29/4/2018

OohAhHuistra

Official Ticketer
When we lost to them 5-0 at piggery just a week or so after the 4-0 semi final shambles.

Did anyone believe within 3 years we’d be in touching distance of 55? That day at their ground it felt like it was 5 going on 10 if not for Alnwick & I felt so deflated I just didn’t see our next title win coming so soon.

We’ve came so far in such a short space of time even at 29 bar 2008 I can’t remember us being better in Europe, although I won’t deny after the winter break last season I was caught in two minds with Gerrard although the improvement was clear to see I did question our teams mentality & so far I’m over the moon to be proved wrong.

After 9 years of absolute shite, I can’t wait to celebrate this one even though we aren’t at games it’ll probably mean more to me than any of the others I’ve seen.

I unfortunately was there and stayed until the final whistle, just thinking to my self if anything will get better, no fighters in the team, no inspiration, we were going no where but thinking now and what we could do just fills me with excitement and I really hope we can do the business and win 55.

I unfortunately was there and stayed until the final whistle, just thinking to my self if anything will get better, no fighters in the team, no inspiration, we were going no where but thinking now and what we could do just fills me with excitement and I really hope we can do the business and win 55.
I’m the exact same mate, stayed to the end at both, caught on TV at 5th goal as well. Only thing I feel for is the young boys on my bus that have never seen us lift the trophy who’ve turned into good pals through all this shite from 2012 but we’ll celebrate in style when we can

I've developed a little bit of a defense mechanism where I've almost forgotten most of those games and the events within them, bar a few moments.

It also may be to do with the fact I was drinking myself into oblivion during them.
Haha aye, lower leagues the novelty wore off and the drink helped getting pumped by them it was starting at 7am before the bus

In all honesty yes.

Never once over the last decade did i think we wouldn't come back and destroy these ba stards.

This is the best season to do it is most probably better than the helicopter sunday season when all told.
Was 14 at Easter road and was great our 3 under Walter when I was older also great but agree this is the going to be the best ever, my old man said he’ll put it above 86/87 also

The only Old Firm I’ve switched off at half time and not bothered to put it back on.

And yet by the end of the year we beat them at Ibrox. Progress every season since but that initial 6 months from Gerrard was fantastic.

The only Old Firm I’ve switched off at half time and not bothered to put it back on.

And yet by the end of the year we beat them at Ibrox. Progress every season since but that initial 6 months from Gerrard was fantastic.
I spent the second half just hurling abuse at some ginger mentally challenged

I think the important part is that THEY started to believe we would never catch them.

I've never seen a more complacent and entitled sporting organization and it's bled into every part - Manager, Board, Players and most importantly Fans.
They feel absolutely impotent right now.
Can’t disagree with that mate they’ve sang about it from 2012, now on twitter talking about their trebles. Funnily enough at every treble celebration the chant was 10.

In the end 5-0 was actually a 'decent' outcome. We got absolutely thrashed that day and feared it would end up 8 or 9.

Remember thinking at the time we were so far behind them that we were a million miles away from even competing.

Murty... shudders.

Only Tav survives from our starting 11 that horrible day.

Whilst their entire midfield and forward line are all still there.

The transformation from our end has been remarkable, whilst they have stood still and their defence/keeper has regressed.

Rangers
  • 25 Alnwick
  • 2 Tavernier
  • 40 McCrorie
  • 33 Martin
  • 16 Halliday
  • 23 Holt
  • 10 Dorrans
  • 21 Candeias
  • 11 Windass
  • 28 Murphy
  • 26 Cummings

Substitutes​

• 17 Hodson
  • 18 Rossiter
  • 20 Morelos
  • 27 Goss
  • 29 O'Halloran
  • 32 Kelly
  • 48 Docherty
Celtc
  • 1 Gordon
  • 23 Lustig
  • 20 Boyata
  • 35 Ajer
  • 63 Tierney
  • 21 Ntcham
  • 8 Brown
  • 49 Forrest
  • 18 Rogic
  • 42 McGregor
  • 22 Edouard

Substitutes​

• 4 Hendry
  • 5 Simunovic
  • 7 Roberts
  • 9 Griffiths
  • 11 Sinclair
  • 29 Bain
  • 88 Kouassi

To be brutally honest they pumped us with such regularity that it all just sort of blurs into one.

The beauty of it is that whilst (i think) that most of our fans are savvy enough to be able to look back and admit that at a team consisting of players like senderos, kiernan and Joe fucking garner simply weren't up to scratch, and quite a few of us just look back at it as a shite spell where systematic pumpings were brutal but equally forgettable, the poets will look back at our results against them since Gerrard came in with every single fucking scoreline against us ingrained in their rabid minds forever

This hurts them so much, never underestimate the absolute sleep derivation inducing agony that these cùnts are going through.

