this post sums up why mostly for me. I think Champions League nights will bring it back because of the scale of the journey for every single fan and what taken place, will be bitter sweet for me due to who isn't around anymore to see it for example.. till there is some complaints regarding songs. I hope the atmosphere tonight is how it used to be, I really do.

Wonder what anyone would say about the atmosphere now?

Hope lock down has renewed our willingness to back the team at home and make Ibrox a fortress
Spot on, we need to get back to that and back the team the way we did then and get off players backs when they have a dip in form. We're supposed to be supporters but reading the matchday threads on here, I don't think we are.

Kiev without a doubt the best ever IMHO as there were none or next to no away support.

Regards comments about how much better it was late 60's, 70's etc. I've been attending since 1967 and one thing that has never changed is the fickleness of the Rangers support! When we're good we're awesome, when we're bad we are friggin awful!!!

Let's be at our best tonight bears!!!!!

Reactions: TQ3
I’m gutted I’m missing tonight, it will be up there with Leeds, Dynamo Kiev and Parma I reckon.

Back