5-1, Aug 27 1988

Bada-Bing

A special day for me. First OF. 12 year old.
Always remembered at it rained when Septic scored, sun came out and Bada-Bing!
Watching it again tonight. Never realised that:
1. Bomber played left-back (always thought it was Munro)
2. It was Fergie’s first proper appearence. Had played in a Bordeaux friendly.
3. Both Rogan and Andrews were in the tims first 11. (Thought they both came later, ie let’s all do the anton).
Anyone else have these distinct memories and yet miss major happenings?

3. Both Rogan and Andrews were in the tims first 11. (Thought they both came later, ie let’s all do the anton).
You sure about Fergie?

He signed around February 88?

I am sure he had already played about a dozen games?

I listened to it on the radio as a 7 year old, playing lego on my bedroom floor. I remember it vividly, from the blanket my lego was spread across to the pattern on the glass of ginger I had. As the goals went in I ran through to the living room to tell my Dad each time. Once we got the 4th he thought I was taking the piss!

Pretty sure we had to wait for Scotsport on the Sunday afternoon to see the goals.

can remember running down the stairs to my mum/gran telling them rangers scored each time. My dad came home a happy man but he still reflects back to that day and Souness coming on slowing the game down.

He still feels there was more goals in it for us.

Souness killed that game when we absolutely had them on the ropes, staggering about punch drunk.

He wanted to rub it in by showboating. We fans wanted it rubbed in by another 3 goals to match our previous 8-1 record win

Was still a glorious match to be at, though :)

Cowal games day in Dunoon, I was 17 and spent it with my cousin and mate, both Celtic fans, heading up the Ferry brae we heard that they had scored, by the time we had settled in the Glasgow hotel we had gone 2 1 up, they were still confident, what a day I had :))

To this day they are the only two mhanks from my younger days that I still have any time for.

Was my first OF game as well east enclosure going berserk when Wilkins scored that goal

I was in the Copland Rear Orange section Row 24 Seat 2. It was my first OF game as previously my old man didn't let me attend them. On this occasion I escaped as he was working but the result more than made up for the aftermath of that decision :)

I would have been 14 and was attending games regularly but we struggled for tickets and went to a beamback in the Edmiston Club.

Not as amazing as being in the stadium on the day but next best thing considering it wasn't live on telly.

I was in the Copland Rear Orange section Row 24 Seat 2. It was my first OF game as previously my old man didn't let me attend them. On this occasion I escaped as he was working but the result more than made up for the aftermath of that decision :)
My Dad never allowed me to go to OF games in 70s. Think it was a mixture of the Ibrox disaster and he worried about trouble between fans (always caused by THEM obvs)

Of the season yes. But he signed in February and played plenty the previous season

Back