In the end 5-0 was actually a 'decent' outcome. We got absolutely thrashed that day and feared it would end up 8 or 9.

Remember thinking at the time we were so far behind them that we were a million miles away from even competing.

Murty... shudders.
Horrible times mate

Back then it was looking like the impossible job. We went on to finish third for the second season in a row and it was going to take a very special manager to turn things around. Fortunately we found that man. From what Gerrard inherited to where we are now both domestically and in Europe is astonishing.

I’m the exact same mate, stayed to the end at both, caught on TV at 5th goal as well. Only thing I feel for is the young boys on my bus that have never seen us lift the trophy who’ve turned into good pals through all this shite from 2012 but we’ll celebrate in style when we can
Well I’m 19 and I can remember in 2010 on the final day of the season my dad driving around Ibrox absolute heaving with everyone celebrating, that’s honestly about as much as I can remember, so if we do this you can bet anything that it will be a emotional for me and my dad.

The transformation from our end has been remarkable, whilst they have stood still and their defence/keeper has regressed.

Rangers
  • 25 Alnwick
  • 2 Tavernier
  • 40 McCrorie
  • 33 Martin
  • 16 Halliday
  • 23 Holt
  • 10 Dorrans
  • 21 Candeias
  • 11 Windass
  • 28 Murphy
  • 26 Cummings

Substitutes​

• 17 Hodson
  • 18 Rossiter
  • 20 Morelos
  • 27 Goss
  • 29 O'Halloran
  • 32 Kelly
  • 48 Docherty
Celtc
  • 1 Gordon
  • 23 Lustig
  • 20 Boyata
  • 35 Ajer
  • 63 Tierney
  • 21 Ntcham
  • 8 Brown
  • 49 Forrest
  • 18 Rogic
  • 42 McGregor
  • 22 Edouard

Substitutes​

• 4 Hendry
  • 5 Simunovic
  • 7 Roberts
  • 9 Griffiths
  • 11 Sinclair
  • 29 Bain
  • 88 Kouassi
I seen that on twitter mate, frightening how far we’ve came and how close we are

Back then it was looking like the impossible job. We went on to finish third for the second season in a row and it was going to take a very special manager to turn things around. Fortunately we found that man. From what Gerrard inherited to where we are now both domestically and in Europe is astonishing.
It’s superb mate, it’s also brilliant the staff Gerrard has behind him also. Thing are looking up all round for us long may it continue because we deserve it

I genuinely thought it was going to be 10-0 after they scored their 5th that day.
Was it not after 50 minutes or something I just stopped watching and shouted abuse at some lady's front bottom because I was stuck right next to them

Stayed to the end of the 4-0 cup semi final pumping and to the end of the 5-0 piggery pumping convincing myself that when we get back to where we belong I will remember how bad I felt on both those days which will make me enjoy the good times more.

I think I’ve thought about both games at least once every day of January since we beat them. I honestly cannot wait till we win this fuckin thing

Stayed to the end of the 4-0 cup semi final pumping and to the end of the 5-0 piggery pumping convincing myself that when we get back to where we belong I will remember how bad I felt on both those days which will make me enjoy the good times more.

I think I’ve thought about both games at least once every day of January since we beat them. I honestly cannot wait till we win this fuckin thing
Be worth every early bus, every half day during the week & every holiday we’ve had to take, to make games mate.

Was on the last day of a stag do in Newcastle (no Tims in the group thankfully) that day.

Went to a pub to watch the first half before catching our train. I think they got the third before HT and I couldn't leave the pub quick enough.

I was scared to check my phone on the way back to Glasgow - I honestly thought it was going to be 7-0/8-0.

Three years later and we're cruising at the top of the league and have topped a Europa League group which contained Benfica.

I was moving house on the Monday, Mrs 8 months pregnant so had to do everything myself. Knew we were getting beat so just got on with packing taking things to the dump etc. Never watched a second of it. Didn't listen to the radio.Not even seen a goal or read an article or anything just blocked it completely. Was at the semi so I knew what was coming. For the best.

I stayed to the end at the piggery, I wanted to get to murty so much after those 2 performances, that feeling at full time after being absolutely destroyed will never leave me and it easily could have been a record score that day. To where we are now only 3 years later is unbelievable.

I left the 5-0 game at 2-0 and was back in the pub in Cumbernauld for the 2nd half starting. A horrific day. Genuinely feared for the worst after that it was going to be years to come back from.

