Played 12 Goals 0 Assists 0 Yellow 1 Red 1

Barisic Borna

Played 17 Goals 0 Assists 3 Yellow 3 Red 0

Davies Ben

Played 4 Goals 0 Assists 0 Yellow 1 Red 0

Goldson Connor

Played 29 Goals 0 Assists 1 Yellow 7 Red 0

King Leon

Played 3 Goals 0 Assists 0 Yellow 0 Red 0 (12 minutes total)

Rice Bailey

Played 2 Goals 0 Assists 0 Yellow 1 Red 0 (14 minutes total)

Souttar John

Played 24 Goals 1 Assists 1 Yellow 2 Red 0

Sterling Dujon

Played 19 Goals 0 Assists 1 Yellow 2 Red 1

Tavernier James

Played 32 Goals 17 Assists 8 Yellow 2 Red 0

Yilmaz Ridvan

Played 22 Goals 1 Assists 1 Yellow 1 Red 0

Midfielders

Cantwell Todd

Played 25 Goals 5 Assists 4 Yellows 5 Red 0

Cortes Oscar

Played 6 Goals 1 Assists 1 Yellow 0 Red 0

Diomande Mohammed

Played 8 Goals 2 Assists 0 Yellow 1 Red 0

Dowell Kieran

Played 9 Goals 2 Assists 0 Yellow 0 Red 0

Jack Ryan

Played 11 Goals 1 Assists 0 Yellow 0 Red 0

Lundstram John

Played 30 Goals 0 Assists 4 Yellow 3 Red 0

Raskin Nicolas

Played 14 Goals 1 Assists 1 Yellow 2 Red 0

Forwards

Danilo

Played 12 Goals 4 Assists 1 Yellow 0 Red 0

Dessers Cyriel

Played 29 Goals 13 Assists 3 Yellow 0 Red 0

Lawrence Tom

Played 19 Goals 1 Assists 3 Yellow 1 Red 0

Matondo Rabbi

Played 18 Goals 5 Assists 3 Yellow 1 Red 0

McCausland Ross

Played 23 Goals 1 Assists 2 Yellow 0 Red 0

Roofe Kemar

Played 12 Goals 1 Assists 0 Yellow 0 Red 0

Silva Fabio

Played 12 Goals 2 Assists 0 Yellow 0 Red 0

Sima Abdallah

Played 23 Goals 11 Assists 2 Yellow 0 Red 0

Wright Scott

Played 19 Goals 0 Assists 0 Yellow 2 Red 1

One thing that struck me most was 15 separate league games where we have conceded a goal, almost half the fixtures from being so strong for so long.

Balogun, Jack, Roofe, Danilo and Silva have all featured in approx a dozen league games and that seems more than I initially thought.

Anything else stand out that you didn't think/realise until seeing the numbers above?

Info taken from flashscore, stats, positions etc (if mispositioned, not me that did it)

Last edited:
The midfield stats are bloody awful but come as no surprise.

Yeah that pretty much shows our issues in black and white. Piss poor defending and lack of contribution from midfield.

Also read “King Leon” and thought you were referring to Balogun

Yeah that pretty much shows our issues in black and white. Piss poor defending and lack of contribution from midfield.

Also read “King Leon” and thought you were referring to Balogun

I thought biblical when I saw Devine Wright King on our benches.

Last edited:
The goals return from midfield is abysmal- this is killing us

At the same time our recognised strikers are not finding the net - is criminal

Ben Davies played 4 games. It's not just him but the money we are wasting on players not getting a look in is a joke.

There are more than 6 in the squad who had they not been with us this season, they wouldn't be missed at all.

Taking just 6 wages alone, that's a lot spunked on no return whatsoever.

Big Phil has managed to not just put lipstick on a pig, but fcukin face paint it Hollywood style.

We are pishing in the wind if, as a support and a football club, if anyone thinks these stats are acceptable.

They are absolutely dire, to say the let's.

Goodness, our manager most certainly has his work cutout trying to address the situation with the dross he has at his disposal.

