24th of May 1972

I went on a mixed double decker from Kilmarnock, them downstairs us upstairs.

it was alright on the journey to the game but coming home there were a few slaps doled out by some of the older guys on the bus.

First and last time Western SMT put on a mixed bus:))
Am I missing something?

Is there comparison between Barcelona & 9IAR in what they meant to you, are they on the same shelf of "special" so to speak or does one sit on a higher shelf in your memories?

Tough question Alfie.

At the time I was young, but we were one of the best teams in Europe then, and that was our third European final, so maybe there was an element of ‘we’ll be back again soon’.

Looking now, it’s probably 50/50 because Barcelona is still our only European success but likewise 9IAR at least keeps parity with the scum in historical terms, AS LONG AS WE WIN NEXT SEASON of course.

So yes, as you suggest, they’re probably on the same shelf Alfie.

The funny thing is, after everything we’ve been through, I’d possibly swap 55 next season for them. The clubs had a tough time, as have us fans, and 55 would be my most emotional victory for our club next season.

Me and auld bridge. I was 7, but I’d convinced him to spend 50p each on tickets for Bayern and that price was unheard back then. A few hunner of her majasties finest was a breeze :))

Back