5 matches before the winter break

CaptainCourageous

Sunday 16th, Rangers vs Hamilton
Wednesday 19th, Hibs vs Rangers
Sunday 23rd, St. Johnstone vs Rangers
Wednesday 26th, Rangers vs Hibs
Saturday 29th, Rangers vs bheggars

Tough run of matches, realistically what do we reckon - 11 points: WDWWD...

Our next two league games after the shut are on the plastic pitches of Kilmarnock then Livingston.

We've got to end the year well and start 2019 with a bang if we see ourselves as genuine title contenders.

December was an important month and so far it's been a bag of shit - Tynecastle aside.

Barasic and Grezda are two brand new players for us to strengthen that left hand side - they need to play.
3 games at Ibrox with clear focus now on the domestic front.
Settle the back four now for this run in.
WWWWD

Our next two league games after the shut are on the plastic pitches of Kilmarnock then Livingston.

We've got to end the year well and start 2019 with a bang if we see ourselves as genuine title contenders.

December was an important month and so far it's been a bag of shit - Tynecastle aside.
Right now...there is 6 points there. Tops.

Based on the season so far, our form suggested we'd get 16-18pts from December. I think we'll take 10pts from the next 4 games. I'm unsure how the 29th will go.

I'd be content to end this month 3pts behind them. A couple of January additions, less of a schedule and I think we could put on a good challenge.

I’ll take a 3-0 win on Sunday with no injuries and then look forward to playing a depleted Hibs side on Wednesday night and beating them before ending St Johnstone’s great run.
I’ll worry about the last two home games after Santa has been ;)

These threads are murder and come back biting us all the time.
Let's fecking stick to one game at a time.

Sunday 16th, Rangers vs Hamilton 4 - 0
Wednesday 19th, Hibs vs Rangers 0 - 2
Sunday 23rd, St. Johnstone vs Rangers 0 - 2
Wednesday 26th, Rangers vs Hibs 3 - 0
Saturday 29th, Rangers vs bheggars 3 - 0

Full points

Not even losing a goal eh . Admire your optimism however daft it may be .

Can't see taking 6 back to back away to Hibs and St Johnstone.
Looking ahead when we were top, I though we'd beat Aberdeen and Dundee and create a wee buffer over Celtic to allow for any slip up. They were never taking maximum points v Motherwell and Killie. That's the sickener for me

I don't know how many points we will get but the way we are playing I'm beginning to dread every game.

I said at the start of the month if we won all our games in December we would be top of the league and in Europe next year.
It's not going to plan so far.

A thread on an internet forum really isn't going to have an impact on the results is it.
No. My point is they are stupid and embarrassing. October. We will win every game. November. We will win every game. December.....you get the drift?
Let's take a game at a time and stop the stupidly.

Sunday 16th, Rangers vs Hamilton 4 - 0
Wednesday 19th, Hibs vs Rangers 0 - 2
Sunday 23rd, St. Johnstone vs Rangers 0 - 2
Wednesday 26th, Rangers vs Hibs 3 - 0
Saturday 29th, Rangers vs bheggars 3 - 0

Full points

I’ll have what you’re drinking and smoking!

5 shut outs and goals aplenty. :D

I’m not sure how many we’ll take. It’s just a case of getting past Hamilton then seeing what happens in the other 4 games.

The damage unfortunately is already done. December is a huge month as has been talked about on here for a few weeks. We have won one of four games. When it was time to step up, we haven’t.

Going on current form 5 or 8 points.
Beat Hamilton
4 points from hibs if we’re lucky
Draw with st Johnstone
Beat of manky mob.

Confidence counts for a lot in football. We need a good string of results from now until year end, something that’s been missing so far. Achieve that and it’s definitely game on.

Quite simply if we can’t keep the gap at the top as it is at the end of 2018, or indeed reduce it, 55 ain’t happening this season.

Stay in touch, and who knows. I’m expecting nothing based on our season so far, but hope to be pleasantly surprised by the end of play on the 29th.

We know the rotten mob will be fully focused on the big games in the league and cup. The 6 pointers and cup ties. Win on 29th and it’ll boost us and dent their confidence.

Cmon Gers... surprise us.... win em all until year end.....

Back