Quick glance has Tav outscoring all the midfielders by 6 and only 2 assists less than all listed as mid's.
Yeah but if you put one of our midfielders on penalties and that will be that problem gone. If for example, Dessers was our PK taker and he has 10 or 12 more goals, does that suddenly make him a world beater and make things look better for us on the whole?

Last edited:
Rangers

Butland Jack

Played 32 Clean Sheets 17

Defenders

Balogun Leon

Played 12 Goals 0 Assists 0 Yellow 1 Red 1

Barisic Borna

Played 17 Goals 0 Assists 3 Yellow 3 Red 0

Davies Ben

Played 4 Goals 0 Assists 0 Yellow 1 Red 0

Goldson Connor

Played 29 Goals 0 Assists 1 Yellow 7 Red 0

King Leon

Played 3 Goals 0 Assists 0 Yellow 0 Red 0 (12 minutes total)

Rice Bailey

Played 2 Goals 0 Assists 0 Yellow 1 Red 0 (14 minutes total)

Souttar John

Played 24 Goals 1 Assists 1 Yellow 2 Red 0

Sterling Dujon

Played 19 Goals 0 Assists 1 Yellow 2 Red 0

Tavernier James

Played 32 Goals 17 Assists 8 Yellow 2 Red 0

Yilmaz Ridvan

Played 22 Goals 1 Assists 1 Yellow 1 Red 0

Midfielders

Cantwell Todd

Played 25 Goals 5 Assists 4 Yellows 5 Red 0

Cortes Oscar

Played 6 Goals 1 Assists 1 Yellow 0 Red 0

Diomande Mohammed

Played 8 Goals 2 Assists 0 Yellow 1 Red 0

Dowell Kieran

Played 9 Goals 2 Assists 0 Yellow 0 Red 0

Jack Ryan

Played 11 Goals 0 Assists 0 Yellow 0 Red 0

Lundstram John

Played 30 Goals 0 Assists 4 Yellow 3 Red 0

Raskin Nicolas

Played 14 Goals 1 Assists 1 Yellow 2 Red 0

Forwards

Danilo

Played 12 Goals 4 Assists 1 Yellow 0 Red 0

Dessers Cyriel

Played 29 Goals 13 Assists 3 Yellow 0 Red 0

Lawrence Tom

Played 19 Goals 1 Assists 3 Yellow 1 Red 0

Matondo Rabbi

Played 18 Goals 5 Assists 3 Yellow 1 Red 0

McCausland Ross

Played 23 Goals 1 Assists 2 Yellow 0 Red 0

Roofe Kemar

Played 12 Goals 1 Assists 0 Yellow 0 Red 0

Silva Fabio

Played 12 Goals 2 Assists 0 Yellow 0 Red 0

Sima Abdallah

Played 23 Goals 11 Assists 2 Yellow 0 Red 0

Wright Scott

Played 19 Goals 0 Assists 0 Yellow 2 Red 1

One thing that struck me most was 15 separate league games where we have conceded a goal, almost half the fixtures from being so strong for so long.

Balogun, Jack, Roofe, Danilo and Silva have all featured in approx a dozen league games and that seems more than I initially thought.

Anything else stand out that you didn't think/realise until seeing the numbers above?

Info taken from flashscore, stats, positions etc (if mispositioned, not me that did it)
What stands out for me is that our best performers are the same players that many on here want shown the door,like them or not without the contribution of Tav and Dessers we wouldnt even be in a position where the League and Cup are in our own hands.

Stats aren't everything, but in a league of fine margins, 11 goals and 10 assists from the entire midfield is the kind of thing that leaves you struggling to put games to bed, relying on James Tavernier penalties to get the job done, and ultimate, on the end of enough narrow defeats and disappointing draws that you collapse into second place. Only 2 goals from defence too, excluding Tav's efforts.

If we would have sorted this problem last summer with even a couple more midfielders capable of scoring close to 10 goals, it would have likely been worth another 5-10 points and Tav's goalscoring would have been the ace card that pushed us well beyond the scum and out of touch. Instead, Tav's goals are too often digging us out of holes.

