25 year's ago today the nike family friendly at Ibrox

I was there and remember the Negri overhead and Gazza doing the runner from the Goalie!!

That was just a show of opulence and grandeur from us, but the ckub ultimately didn’t keep to its side of the bargain that season.

That was a perfect example of Murrays largesse.

Good day out if I remember.

The roar for laudrup when his name was announced was something special i still remember the seeming importance of him staying for the ten in a row season .

If you bought the 1st home top under the Nike deal you given 2 free tickets

Was a good wee day and maybe something that could be revisited under a different disguise :shh:

Everyone certain afterwards we had two teams that could walk the league and get ten in a row.

Unfortunately we fell apart as the season went on and handed the scum the title on the last day of the season.

This was my first ever game. Got tickets free via the young supporters club.

Wrote a story about it for "News" in English on the Monday and my description of how awe inspiring the stadium was to my 7 year old eyes ended up getting a gold star from my stanch teacher.

If you bought the 1st home top under the Nike deal you given 2 free tickets

Was a good wee day and maybe something that could be revisited under a different disguise :shh:

That's right! I remember being there but couldn't remember how I got tickets :D they were free when fans bought the Nike top. Still love that strip

I'm sure Gazza and Goram were on opposite sides that day and Gazza tried to recreate his Euro 96 goal for England v Scotland for a laugh

Took both my lads to that one. Great day out. Remember Gazza running from a kicking from the Goalie as if it was yesterday :))

Gazza scolding Gattuso for a badly weighted pass!

We should have cantered our way to the 10 with the players we had

Brilliant day. It's a shame it doesn't really happen anymore.

I reckon we'd still sell out Ibrox for another Rangers v Rangers friendly.

Seniors Vs B team with a mix of the fringe players etc.

Even have senior women's Vs junior women's.

Sell tickets for that, won't need any policing, or fees to another club.

Call it the Castore friendly or something.

Is this the game,that they announced Brian Laudrup as the new team captain..?
If it was, then That was my first time seeing Lorenzo Amoruso, and thinking "A brick shithouse in a strip"

Everyone certain afterwards we had two teams that could walk the league and get ten in a row.

Unfortunately we fell apart as the season went on and handed the scum the title on the last day of the season.
I remember the DR ran a story about that. It might have even been 3 teams.

I remember being at that with then in-laws & the ex’s granda who was staunch as they come.
Was sat in the front of the Broomloan, and Gattuso was warming up and hit a shot which went went flying into the seat next to me and smashed it to bits.

Was there. Was young right enough, but can remember Gazza doing the dentist chair celebration and Goram chasing him about the pitch :D

I've got the away kit we wore that day signed by Advocaats squad somewhere

Govan Front for me that day with my Teddy Bears club tickets B-D

Pretty sure I have a couple of the freebie baseball caps sitting about.

The kits and merch that season were as good as it gets. Wasn’t at the game but always remember seeing Goram chasing Gazza after his goal when they showed the highlights.

Back