46k MyGers members - is this higher than our number of season tickets?

It’s nothing new.

Debentures, Ready for the Future, Blue Heaven - all chaff we came away with in the 90s to generate money.

Bisgrove must have found the Murray instruction manual and rand with it
I’d actually find it more palatable if they done a debenture type thing though

Charge £ to put name on seat, offer a Bar72 type ST to all ST holders (charge say an extra £300 on top of STs and say it will be inclusive of all games, the club then take a gamble on a euro run)

I'd rather have some chance than no chance (rather have a season ticket to be fair).

50 quid is worth it for me to go pretty much all the home games. It's good to go to different parts of the stadium as well, had some great chats with fellow bears.
Fair enough, I can't sit in different parts of the stadium as I am 6 feet 4" and a Fat B**tard so I always need to source an aisle seat as I am not sitting with my knees to my chin and my shins cut to f*ck with the back of the chair in front of me :rolleyes:

There will be fans who aren’t, as yet, season ticket holders at Ibrox and who may wish to go along (and perhaps take the kids and grandchildren) to see the B Team or the Womens Team. They could be MyGers Members who hope to one day get a season ticket or they may simply want to build up MyGers points in the hope of ‘jumping the queue’ and getting tickets for a game at Ibrox. In that context there is nothing wrong with them getting MyGers points. Why wouldn’t they be rewarded for following the B Team or the Womens Team? I actually think that is more deserving than, for example, a programme subscription. They are match attending fans - or they should be. What ‘toxifies’ it is folk buying said season tickets with no intention of attending any of the matches.

Correct.

There should be a condition on the B Team games and Woman's matches that you only get the points if you attend say at least 60% of the games.

I suppose the argument might be that some people don't buy them in that case as they won't go (and ultimately the club want as much cash in as possible) but it'd be interesting to see how much it also lifted the numbers of people at those games.

I'm all for the German style introduction of STs (1st team matches at Ibrox) also being on the condition they're used instead of retained by someone who maybe picks and chooses 5 - 10 games a season. There's a good number of people like that about.

Every MyGers thread just makes me glad I'm not a member. As a ST holder who goes to Ibrox only there's absolutely nothing in it for me.

I assume if you're a non-ST holder these days you need MyGers first to have any chance of getting one?
That’s my thinking. Need to up my points to be able to get a season ticket but once I’ve got one I’ll probably ditch myGers as I can’t get to away games.

The reward of going to see the womens team should he points that relate to the womens team

Priority to their Cup Finals etc and so on.. the “reward” of going to see that side and that side do well, if people are into going to watch the womens teams that’s totally cool - loads of people aren’t.

The club are basically implying people can’t possibly want to see the womens team play without wanting to see the first team play

It’s proper dick patter from the club
There will never need to be priority for any games due to the lack of demand

Correct.

There should be a condition on the B Team games and Woman's matches that you only get the points if you attend say at least 60% of the games.

I suppose the argument might be that some people don't buy them in that case as they won't go (and ultimately the club want as much cash in as possible) but it'd be interesting to see how much it also lifted the numbers of people at those games.

I'm all for the German style introduction of STs (1st team matches at Ibrox) also being on the condition they're used instead of retained by someone who maybe picks and chooses 5 - 10 games a season. There's a good number of people like that about.
People would stop using seat sub and get someone to scan their ticket in if that happens. Club would then lose out on extra revenue and there would be empty seats all over

If you've had your ST since the points are being counted from, have signed up to ALL home non ST matches during the period, have applied for every semi and final, plus you've applied for all away tickets too, then you will be a low Gold MyGers member, no matter how much your ST cost.

European away travel, RTV annual subscription and other add ons, will see you way more comfortable in the Gold tier.

So, although I don't agree with the add ons outside of attending 1st team matches, it's still a loyalty scheme of sorts and infinitely fairer than the previous free for all ballot pish.
It just a scheme that makes me spend more than I used to get something I previously had.

That’s how a “loyalty” scheme specific to a team should work…

There wasn’t the demand for first team games for years but many stuck with it, that’s loyalty - the club are currently profiteering on demand, not loyalty
I never said anything otherwise and I’m not in disagreement with you.

I’m just pointing out that you can’t implement “priority” where a lack of demand exists.

It just a scheme that makes me spend more than I used to get something I previously had.

Unfortunately it's a supply and demand problem.

Demand for season tickets, away tickets, semis and finals, has never been greater.

MyGers is a scheme that tries to ensure those who go every week, to every type of 1st team game, over a stated period of time, have a better chance of getting tickets for big games, than the casual supporter has.

The sentiment is good, but the introduction of ridiculous add ons, with women's football being the worst, has weakened the credibility of the scheme imo.

