3pts Behind with 5 games to go

I’m usually the optimist, but the last weeks have been so sobering that it’s hard to find a straw to clutch on to.

Don't do it to yourself.
They have their key players back and are improving. We got our injured players back , and went backwards. We're fucked.

I’m absolutely sick of these players, I usually try and look for positives and try and stick up for the players.

I’ve had enough of them.

I wish they would all just fk off because there’s no fight in this team to win a title.
Exactly how I feel last night was the final nail in there coffin Sunday gave them the benifit of doubt bad day at office etc, but to put in the same type of performance days later when you knew 3 points was a must is criminal

What other players who are way better is he going to pick???
Sterling in midfield or Raskin.

Lawrence isn't a central midfielder usually, he plays more advanced and is too slow and not robust.

Silva at left wing has been grim. Play a winger there like Matondo or Sima on that side.

As for way better, our squad is grim but guys being shoehorned in to unfamiliar roles isn't helping.

Sterling seems able to play a number of roles adequately but he should be centre mid where he can influence the game more by using his strength to dominate.

We have gone from looking comfortable and competent to looking below average in a short time.

The fitness and mentality of some is fragile and add a striker sho misses sitter after sitter and centre back who has forgotten how to play, it is a mess

When Clement came in we all would have taken it with the position we were in. Just trying to look for some positives, is there anyway we can turn our form around and do the unthinkable?
We certainly would have taken it, but current form would suggest we’ll fall further behind.

It should have been all but wrapped up by now if they hadn’t shat the bed.

Clement gets a clean slate next season with hopefully some new faces instead of Beale’s bottlers.

Lawrence isn't a central midfielder usually, he plays more advanced and is too slow and not robust.

Silva at left wing has been grim. Play a winger there like Matondo or Sima on that side.

As for way better, our squad is grim but guys being shoehorned in to unfamiliar roles isn't helping.

Sterling seems able to play a number of roles adequately but he should be centre mid where he can influence the game more by using his strength to dominate.

We have gone from looking comfortable and competent to looking below average in a short time.

The fitness and mentality of some is fragile and add a striker sho misses sitter after sitter and centre back who has forgotten how to play, it is a mess
Decent summary professor

At this moment, I reckon our only chance of winning at Parkhead is if we're more than 3 points behind and the pressure is off to an extent. Even then it's highly unlikely

We are football fans and we always hold a hope that we can win, it is just human nature. Technically the scum have a couple of games where they may drop points and technically a 3-0 win for us at their shitpit puts us top. Technically I could bump into Kelly Brooke and charm her into my bed but I would certainly not be placing any degree of hope in that ever happening.

There is a fundamental issue within the squad and it has been there for a while; They think they are worse than the scum as a unit. When they are behind and out of the fight it is easy, they are where they feel they should be but as soon as they get a sniff of a win, a chance to open a lead, they fall to pieces. I fully expect them to start winning games again now, right up to the point we go to the scum, where it really matters, and where they will fall apart again.

They will be able to drop points in at least one of the 4 other games and still win the league. That's because they will beat us at their place without a doubt.

It’s about context… if we had only clawed it back to 3pts since Clement took over, and had won the last 5 games, were playing well with confidence and momentum, then absolutely, it would be game on.

But what we actually did was did extremely well to not only claw back but overtake them and sit top of the league. Then in the last month or so we have completely collapsed, lost all momentum and appear to have zero confidence, playing a disjointed and horrendous brand of football. With that context, despite only being 3 pts behind and an OF game still to play, I sadly think there is little chance.

Would love to be wrong btw.

If we were to win the next 4 games and Celtic also drop points away to Kilmarnock, I would not be trusting this team to see it over the line at Tynecastle.

They definitely have the ability to do a Helicopter Sunday in reverse.

We should be sitting two points ahead and raring to go, but they have chucked it against two awful teams. Season is done.

We just need to win our next two games and reassess. They could also drop points before the old firm. I haven’t much confidence in the squad but things change in a blink of an eye in football.

Dunno about form but I agree that if one had said in October. Would take 3pts gap, league cup and semi final of SC. I think we all would have bitten your hand off. Doesn't blunt the pain of this but it is true

When Clement came in we all would have taken it with the position we were in. Just trying to look for some positives, is there anyway we can turn our form around and do the unthinkable?
I like the positive attitude and I was right behind the team after Sunday as I saw it as our blip and we would beat Dundee and put pressure on them.
Sadly after last night any positivity I had has evaporated.
The only small, very small silver lining would be a Scottish Cup win but I fear for Sunday

Our only chance of winning league title now is an absolute collapse by celtic with them dropping points in games against Dundee and hearts and probably Killie.
I see this as more likely than us managing to win all our games between now and end of season.

I know what you're saying but majority of our squad just aren't good enough. Silva will end up with Barnsley or a team of that level. Matondo is short of what we need. Raskin in my opinion is crap. Sterling could well do a job for us. We can't afford sima. Lawrence has been a let down, watched him at Derby when Rooney was there and he looked a player. Cantwell flatters but end product is not good.

If we were 3 points behind, but in a good run of form and closing the gap then I'd be confident.
I can't see this team winning all the remaining league games and to be honest with the form we've been in since the middle of last month you wouldn't bet heavily on us winning any of them.

Been pumped off second bottom of the league and drew with a team we hammered 5-0 in the same fixture 3 months previous. If you think that’s a team that’s winning the next 5 games you’re in cuckoo land brother. Leagues done and will be won by probably 7-8 points

Up until now I have said yes, because I believe they will drop points also. However, we now have no error room and must win at Parkhead so the likelihood is slim at best.

I gave them a slight chance after the Ross C. disaster. After Dundee I'm finished hoping. I see them losing more points and miss out on final.
From the Quad to the double unlikely.

Stop these posts immediately!

You have seen these donkey's play the past month or so havent you?

You are at it.

Not with this shower of losers . We now have to depend on other teams beating them that's if we don't ( which we probably won't ) take anything away from the paedodome. . Forget about it we've blown it and we're left with that wee smarmy bastard gloating on the paedodome steps come May.

Sadly, this team is done. They lack, structure, energy, belief and quality. I’d be very surprised if we beat Hearts on Sunday never mind have any chance of winning this title.

I do think the Dundee scenario has killed us a bit. However, that’s no excuse for 1 win in six league matches. Blown it.

On paper it's obviously not impossible. Especially when we have one more league match against them.

But in reality, this group of players just aren't capable of doing it.

Win the Scottish Cup, overhaul the squad in the summer and then try to get through the CL qualifiers.

The title is gone.

Dunno about form but I agree that if one had said in October. Would take 3pts gap, league cup and semi final of SC. I think we all would have bitten your hand off. Doesn't blunt the pain of this but it is true
Not from being 2 points in front!

When all you have left is to hope for snookers then it’s game over, if anything it’ll get worse over the next few games. These players are not fit for purpose and don’t have enough about them to get over the line sadly.

I haven't seen a Rangers team throw away a title like this since 97/98 but that squad could at least point to all the success they had achieved over the previous decade.

Reactions: VGM
You're right. We would have taken this when Clement took over.

The problem is obviously that we are in free fall and they have all the confidence and momentum, so the gap is only going to get bigger

On current form i wouldnt fancy us v anyone in the top 6. All its taking to beat us just now is the opposition to put in a bit of effort. The last 2 performances have been as bad as any we have seen in recent years.

Back