40 years watching Rangers

And never once have I been in a position where I could say that I would happily see the back of every single player in our squad. I’m struggling to find anyone I’d be keen to keep and that’s tragic.
I won’t be back at Ibrox this season till that leadership group are dropped on their arses.

Except from last year and the year before you mean? We've allowed ourselves to be continually hoodwinked by the same set of serial losers year after year. Butland aside there's not a single senior player that deserves to be here next year.

another sweeping up of the champions league riches for that shower,due to a bunch of imposters ,this time next year that lot could be sitting with almost 100 million in the bank, whilst we are still buying players past their sell by date, players that lower league clubs have passed on and assorted other wasters,

I still go all the time. I have for about 60 years.
We win nothing with these players.
He has to ship around fifteen out.
A huge ask.
We win nothing with the likes of Lawrence and Dowell.
Imposters.

And never once have I been in a position where I could say that I would happily see the back of every single player in our squad. I’m struggling to find anyone I’d be keen to keep and that’s tragic.
I've got64 years watching them,Sunday just gutted me I didn't even watch tnite,prepared to take flak, but I feel for the manager,when I heard Balogun was out tnite,Hearts will terrorise us on Sunday,but the serial losers in this squad have to go,utterly gutted,Big Phil is on a hiding to nothing.
Back to watching City v real never ever ever have I not watched the famous but totally heartbroken.

Clement has to get the summer transfers spot on, we can’t afford another crock of expensive shite coming in the door.

Lawrence, Dowell, Lundstram, Davies, Goldson and Matondo all supposedly on big wages. Dessers and Lammers I would imagine are on a healthy wage also, these players need moved on.

Pretty sure everyone had the same thoughts when Beale and Gio were near the end of their tenures.

The worst thing is how there's essentially nobody you look at and think "we can build a team/defence/midfield around him." Butland will be leaving. Tav, Goldson and Lundstram should all go, but even if any of them are here, we can't consider them cornerstones of a new-look side. Tav could contribute, but we need a new captain and a new right back. Except Sima and maybe Cantwell, nobody has claimed a position convincingly as their own in midfield or attack.

It's more desperate than even last year. This time last year we thought we were building something new around Raskin and Cantwell. Raskin is floundering after several injuries through this season. I want to believe he'll come good but my patience is gone. Cantwell is among our better players and is one I hope could flourish with better teammates, but let's face it, his stock hasn't risen in the past year.

I have hope for Yilmaz (if he's not sold), Diomande, Sterling, Cantwell, Souttar (more as a squad player) and McCausland (still very young and needs space to grow). Sima obviously if we sign him (but I'm not sure I see that happening now). But that's seven players out of a whole squad, and with the spine of the first 11 essentially a gaping hole. So much work to do, and on a limited budget.

Well my first game was in 1969 so I'm 55 years watching and can say this lot remind me of the dreadful early 80's when failure was the norm.

Except from last year and the year before you mean? We've allowed ourselves to be continually hoodwinked by the same set of serial losers year after year. Butland aside there's not a single senior player that deserves to be here next year.
They’ve pumped out 4 managers at this point?
Now MB wasn’t the answer but downing tools or not having the heart isn’t what The Famous are all about
If we need to help pay for the “leaders” to leave it’ll be more painless in the long run

Clement has to get the summer transfers spot on, we can’t afford another crock of expensive shite coming in the door.

Lawrence, Dowell, Lundstram, Davies, Goldson and Matondo all supposedly on big wages. Dessers and Lammers I would imagine are on a healthy wage also, these players need moved on.
We’ve been run so poorly for years. The amount of money wasted since Pedro is sickening. If we had a more astute recruitment department and signing policy we’d have won the league this season. Instead, that mob get to walk the league without being particularly good.

If you're being 100% honest with yourself then there's been many since 2012.

Fck these current bottlers though. Rangers fans deserve more than this shit show.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat mate. Probably close to 40 years for me also and I just have no desire to even watch the games anymore.

It's the same pish over and over again. No one takes the game by the scruff of the neck. Need a goal and every time it's just Goldson, Soutar, Lundstram and Tav playing a week game of keep ball in their own half waiting for the opposition to get back into position before we slowly try and do something. It's absolutely brutal to watch and it's been the same for years.

There is a core of players in the club who have no bottle. They continually let us down when it counts. Hopefully the manager has seen them.
Last nights midfield was absolutely atrocious. Defensively back to the way they played under Beale and a forward line who look devoid of taking any opportunities that fall their way.
Maybe two or three players I’d keep the rest have shown they aren’t up for the fight.

Every single player that walks through the door at Ibrox eventually gets infected with this shite the bed attitude.

There’s a loser mentality that runs through the club which pops up just about every season .

There’s needs to be an immediate and extensive clear out or we will be in the same boat next year

There is a core of players in the club who have no bottle. They continually let us down when it counts. Hopefully the manager has seen them.
Last nights midfield was absolutely atrocious. Defensively back to the way they played under Beale and a forward line who look devoid of taking any opportunities that fall their way.
Maybe two or three players I’d keep the rest have shown they aren’t up for the fight.
Yet there are still folk on here defending them.
Not sure if some are clueless or just stubborn.

What’s utterly incredible here is we have the biggest player wage bill in the country.

Seven of the top ten biggest earners in Scotland are at Rangers.

A horrific example of how badly we are run is paying £1.4m a year in wages for Ben Davies to be a spectator. He’s on more money per week than every player at Celtic bar one just let that sink in.

Well my first game was in 1969 so I'm 55 years watching and can say this lot remind me of the dreadful early 80's when failure was the norm.
Funny you should post this,I was thinking last night watch it,it reminded me of some of the god damn awful performances I used to watch at Dens in the early 80’s

There must be plenty going on behind the scenes for the players to lose morale and fight like this. Clement looks like he is strict and a hard taskmaster so I can't see why the players just seem to have chucked it.

What’s utterly incredible here is we have the biggest player wage bill in the country.

Seven of the top ten biggest earners in Scotland are at Rangers.

A horrific example of how badly we are run is paying £1.4m a year in wages for Ben Davies to be a spectator. He’s on more money per week than every player at Celtic bar one just let that sink in.

How do you know this?

I’ve never seen contracts or payslips for any of our players or for Celtic players.

Big Phil did wonders to have this shower of mediocrity in a title race for so long.

Need to get away from this, was similar to the talk around Beale last season.

He has done the bare minimum in the league. Beat at the weekend by a full squad who are paid less combined than Lundstrum.

We need to accept we would still be out of the race if the scum hadn’t collapsed for a couple months.

60 years for me.....renewed for next season but , like a poster said In another thread not sure I can emotionally invest much more .
57 years for me and can't agree more.

The early 80's were awful too but there was still a connection with the players to a certain extent. This mob of 'shit the bed's' are getting me down big time!

We’ve been run so poorly for years. The amount of money wasted since Pedro is sickening. If we had a more astute recruitment department and signing policy we’d have won the league this season. Instead, that mob get to walk the league without being particularly good.
We must be their biggest contributors at this point, more or less every year we’re handing them the league and the CL money that accompanies it.

I've basically done 60 years and feel exactly the same.

I'd keep Butland and maybe Cantwell and nix the rest.

However, we both know, however right the sentiment and argument is, it's not feasible and won't be happening.

57 years for me and can't agree more.

The early 80's were awful too but there was still a connection with the players to a certain extent. This mob of 'shit the bed's' are getting me down big time!
The players in the 80's were mainly Scottish Rangers supporters who weren't quite good enough but always fought for the jersey.
This mob don't care.

Back