I've developed a little bit of a defense mechanism where I've almost forgotten most of those games and the events within them, bar a few moments.

It also may be to do with the fact I was drinking myself into oblivion during them.
Yeah I’ve blanked them all out, no point dwelling on it now. It was like going to a fight with one arm tied behind our back consistently over that period.

Basically why any attempt at them claiming their titles aren’t tainted is a lot of pish

When we lost to them 5-0 at piggery just a week or so after the 4-0 semi final shambles.

Did anyone believe within 3 years we’d be in touching distance of 55? That day at their ground it felt like it was 5 going on 10 if not for Alnwick & I felt so deflated I just didn’t see our next title win coming so soon.

We’ve came so far in such a short space of time even at 29 bar 2008 I can’t remember us being better in Europe, although I won’t deny after the winter break last season I was caught in two minds with Gerrard although the improvement was clear to see I did question our teams mentality & so far I’m over the moon to be proved wrong.

After 9 years of absolute shite, I can’t wait to celebrate this one even though we aren’t at games it’ll probably mean more to me than any of the others I’ve seen.

I have thought about this every day.

I was more confident of winning the league last year than this.

What a welcome surprise this season has been.

Your post says it all about how far behind we were when Gerrard walked through the door. It was never going to be a quick fix and it was always going to take a number of transfer windows to get us where we wanted to be.

I think the job Gerrard and his staff have done is unbelievable and I thank God our board doesn't listen to the screamers within our fan base.

Year on year we have improved and it is only this season we have a proper squad with proper competition in every single position and it shows in the league season we're having and in how well we have done in Europe.

Like you say, from where we were then to where we are now, it's incredible that the league is within touching distance.

Reactions: ao2
That semi final was the most painful result against them ever imo

It was the fact that the players didn't even try to hide that they had chucked it

Similarly, when they won 5-1 at Ibrox I was in the Govan West right next to them, and I stayed right till the end for that same reason.

Ironically that day gave me hope. When their players and coaching staff celebrated in front of the Broomloan at full time, complete with 10iar gestures on the pitch, I knew then that they were not going to take us seriously and if we could knuckle down and get the right strategy in place, they would not have their eye fully on the ball.

That semi final was the most painful result against them ever imo

It was the fact that the players didn't even try to hide that they had chucked it

Hence why I posted about them being mentally broken, look at what happened after Livy equalised they more or less just gave up.

We seen it with Murtys team after the 2-3 Ibrox game our team more or less gave up and look at what happened after that. The likes of Edouard won't be giving a feck now he'll be looking at his next move and not wanting to injure himself.

Was at the semi final the week before, stopped watching at 0-2 and just sulked in my seat for the rest of the game. Saw a fair few leaving when the poets scored their second and tbh, I couldn't blame them - absolutely spineless performance. Only reason I didn't leave was because I was next to my mate and we'd made a pact not to chuck it.

The game at the piggery, I actually had ticket for but gave it to the bus and I think they struggled to shift it. I thought that 0-3 would be a "decent result" - that's how shit it got. Still forced myself to the pub but think everyone stopped caring after 0-2 (again) and the game pretty much became background stuff. Don't remember anything else of the game. Local RSC was actually back in the pub around the 60 minute mark.

Grim days. Unbelievable turnaround.

Last edited:

Rangers
  • 25 Alnwick
  • 2 Tavernier
  • 40 McCrorie
  • 33 Martin
  • 16 Halliday
  • 23 Holt
  • 10 Dorrans
  • 21 Candeias
  • 11 Windass
  • 28 Murphy
  • 26 Cummings

Substitutes​

• 17 Hodson
  • 18 Rossiter
  • 20 Morelos
  • 27 Goss
  • 29 O'Halloran
  • 32 Kelly
  • 48 Docherty
Celtc
  • 1 Gordon
  • 23 Lustig
  • 20 Boyata
  • 35 Ajer
  • 63 Tierney
  • 21 Ntcham
  • 8 Brown
  • 49 Forrest
  • 18 Rogic
  • 42 McGregor
  • 22 Edouard

Substitutes​

• 4 Hendry
  • 5 Simunovic
  • 7 Roberts
  • 9 Griffiths
  • 11 Sinclair
  • 29 Bain
  • 88 Kouassi

Happened to come across that game on Youtube a few weeks back and it struck me how many of them are still there today.