First thing that jumped out at me is that the stats have mistakes in them. Dujon Sterling got sent off against Aberdeen.

What stands out for me is that our best performers are the same players that many on here want shown the door,like them or not without the contribution of Tav and Dessers we wouldnt even be in a position where the League and Cup are in our own hands.
Rangers striker should be contributing 20-30 goals a year

The ones that don't are normally the workers who bring others into it Alfie/Miller etc were a workers and link up players as much as anything.

Dessers can not link play up regularly, doesn't press or when does gets passed around, when it's physical he falls down and screems for free kick at the softest touch, he's offside a lot.

First thing that jumped out at me is that the stats have mistakes in them. Dujon Sterling got sent off against Aberdeen.
Is that mistakes or mistake.

Getting away from that, the stats put forward are still not what we as Rangers Supporters should never accept as being acceptable.

Last edited:

The ones that don't are normally the workers who bring others into it Alfie/Miller etc were a workers and link up players as much as anything.

Dessers can not link play up regularly, doesn't press or when does gets passed around, when it's physical he falls down and screems for free kick at the softest touch, he's offside a lot.

Dessers probably will just about get 20 this season, it's just unfortunate he'll need about 50 chances to get there.

Dessers probably will just about get 20 this season, it's just unfortunate he'll need about 50 chances to get there.

Poster on here earlier said we had 92 attempts in our last 4 games resulting in us scoring 5 goals (6th an own goal).

We needed 18 attempts at goal, for a goal or nearer 37 for 2 goals.

Not all Cyriel's fault, I know.

I don't mind players missing out happens but he's missings big chances that cost us

Even boyd/mccoist etc all contributed other than goals.

Dessers had a little run but had slipped backwards again

He is on 17 so will probably surpass 20,some of his passes in linking up play have been fantastic,he is the only player who does press,I have lost count the number of times he has closed down the keeper or C/H only to turn round and find he is on his own.
You must be mixing him up with Silva,Dessers is physical did you not see him and carter-vickers?
He does get caught offside,maybe the midfield should get the ball up to him quicker.
Nobody is saying he is brilliant,yes he does miss chances like plenty of other strikers but he doesent deserve the abuse he gets.

Yet people would have you believe Tav is our biggest problem.

Our midfield don't contribute enough and neither do our attackers. Hard to judge Danilo fairly given his injuries but we've been left with Dessers - who gets a lot of stick, sometimes over the top IMO - or Roofe, who basically hasn't contributed anything in 2 years.

Reportedly £25k a week on Davies as well and he's hardly kicked his arse.

Not that it matters much but having Leon King as a Young Player of the Year nominee is embarrassing. 3 appearances, 12 minutes combined ffs.

Dessers - Played 29, Started 22, Goals 13 Assists 3. Decent return apparently.

Morelos at his worst - Played 32 Started 15, Goals 11 Assists 6. Get rid, disgrace, shocking stats, etc, etc.

This place is funny.

2 goals from defence (Souttar & Yilmaz) other than Tav is fücking pathetic.

Connor Goldson in particular, hang your head in shame.

Sums up how bad we are at attacking set pieces.
He has got much worse. Seem to recall him scoring a fair few in previous seasons, yet for a guy who wins so many attacking headers, his ability is woeful.

It's not our biggest issue but it is a factor in not putting games to bed like on Sunday.

Lack of goals spread throughout the team has been an issue for years.

We’re overly reliant on the same faces for goals.

The lack of goals from midfield is appalling in all honesty. Same for the defenders excluding Tavernier too.

I agree but I don't think that's the right backs fault
No it isn't, but it is his fault how many goals we are losing in behind him now teams have worked out how to expose him at the key point of the season. What would you say, 3 of the last 6 conceded came from in behind Tav? This is our dilemma. Is his primary job to score and provide, or to shut out the opposition and defend? The old adage is that leagues are won by the best defence. the next 6 games will tell. Maybe since Wright neither scores nor assists as he should, big Phil should think about making it his responsibility to cover our rampaging Captain's defensive frailties!!

Back