Like I said, it's still way better than the previous system, but it has become flawed.

People would stop using seat sub and get someone to scan their ticket in if that happens. Club would then lose out on extra revenue and there would be empty seats all over
I think that’s a bit of an assumption and I don’t think evidence from other clubs support that view.

I never said anything otherwise and I’m not in disagreement with you.

I’m just pointing out that you can’t implement “priority” where a lack of demand exists.
Can never say never re these things, more so with the recent popularity and growth of the womens game

Fans were attending our games without ever expecting us to be in a European Final again, such things are generally the reward for loyalty of following a team, not points that benefit you seeing games of another team.

Demand for season tickets, away tickets, semis and finals, has never been greater.

MyGers is a scheme that tries to ensure those who go every week, to every type of 1st team game, over a stated period of time, have a better chance of getting tickets for big games, than the casual supporter has.

The sentiment is good, but the introduction of ridiculous add ons, with women's football being the worst, has weakened the credibility of the scheme imo.

Like I said, it's still way better than the previous system, but it has become flawed.
I didn't have a problem with the previous system. But that was because I always seemed to get semi-finals and finals from the ballot!

It used to be the case that having a season ticket was enough to differentiate you from the casual supporter. Now we need to accrue points and buy stuff we don't need? Feels more like a money making scheme than a problem solving one.

I’m out of it now because I got no value from it at all but for season ticket holding fans in Scotland who can travel to away games and cup finals/semis then it’s a very workable system.

I’m very lucky to be in a RSC that can facilitate tickets for members, without that then I’d be largely screwed for getting to matches though.

Which does beg one question… for your average 15/16yr old who wants to start going tonRangers matches but doesn’t have a season ticket or family with season tickets to help them… how do they get started? RSC allocations seem to be a thing of the past as well.
I was really fortunate that you could easily buy tickets for matches when I was at that age but it doesn’t seem possible now. All very well to take the view that you rip as many pound coins out of signed up members as possible but what of the next generation of supporters who are trying to break into the cycle of regular match attendance?

I’m out of it now because I got no value from it at all but for season ticket holding fans in Scotland who can travel to away games and cup finals/semis then it’s a very workable system.

I’m very lucky to be in a RSC that can facilitate tickets for members, without that then I’d be largely screwed for getting to matches though.

Which does beg one question… for your average 15/16yr old who wants to start going tonRangers matches but doesn’t have a season ticket or family with season tickets to help them… how do they get started? RSC allocations seem to be a thing of the past as well.
I was really fortunate that you could easily buy tickets for matches when I was at that age but it doesn’t seem possible now. All very well to take the view that you rip as many pound coins out of signed up members as possible but what of the next generation of supporters who are trying to break into the cycle of regular match attendance?
I would expect to a non ST it is still easier to attend more home games by joining an SC and simply using SC tickets, always kicking about for use on my bus.

That’s how a “loyalty” scheme specific to a team should work…

There wasn’t the demand for first team games for years but many stuck with it, that’s loyalty - the club are currently profiteering on demand, not loyalty

100%

As soon as you are making it complicated and/or expensive for people to engage with you and buy your product then you are in the realms or profiteering.

I didn't have a problem with the previous system. But that was because I always seemed to get semi-finals and finals from the ballot!

It used to be the case that having a season ticket was enough to differentiate you from the casual supporter. Now we need to accrue points and buy stuff we don't need? Feels more like a money making scheme than a problem solving one.

I'm totally against the add on buying and other than RTV, I don't buy anything else.

I'm still comfortably Gold.

I would expect to a non ST it is still easier to attend more home games by joining an SC and simply using SC tickets, always kicking about for use on my bus.
I thought RSC allocations had reduced dramatically as away game allocations were done through MyGers?

Which leads you to need folk applying for tickets that they can’t/won’t use and making them available to others in their RSC.

They join MyGers and buy tickets for Home matches during the MyGers window. We’ve posters on here who got every Home League match that way last season, including the two OF games.

Away games is a different matter, of course.

Yes but you’re using me as an example when I’m a complete anomaly in terms of mygers, along with the rest of the top 3%

They hoped people on lower points would buy, 15/20 to cut the gap and make up for not getting euro tickets. Unfortunately for them, people like me have done the euro trip and bought the extra 15/20 points.
I used you as an example because you are the ‘noisiest’ poster on here about MyGers.

Appreciate you and a handful of other posters are, indeed, ‘anomalies’.;):)

I thought RSC allocations had reduced dramatically as away game allocations were done through MyGers?

Which leads you to need folk applying for tickets that they can’t/won’t use and making them available to others in their RSC.
RSCs % used to be 30%, it’s now 20%.

