25 years ago - extended highlights of the Celtic Shame Game - Celtic 0-3 Rangers 2nd May 1999

Tremedous performance that day.

That was some meltdown from their fans. It was a memory I'll never forget to witness the chaos unfold in person.

I think the huddle at the end was organised by Colin Hendry :))

Listened to it on the radio. My usually mild mannered old man ragdolling me about the living room in an impromptu bouncy while my wee Mum tried and failed to restore order.

A great day

Never to be forgotten,asked to leave Stewarton bowling club at half time for being a little to excited,watched second half in another pub.
What a laugh from those crazy bastards.

Great day, in the bottom corner up the back with my late dad.
How the keeper and one or two others from them stayed on the park as long as they did was a disgrace.
As someone who suffered the 4-2 game years before , the team should have been allowed to celebrate longer with the fans .

Good thing about the 20 minute highlights is it shows you the rage of the filth at the final whistle - some of them running the full length of the stand to throw missiles and attempt to attack the celebrating Rangers players.

Timpolosion at it’s finest

Remember this like it was yesterday, took some getting over the hangover, i woke up in a wee Scottish village next to a rather oversized buxom blonde B-)

What McCann did to Scott Marshall bordered on cruelty. He single handedly ended that guy's career that day.

Still annoys me Rod Wallace was sent off for having the cheek to be angry that jakeball Riseth tried to break his leg.

Brad Friedal was at the game with Reynas old man, they were in the Rangers end, Friedal swore blind he saw a Celtic fan fall from the top tier :))

Turned out to be true after all.

Brad Friedal was at the game with Reynas old man, they were in the Rangers end, Friedal swore blind he saw a Celtic fan fall from the top tier :))

Turned out to be true after all.

There were a few Nottingham Forest players in our end with Richard Gough supposedly. I think Dougie Freedman was one of them.

Don’t know if anyone would be interested but the first 11 minutes of this is all about the immediate aftermath, league statements and a short Hugh Dallas interview with Davie Provan. Dallas speaks very calmly and sensibly about the incidents as you would expect. Charlie Nicholas also doesn’t hold back to be fair to him and does single out the cowards in the Celtic corner.

Don’t ask why I was rewatching a Hearts game from a season in which we finished second-bottom :rolleyes:

My "seat" was right on the aisle that evening, with only the coppers between me and the imploding beggars.

Don't know how I survived all the gunshots from their invisible guns and rifles. :D

Listened to it on the radio. My usually mild mannered old man ragdolling me about the living room in an impromptu bouncy while my wee Mum tried and failed to restore order.

A great day

Speaking of old men.

Apart from the result, the memory I'll most cherish is my old man diving into my brother's living room after Albertz's penalty and doing the 'Klinsman'. He was 62 at the time.

If ever the term ''towing a caravan'' was apt it would be that big f#king lump of wood Stubbs performance that day.

Oh, and anyone who still maintains that ratbag, Dallas, was brave in awarding a penalty?

Feel free to explain his decision not to red card Kerr? Becuse no other goalkeeper playing for any other club is getting away with just a yellow.

It was a clear red, one of the most blatant ever, tbh. Dallas red carding Kerr would have seen loads of them trying to invade the pitch that day.

I remember this well, well, sort of as 1999 seems a blur. What a team of players we had then that really played for the shirt.

Oh, and anyone who still maintains that ratbag, Dallas, was brave in awarding a penalty?

Feel free to explain his decision not to red card Kerr? Becuse no other goalkeeper playing for any other club is getting away with just a yellow.
Not just that, but Riseth's assault at the end was apparently only worthy of a booking. It just so happened to be his second.

Not just that, but Riseth's assault at the end was apparently only worthy of a booking. It just so happened to be his second.

An absolute disgrace and because Wallace took exception to been on the receiving end of an assault, he had to go as well; Dallas' way of trying to even up the score. An absolute scumbag of a referee.

And how and where did cosying up to the filth get him? They got him the sack.

The fat speccy Tim with the baseball hat going tonto when Mahe is sent off gets me every time.

That idiot Mahe was the catalyst for the mayhem in their stands which ensued for the rest of that half.

I remember the Rangers news had a special Rangers huddle pullout poster later that week only for the Scottish media to go mental and accusing us of stirring the shit.

What McCann did to Scott Marshall bordered on cruelty. He single handedly ended that guy's career that day.

Still annoys me Rod Wallace was sent off for having the cheek to be angry that jakeball Riseth tried to break his leg.
Rod Wallace got his revenge the following week ... Scored the winning goal in the Cup Final

Back