3rd Decision this season where the Refs stuck to his guns.

AlbertaBlue

After being asked to take a look at the monitor.
When a ref goes to the monitor it usually means one thing, he’s changing his decision, is the common phrase from the commentator.
Even Aberdeens Neil Warnock mentioned it after Sterling was sent off.

Celtic and their media lapdogs went mental when 1 decision went against them v hearts.

Since then they’ve has ever decision go in their favour. We release a strongly worded statement and when the spl or sfa tell us to bolt we just accept it.

There’s no way in a million years Collum gives that pen for us. He spent about 90 secs watching the replay over and over and a blind man can see O’Reilly kicked our player. This is the same ref who when in var in the last game didn’t even think the hand ball should be reviewed. Can you imagine how that lot would deal with major decisions going against them in all 4 old firm games this season?

I watch a lot of football , we are the only club I’ve seen that consistently sees referees ignore the VAR suggestions in favour of our opponents
The question is from what you have seen were the refs right or wrong or were we consistently right or wrong?

when that review panel come to publish the mistakes. that will come up as a non penalty and golum was wrong.our club should be kicking up a stink about this
Of all on the list where decisions were wrong I would like to see how many of these wrong decisions on other clubs favoured or were against The Rings?

I watch a lot of football , we are the only club I’ve seen that consistently sees referees ignore the VAR suggestions in favour of our opponents

Said the same thing in match thread. I don’t actually remember a single time a ref hasn’t changed their call when called to the monitor. Yet I’ve now seen it multiple times with us

Said the same thing in match thread. I don’t actually remember a single time a ref hasn’t changed their call when called to the monitor. Yet I’ve now seen it multiple times with us
It only seems to happen with Rangers. Funny that.
I take it Brenda will have no issue with VAR Refereeing the game like he did at Tynecastle?

The referee on the pitch shouldn’t be involved.

He’s either shat it, or I’d bent. Why make a guy who’s made the wrong decision originally mark his own homework in-front of 60,000 that want him to stick to original decision?

The whole process is bizarre.
This is a fair point but I think I’m right in saying the on-field referee power is the same the world over under fifa rules therefore we are indeed talking about an SFA issue where referees. Annoy even accept that they may have mis-called an incident .
That is a major problem for SFA as they effectively have a licensed cheat in there system and are expected to take executive action surely ?

Here’s a thing that penalty is it possible o’riley knew it wasn’t legitimate and basically never struck it with the intention of burying it ? That’s how lame it was . Maybe he felt embarrassed and shamed .

I couldn’t quite believe my eyes at that one.

Chris Sutton giving it the “well done Willie” too and Miller licking his arse in agreement

It was outrageous
I watch matches with sound off these days and at end switch it on . Was stunned that the gormless trio in the studio all called it as a clear penalty it was beyond belief . Boyd McFadden Lennon . Farcical .

Thought it was interesting watching the var pictures Colum was getting shown,the view from behind that clearly shows Oreilly instigating the contact was played 5 or 6 times in a row.

You could imagine the var officials saying to Colum,ffs Willie how clear does it need to be.

I would doubt many Rangers fans were confident he would overturn it though

I thought at the time it was never a penalty. After viewing it numerous times i still don't think it was a penalty,
The 3 panelists in the studio did think it was a penalty. I don't know what they are seeing that I don't understand,. Diomonde has his foot on the ground O'Reilly kicks his foot takes a step then falls over.

I thought at the time it was never a penalty. After viewing it numerous times i still don't think it was a penalty,
The 3 panelists in the studio did think it was a penalty. I don't know what they are seeing that I don't understand,. Diomonde has his foot on the ground O'Reilly kicks his foot takes a step then falls over.
Exactly the same experience for me while watching . You can tell the way O’Riley goes down it was simulation to gain a foul .

I couldn’t quite believe my eyes at that one.

Chris Sutton giving it the “well done Willie” too and Miller licking his arse in agreement

It was outrageous
Perfect time for Boyd or Miller to call out Sutton … he was raging when Silva ‘dived’ for a penalty at Ibrox even though he was chopped at the knee ….. the bias was plain and obvious and not one of them called him out

Last edited:
Perfect time for Boyd or Muller to call out Sutton … he was raging when Silva ‘dived’ for a penalty at Ibrox even though he was chopped at the knee ….. the bias was plain and obvious and not one of them called him out

Did I imagine this or did someone post after the 3-3 that the VAR hears the Sky commentary

It’s patently clear if that’s the case that Sutton tries to influence them, making out that whatever decision favours Celtic is so blatant and obvious and it would be “embarrassing” if they got it wrong

Did I imagine this or did someone post after the 3-3 that the VAR hears the Sky commentary

It’s patently clear if that’s the case that Sutton tries to influence them, making out that whatever decision favours Celtic is so blatant and obvious and it would be “embarrassing” if they got it wrong
He definitely tries to set the narrative rolling facilitated by Sky , which is why he’s in the commentary box …. Miller is hopeless and Boyd doesn’t seem to be able to pick his moments in the studio

We just seem to get rag dolled on and off the pitch in every area wether it’s PR, Recruitment, Political Clout, media etc etc

The upshot being we could very easily be overtaken on titles and trophies won in the next 2 years

Other way round

Sky hear the VAR conversation

He definitely tries to set the narrative rolling facilitated by Sky , which is why he’s in the commentary box …. Miller is hopeless and Boyd doesn’t seem to be able to pick his moments in the studio

We just seem to get rag dolled on and off the pitch in every area wether it’s PR, Recruitment, Political Clout, media etc etc

The upshot being we could very easily be overtaken on titles and trophies won in the next 2 years

It feels a little inevitable they’ll overtake us on trophies soon.

It’s presumably going to be unfamiliar territory for most of us, but I’ve been trying to be rational about it.

A look to the history books shows it’s not like Rangers have been ahead since the dawn of time and this will be some cataclysmic event.

The reality is there were times in history when they were already ahead on trophies.

It’s not like a permanent, irreparable thing to be overtaken.

We’re Rangers, we’ve just got to get our shit together at some point

Clearly not a penalty which is why VAR recommended an on field review.

Collum is either a cheat or a coward, or both.
The former 100%, but when you have clowns in the studio all saying “he caught him, it’s a penalty” your banging your head against a brick wall.

Twice Celtic players have kicked our players in big moments in old firm games and twice they’ve had a massive advantage.. Dessers goal in the first one at Ibrox chopped off then this ‘penalty’ yesterday. Not a level playing field.. they get the big decisions by their pet referees when they need them

Twice Celtic players have kicked our players in big moments in old firm games and twice they’ve had a massive advantage.. Dessers goal in the first one at Ibrox chopped off then this ‘penalty’ yesterday. Not a level playing field.. they get the big decisions by their pet referees when they need them

Let’s not forget the fact both Johnston and Bernardo should have been sent off in the December games for clear second yellows.

There’s not a chance a Rangers player gets away with what they did that day. Not in a month or Sundays

Thought it was interesting watching the var pictures Colum was getting shown,the view from behind that clearly shows Oreilly instigating the contact was played 5 or 6 times in a row.

You could imagine the var officials saying to Colum,ffs Willie how clear does it need to be.

I would doubt many Rangers fans were confident he would overturn it though
This is why we should be hearing the audio.

If this was say Cantwell or Silva that did this they would be outrage at the blatant cheating never in a month of Sundays would we have got a penalty for that,they would have been booked and the incident replayed calling them out for it...but nothing too see here. .

Back