That 10% went to club use

It’s a badly thought out scheme. People in bronze getting a Cat A game before someone in gold, with probably 1600+ points more, should never be allowed.

So again this appears to boil down to certain fans thinking they are better than others and everything should be tailored to them and the rest should GTF.
Rangers have created the division between fans by placing people in tiers and having “loyalty” points.

That’s not @ahalfallover fault

So again this appears to boil down to certain fans thinking they are better than others and everything should be tailored to them and the rest should GTF.
if i go to games more than someone who sits in his armchair.....why should me and him be in same bracket?

Thats not the case though is it, if someone doesnt go to games they wont have any points.
I know of people in gold that haven’t used their STs in years and signed up to cccs to pass on tickets :D

For years supporters buses operated a very similar scheme.

If they run a bus and you go to a game, you get your 'point'.

Didn't even have to be a member of the club, although I paid it because the club was penalised heavily by the authorities for being a club for Protestants. I wasn't even a Protestant, but I said I was on the application to give a little back!

To pin on European away games is probably asking too much due to the financial and time commitments.

B Team? Not pushing the boat out quite as far, but there's no supporters buses and if it's midweek getting home's a problem.

But to hand out points for a glossy pile of pictures and adverts is, quite frankly, taking the piss.

And as for that farcical women's shite, I'd sooner watch a field full of livestock.

Didn't even have to be a member of the club, although I paid it because the club was penalised heavily by the authorities for being a club for Protestants. I wasn't even a Protestant, but I said I was on the application to give a little back!

To pin on European away games is probably asking too much due to the financial and time commitments.

B Team? Not pushing the boat out quite as far, but there's no supporters buses and if it's midweek getting home's a problem.

But to hand out points for a glossy pile of pictures and adverts is, quite frankly, taking the piss.

And as for that farcical women's shite, I'd sooner watch a field full of livestock.
Thing is, you could argue that euro games shouldn’t have ever been included but B team and woman’s team takes the piss

For me, euro games create and issue as regular travellers will make up top 1000 and thus take up a % of gold forever more. The club haven’t properly thought it through

Correct.

Have to agree with you abou the German style. As these unused ST's are linked to a points system, i dont think its fair for people to retain them, collect max points a season but only attend a handful of games. Especially when there's folk out there going to 90% of all home games in a season who would love the chance of aways.
If folk cant get to alot of games to use their ST, for whatever reason, then why not buy game to game?

Thing is, you could argue that euro games shouldn’t have ever been included but B team and woman’s team takes the piss

For me, euro games create and issue as regular travellers will make up top 1000 and thus take up a % of gold forever more. The club haven’t properly thought it through
I'm sure I recall you saying you'd heard a whisper a while back that they would annex off the Euro trips - reintroduce the TC by the back door as an element of MyGers, no doubt at an additional cost - to maybe take that aspect out of the tier points thing. I could well see that happening. Did you ever hear any more on that?

I'm sure I recall you saying you'd heard a whisper a while back that they would annex off the Euro trips - reintroduce the TC by the back door as an element of MyGers, no doubt at an additional cost - to maybe take that aspect out of the tier points thing. I could well see that happening. Did you ever hear any more on that?
Wasn’t discussed much further but I wouldn’t be shocked to see it happen

Wasn’t discussed much further but I wouldn’t be shocked to see it happen
I agree. What's your thoughts on that? Good or bad? I guess the points/credits for Euro Aways would then be separate from the regular MyGers points that count towards membership tiers, so they would no longer be a differential.

buses ran the scheme to show those who actually wanted to go and not pick and choose

The biggest issue with the B/Woman's points is that it gives folk from Cumbernauld & Dumbarton an extra advantage. Selfishly speaking I would love it to be the other way round as I enjoy the B games but quite honestly have little interest in the woman's game

I agree. What's your thoughts on that? Good or bad? I guess the points/credits for Euro Aways would then be separate from the regular MyGers points that count towards membership tiers, so they would no longer be a differential.
Good for everyone other than regular travellers, though it would mean add ons becoming more necessary

Unsure how they remove travel club but keep in b team/woman’s team though

I would argue that none of them should, as Euro/B-Team/Women games are often inaccessible.

B-Team games are the least difficult
Women, slightly more difficult
Europe, beyond the reach of most to attend them all

Although it is probably fair to say that European away games should dictate what European away tickets you get.

They join MyGers and buy tickets for Home matches during the MyGers window. We’ve posters on here who got every Home League match that way last season, including the two OF games.

Away games is a different matter, of course.
I think if you go to all the home games for so many years, at some point you will be offered a season ticket anyway with out needing to buy all the add ons surly

Back