Rangers
  • 25 Alnwick
  • 2 Tavernier
  • 40 McCrorie
  • 33 Martin
  • 16 Halliday
  • 23 Holt
  • 10 Dorrans
  • 21 Candeias
  • 11 Windass
  • 28 Murphy
  • 26 Cummings

Substitutes​

• 17 Hodson
  • 18 Rossiter
  • 20 Morelos
  • 27 Goss
  • 29 O'Halloran
  • 32 Kelly
  • 48 Docherty
Celtc
  • 1 Gordon
  • 23 Lustig
  • 20 Boyata
  • 35 Ajer
  • 63 Tierney
  • 21 Ntcham
  • 8 Brown
  • 49 Forrest
  • 18 Rogic
  • 42 McGregor
  • 22 Edouard

Substitutes​

• 4 Hendry
  • 5 Simunovic
  • 7 Roberts
  • 9 Griffiths
  • 11 Sinclair
  • 29 Bain
  • 88 Kouassi

We have cleared out / loaned out most of that squad.

The funny thing is, the ones they have kept and now playing under Lennon, have regressed so far.

I was unfortunately there that day and left at half time.

Ended up going back to Linen in Shawlands and there was still 30 minutes to play when I arrived, strange experience knowing that you were actually at the Piggery.

Never left a game that early in my life and never intend to again but it was such a low point watching that team with absolutely no fight whatsoever.

Quite a remarkable job SG and the rest of his team have done since coming in.

Those pumpings as well as the Progres humiliation a few months prior.

To be blunt, we looked a decade away from being a serious challenger to Celtic or a credible force in Europe again.

To go from that to winning the league at a canter and a team reaching the later stages of the Europa league for a second consecutive season truly is a remarkable achievement.

To think the club thought it was a good idea to continue with the POTY awards that night, after we’d been absolutely humiliated

The 5-0 was bad, could’ve easily been double figures and no one could’ve argued. The 5-1 defeat at home was way worse though

Was 14 at Easter road and was great our 3 under Walter when I was older also great but agree this is the going to be the best ever, my old man said he’ll put it above 86/87 also
I’m 47 and this will be the best one for me.

My boy was 5 and to young to remember the last time we won it...it’ll mean the wold to him.

Canny fuuckin wait.B-)

Rangers
  • 25 Alnwick
  • 2 Tavernier
  • 40 McCrorie
  • 33 Martin
  • 16 Halliday
  • 23 Holt
  • 10 Dorrans
  • 21 Candeias
  • 11 Windass
  • 28 Murphy
  • 26 Cummings

Substitutes​

• 17 Hodson
  • 18 Rossiter
  • 20 Morelos
  • 27 Goss
  • 29 O'Halloran
  • 32 Kelly
  • 48 Docherty
Celtc
  • 1 Gordon
  • 23 Lustig
  • 20 Boyata
  • 35 Ajer
  • 63 Tierney
  • 21 Ntcham
  • 8 Brown
  • 49 Forrest
  • 18 Rogic
  • 42 McGregor
  • 22 Edouard

Substitutes​

• 4 Hendry
  • 5 Simunovic
  • 7 Roberts
  • 9 Griffiths
  • 11 Sinclair
  • 29 Bain
  • 88 Kouassi
And there's the difference, our squad has moved on and improved, theirs hasn't! Obviously the way we play is very different too, but the personnel allow deny it working the way it does now.

The scary thing is that side that took 9 off of us over 2 games ended up winning the league with the lowest points total ever.

We are currently only 13 points ofof their total that season with 13 games still to play.

They weren’t a great side but we were an utter shambles.

It’s remarkable how much we have improved in 2.5 years.

Was only 1-0 after 40 mins.
They scored 2 more in the last 5 mins of the 1st half.
To be fair - though I'm not excusing it by any stretch - the game didn't seem that distant from us at 1-0. The two goals in quick succession just before half time were followed by two goals in quick succession just after half time and we just imploded. Everything they hit on target seemed to go in and Russell Martin seemed to jump out the way in the process.

I was in Yerevan that day and it was on live on some Setanta Eurasia channel - after the 5th goal I went out an aimless yet necessary walk and was terrified to take my phone out my pocket less there be another sofascore notification of further goals.

Only not long ago watched the 'highlights' of this game recently there - easier to come to terms with that period of our history now of course - and indeed after they got the 5th we were then under siege and it was lucky not to be a record score. Horrible day, been at a couple of horrible doings at both Ibrox and the Piggery (5-1 home and away defeats, 3-0s etc) but that day in particular felt as low as it got. Being grateful that we only lost 5-0 to that filth is a feeling I hope I never have to experience again.

Would be fitting if we could deliver our own ritual humiliation of them this time round as they implode and we stride on to the title

Had a ticket but never went, knew what was coming.

My daughter was born 5 days before so that made my decision even easier, my mate left at 4, doubt I’d have lasted that long if I’d went tbh.

Back