25 shots 6 on target

How many were blocked? They do not count as on target but they also are not off target.

That is not overlooking a few glaring misses of course.

I think the start we've made proves the validity of playing 2 holding mids every game, including against the deep lying defensive sides mate.

Not once have we looked like getting caught on the counter, like we did way too often last season.

Don't see the gaffer changing things anytime soon.
Agree with you.Aribo in front of a two but what would be your front 3?
I'm going Roofe,Itten and Kent

To be fair to Gerrard he has tweaked the midfield since the Livi game, Davis is playing with his head up looking for a forward pass which we were badly missing in that game.

McLaughlin shouldn’t lose those gloves as long as the clean sheets continue.

Even if he does concede, I don’t think he’s worthy of being dropped.

He’s been a very astute signing, delighted with him.

No Itten , Roofe still not 100% , glad we’re looking very solid and creating chances not so long ago was at tynecastle watching utter shite . 6 games six clean sheets and two dropped points and look at the reaction to those ! Great how far we’ve come long way to go but I believe this is our year !!

Big keeper is very calm and very composed, and always switched on, which will give our back line confidence anol. Im a big fan of what I’ve seen with Balogun so far (especially on a free), but that back line shouldn’t change until there’s a very good reason to do so

Two nil win on that surface with no injuries.
Great performances from a few players.
See the positives.

As comfortable a win as you’ll see, and we still have people moaning.

Some of you must be fucking chronic to live with, in your miserable perpetuity.

Agree with you.Aribo in front of a two but what would be your front 3?
I'm going Roofe,Itten and Kent

Probably the same as you mate, but we'll probably get a better idea after the international break and everyone is fully fit.

Gerrard said in his Sky interview he expects more outgoings and incomings during the break.

Should be interesting.

I mean it still doesn't really make sense. Winning games makes you win the league... so don't strikers win you the league?

Depends what way you look at it.

Basic principle is that most title winning teams are built from the back.

But if you have a 40 goal a season striker that could also be the difference :)

Aribo, Itten and Defoe all to come back into the squad so not overly concerned. We have options and depth now.

Not including Morelos as that's obviously up in the air for now.

I mean it still doesn't really make sense. Winning games makes you win the league... so don't strikers win you the league?
You obviously need a firing striker but I tend to think its more the additional goals outwith your strikers that can win titles.

Really poor again

we need to improve this massively

improving the numbers of strikes, but need to level up the numbers on target. Better today in spells, but spells need to be longer, and execution in attacking third needs to be much sharper.

I make you spot on. In particular the headed efforts from Hagi and Roofe were awful. 8 yards out uncontested in the middle of goal.
Both are not fully match sharp but roofe should have buried that header. Id like to think thats the excuse anyway

We have a player who will score over 20 goals in Roofe, have Itten, Kent, Aribo, and possibly one more we will win the league with performances like today

expecting Roofe to score 20+ is optimistic. Hope you’re right though.

It won’t if you compare our defence to the scums?
only 6 games played we have done nothing yet the horror shows of the last 2 second half our last 2 seasons ghost still lingers in the back of my mind we need to take it 1 game at a time and that game today should've been a 4,5 nil.

only 6 games played we have done nothing yet the horror shows of the last 2 second half our last 2 seasons ghost still lingers in the back of my mind we need to take it 1 game at a time and that game today should've been a 4,5 nil.

I would say we are better placed and don’t fear that this will happen again.

Who knows maybe Walter is their for a reason lately - just win the fucking games

Really poor again

we need to improve this massively
We do most definitely but we’re making much better chances now Roofe is in the team. His movement is exceptional. We’re also much more likely to score from the quality crosses we consistently put in because he gets across people rather than always waiting at the back stick as Alfie has been doing.

Everybody loves Alfie and he’s a great striker in different ways but Roofe’s movement is exceptional - as good as you’ll see- and it’s going to make it much easier for the three (or probably more accurately 5) playing with him to make an impact.

is this stat accurate though? I assume the two goals count as on target, and I remember hagi had another 2 saved by the keeper, borna, kent had one on target prior to 2nd goal and another 2nd half.

Back