2002 scottish cup final v them

My first ever Old Firm Cup Final, just before my 10th birthday and I can remember everything about the day like it was yesterday.

Had been to the piggery for the 1st time a few weeks earlier, but this was special.

Won't be missing this tonight.

Always mind standing next to my pal at the game dont worry lovenkrands will score a header then boom went pure mental oh the memories

My first ever Old Firm Cup Final, just before my 10th birthday and I can remember everything about the day like it was yesterday.

Had been to the piggery for the 1st time a few weeks earlier, but this was special.

I’ve just bought a bag of cans.

Lovenkrands and he’s won the cup for Rangers

Can’t wait. This is one to treasure. Don’t know if there’s ever been a more dramatic cup final. Surely every neutral will enjoy it too.

My first OF cup final too MU, what a day that was.

Superb man to think how young we were!

Our bus left from Clarkston Bowling Club then and I remember the Dundee Loyal bus and an Ulster one in the club from about 10am that day.

We'd a decker too and there must've been about 250 in the club.

Me and a couple of the other younger lads sitting outside beside the bowling green getting a constant supply of Pepsi and crisps to keep us amused for 4 hours while the swallying was going on. :))

Your just a wean mearns. I thought you were older, must have been the work you were doing at the GE. Not having a dig, just got the wrong impression. Must admit I was wondering a bit about the, let's get down to the grapes for a beano on that sunday, when the older bears were in lockdown mode already.

Very much looking forward to this tonight. How there wasn't a high casualty list of broken bones after that goal I'll never understand. People falling and flying over the seats everywhere.

We've still to peak mate. ;)

My old man hasn't missed a Rangers final since 1970 and the 2002 sits as his second favourite, behind 1973 Centenary Cup Final.

It'll take something special to ever eclipse 2002 for me S.
I honestly don’t think anything will mate. My Auld man love 73 as well, he’s got a special soft spot for the sash in the jungle final for obvious reason

Yes, I think you're right.

That was O'Neill's way, he flooded that team with tall players and played for set pieces and they were all primed to go down like a ton of bricks anywhere near the box. They also got away with flying elbows constantly.
Sutton Hartson were bad for it

Your just a wean mearns. I thought you were older, must have been the work you were doing at the GE. Not having a dig, just got the wrong impression. Must admit I was wondering a bit about the, let's get down to the grapes for a beano on that sunday, when the older bears were in lockdown mode already.

Very much looking forward to this tonight. How there wasn't a high casualty list of broken bones after that goal I'll never understand. People falling and flying over the seats everywhere.
I’m a year older than him as well and bump in and look after him every away game or Europe ;)

Was my 1st cup final,couldn't have gotten a better one,unbelievable scenes at the end,can't wait for tonight

Seem to remember Cannigia missing his World Cup swan song after an early assault by Sutton . Argentina took him but he was never fit enough to get on the pitch .

I was next the gangway in a block that stood throughout;and halfway up..
ended up down the front with no recollection of what exactly happened to me in the few seconds after the ball hit the net. Absolute bedlam. :))

Back