45,421 at Tottenham v Liverpool.

Just watching the highlights.

Liverpool have been cheated in that game and it shows you can still get dishonest officials affecting the results of games.

There will be multiple reasons for it.

Omicron related isolation.
Omicron related fear i.e tourists not travelling to London, and locals shitting themselves.

Its the week before Christmas. As well as the normal mass exodus to travel back to family for the festive period, there will have been a rush out of the city with everybody going back ‘home’ incase they put in sudden travel restrictions next week.

Huge swathes of the London population are transient.

See fit their match on Wednesday with West Ham you need to have been a member before the draw was made to buy tickets. Could they have some something similar today?

You having fun on here tonight, Declan...?
Nah, in my spot in cd7 there easily 50 empty seats I could see and there were loads of empty seats across the rest of the stadium. With the time of year and covid on the rise, attendances are going to be down. Pointless thread looking for something that’s not there

Just watching the highlights.

Liverpool have been cheated in that game and it shows you can still get dishonest officials affecting the results of games.
I'd rather believe they're incompetent over dishonest. The thing with VAR is you've got the ability to get a panel of referees to review and vote on decisions (potentially) to improve decision making overall.

I'd rather believe they're incompetent over dishonest. The thing with VAR is you've got the ability to get a panel of referees to review and vote on decisions (potentially) to improve decision making overall.
I'd rather believe that too, but there's no way Chris Kavanagh has watched those replays today in the VAR suite and believed it wasn't a red for Kane or a clear penalty for Liverpool.

I've got no love for Liverpool but something wasn't right there today.

I'd rather believe that too, but there's no way Chris Kavanagh has watched those replays today in the VAR suite and believed it wasn't a red for Kane or a clear penalty for Liverpool.

It's another point really, I just think we're at a point where you've got the TV reviews and you've got the ability to review a decision then set it to a panel of referees rather than blame one person (either the actual referee or the guy doing the VAR). I'm sure that it'd be better to blame a majority of 3 or 5 or 7 decision makers. To be fair I've just now caught up on MotD and can see what you mean - that said, referees are human and Klopp being an aggressive dick might've influenced his decisions as well in response.

It's another point really, I just think we're at a point where you've got the TV reviews and you've got the ability to review a decision then set it to a panel of referees rather than blame one person (either the actual referee or the guy doing the VAR).
There's a named ref in charge of VAR.

Who else do you blame for those decisions?

Even Shearer called him out on MOTD.

The OP is daft given the situation in London, the number of people I know that have it down here is crazy, but the thread has morphed into all sorts of nonsense.

The novelty of their new ground seems to have worn off. That's an awfully mediocre attendance for such a big game. There must not have been any tourists about today or something.
Shame as it was a great spectacle. I don’t normally venture out our games but thought it was a great watch.

With talk about the attendance yesterday at Ibrox, I thought it was definitely busier than Wednesday. Ibrox on Wednesday was very quiet outside the stadium when we got there, it was a decent crowd when we got in but yesterday was definitely busier imo

Fabulous stadium and most importantly day experience, was there for the Leeds game a fortnight ago. Hoping the Edmiston Suite redevelopment means i can bring my 4-year-old son to a game and enjoy it similarly at Ibrox. We're lightyears behind.

Those saying it was full. On the Sky coverage, they did mention about large empty areas in the upper tiers. So it did look packed for what you could see on the box.

Tubes were running fine, I was in London travelling to Kings cross, to catch my train this afternoon. London has been called a major incident due to covid hospitalizations.

Popular misconception that. Up until Friday there were 85 people UK wide with Omicron in UK hospitals.

London has been declared a major incident because the high case rate and the knock on effect of the isolation rules. Basically they don’t enough people to run the infrastructure. Nothing to do with hospitalisations, although the MSM would like you to think that way.

Friend of mine went to the game, group of 11 of them season ticket holders together. Only 3 went given omicron risk and fact cases are rife in London. Don't blame them at all.

Can guarantee you it's not the stadium novelty wearing off if you'd been, you'd know why...

Kane was a definite Red Card. All day. Penalty definitely should have gone Liverpools way. Shows VAR doesn't get everything right.

Ont he attendence, Spurs are never a top side. this idea they were an elite team is simply risible. They have won nothing of note in most peoples lifetime, their crowds aren't massive and they are a bit of a no mark team really.

Ibrox as busy as usual for kick off.....I admit a few folk left at half time. Two guys near me basically said "Freezing, shit game, off to the pub..."

Tube strikes and the risk of testing positive and having to isolate over Christmas. I think 42k is an excellent gate for that situation. Have you ever tried to get around London without the tube?

Popular misconception that. Up until Friday there were 85 people UK wide with Omicron in UK hospitals.

London has been declared a major incident because the high case rate and the knock on effect of the isolation rules. Basically they don’t enough people to run the infrastructure. Nothing to do with hospitalisations, although the MSM would like you to think that way.
But my point stands with the op. The tubes were running fine. They are striking over late hours working payments. They wont affect normal hours.

You can go on various 'vlogs' of yesterday's game and see footage of the stands. Certainly far more than 45k.

Been there a couple of times. Stadium is out of this world and for viewing football they have absolutely nailed it.

Best in Britain, by far.

I'd imagine most people don't want to risk covid this close to Christmas.

It was.

I think it will transpire that there was an admin error with the published attendance figure.

There were not 15,000 empty seats, nothing like it.
Is it possible that there is a top tier we can't see from the camera angle? It looked pretty full to me watching yesterday.

Back