25 shots 6 on target

I make you spot on. In particular the headed efforts from Hagi and Roofe were awful. 8 yards out uncontested in the middle of goal.

Our keeper, back 4 and central midfielders are comfortably the best in the league and are the platform and building blocks which will see this team get stronger as the season goes on..

Our front 4 misfired a bit today, but thanks to Jack and Davis we were always controlling the game.

Our back 4 and keeper were rock solid again and once the front 4 start converting more (and they will) there will be no stopping us this season.

Look at the strength of our bench today too and that's without Aribo, Itten and Defoe.

A stop start 2nd half performance, but still a very comfortable victory and yet another clean sheet.

That's the bottom line.

Last edited by a moderator:
....... Are comfortably the best in the league and are the platform and building blocks which will see this team get stronger as the season goes on..

Our front 4 misfired a bit today, but thanks to Jack and Davis we were always controlling the game.

Our back 4 and keeper were rock solid again and once the front 4 start converting more (and they will) there will be no stopping us this season.

Look at the strength of our bench today too and that's without Aribo, Itten and Defoe.

A stop start 2nd half performance, but still a very comfortable victory and yet another clean sheet.

That's the bottom line.

All fronts - agreed.

....... Are comfortably the best in the league and are the platform and building blocks which will see this team get stronger as the season goes on..

That's the bottom line.
They were solid at the back again, plus Shagger is going to struggle to get the gloves back imo.

Having pacy wingers helped the midfielders play more direct over the top balls would like to put Aribo next to Jack when he's fit so he can drive at defences and play box to box

That's the bottom line.

Well said mate the only slight criticism is how Barker stayed on the park for 90 mins.
JJ or Stewart must be going mental.

On the money MU as per.

Rangers’ strongest teams have historically been built from the back.

If we can become more clinical in the final third, and learn to round off our attacking play with more goals, we will be a force to be reckoned with.

Mcgregor will struggle to get back in if we keep defending the way we are. McLaughlins distribution and coming for crosses makes a big difference in my opinion.

I honestly have to do that wanky thing and say the whole team deserve the credit in this game you gave Roofe challenging on the half way line with Kent and barker blocking shots on the edge of there own area

but the big man hellander is really standing out for me right now he’s outstanding

Quick distribution by our keeper helps.
Goldson let the ball bounce a couple of times when I thought he should have attacked it, but had a easy game otherwise.
Midfield strolled it.
The movement of the front four excellent, created loads but wrong decisions at crucial time, espicially when our second goal came from a shot, save, follow up

Having pacy wingers helped the midfielders play more direct over the top balls would like to put Aribo next to Jack when he's fit so he can drive at defences and play box to box

Aribo will play in one of the forward positions behind the striker mate.

He doesn't have the defensive discipline to play the way Jack and Davis did today.

His game is all about creativity and linking up around the box.

I honestly have to do that wanky thing and say the whole team deserve the credit in this game you gave Roofe challenging on the half way line with Kent and barker blocking shots on the edge of there own area

but the big man hellander is really standing out for me right now he’s outstanding

Helander won everything in the air... was rock solid.

What is clear is everyone has to be on their game as if they drop the performance, their is someone ready to take their place - not been the case in the past

Aribo will play in one of the forward positions behind the striker mate.

He doesn't have the defensive discipline to play the way Jack and Davis did today.

His game is all about creativity and linking up around the box.
I was just thinking against teams that sit in we wouldn't need 2 sitting midfielders one would do think Aribo could do the job but in Europe and old firms I would revert back to a flat more conservative Midfield

McLaughlin’s save at 75 minutes was immense, that goes in we would’ve had one of the nervy finishes from last season, hanging on after dominating

I was just thinking against teams that sit in we wouldn't need 2 sitting midfielders one would do think Aribo could do the job but in Europe and old firms I would revert back to a flat more conservative Midfield

I think the start we've made proves the validity of playing 2 holding mids every game, including against the deep lying defensive sides mate.

Not once have we looked like getting caught on the counter, like we did way too often last season.

Don't see the gaffer changing things anytime soon.

That's the Jack and Davis we all want to see.

Quick, slick, direct/short pass, a mixture. Head up, spot that early pass and deliver.

They raise the tempo, we are a much better attacking side.

Counter attack or attack in general is devestating. When it clicks then opposition are getting a cricket score.

Defence strolls it, two centre backs are brick walls. McLaughlin continues to impress.

I think the start we've made proves the validity of playing 2 holding mids every game, including against the deep lying defensive sides mate.

Not once have we looked getting caught on the counter, like we did way too often last season.

Don't see the gaffer changing things anytime soon.
Fair enough but Livingston when we were struggling chasing the game it's not necessary there will be times we stuggle to break teams down and the club need to be ready to change it up when that scenario occurs

It was a frustrating 2nd half in terms of goals but we won comfortably.
Id much rather that kind of game than having to chase a late winner.

Back