60,000 were singing in praise of the IRA at the Piggery. It even played through Club sound system.

eyalluvitt

It’s not the schools.

They have RC schools in other UK cities with big Irish catholic communities - Liverpool, Manchester, London - yet there isn’t the same sectarian venom and hatred we see in Glasgow, isn’t the same crazed support for Republican terrorist groups.

So what could it be that fosters such extremism among West of Scotland catholics?

It’s a head scratcher alright.
Does it maybe begin with C and end with C ?

Rev George Walker

Imagine a Muslim teacher with an Osama Bin Laden mug and ISIS leaflets teaching in our schools ?
So long as the teacher was neither white nor Protestant I think they'd be let off, and even have support from some sections (of officialdom). That's not a joke, and a reflection of what we've allowed this nation to become.

You don't get what you deserve, you get what you will accept - see GCC for the last 40 years.

Stez64

Wow...
Caught bang to rights FOUR TIMES, that he put down to unfortunate circumstances and he gets away with it.
Getting caught 4 times is not unfortunate, it's damning.

admac1873

When I attended DA we had a history/modern studies teacher who was a ST holder at ibrox who's room was adorned with UJ,s and red white and blue but he never had a gusty spence, or shankill butchers mug or plate on his wall.
Who was thst mate? Must have been after my time. We had old Jimmy Arnold, a bankie through and through

Northhiglander

Another look how bad they are thread. Agree that teacher should never teach again. But apart from going oh how awful we will do nothing to change anything.

Look on one of their forums I would imagine that you will find threads attackin Protestants in a similar vein.

Sad thing here is there are still far too many on both sides that like things the way they are.

Until someone says sectarian behaviour is wrong full stop it will never change. Just glad my kids were never exposed to crap like that.

Rev George Walker

• so papes can teach in papes schools and non denom.
  • Non RCs can work in non denom though can only get a job in RC school if they have letter from rc church saying they are good enough to teach papes.
  • papes can go to University of Glasgow and Strathclyde for teaching primary school kids.
  • yet Non denom are told when applying to Glasgow this declaring themselves as RC will stand better chance ad they teach Catholic ethos. So papes takes places at Strathclyde and this lowers rates for non denom getting a place in Strathclyde or Glasgow.
  • As graduate of Glasgow Uni, I was allowed to do any other degree from medicine to aviation engineering you name it...apart from primary school teaching, could do my 1 year secondary teaching (which I was accepted too) but even though after uni I worked in my mum's primary school I couldn't learn primary at Glasgow.
Though Roman Catholics are persecuted in the West of Scotland.....just not in Schooling/Councils/Politics/Trade Unions and head of Scottish football.

Oh ps, when he's getting investigated, let's move to non denom school, likewise when expelling a pale he gets sent to a non denom.
Nail on head, they get uber privileged treatment in terms of schooling. Tax payer funded selective schools which only they can go to (even tho we all pay for) which out perform non-denom schools - but if there should be an RC school and a non-denom close by, the RC's can simply choose to go to either. 95% of us reading this dont have the privilege of such a choice.

At RC schools (publicly funded bodies) they can legally discriminate in terms of employment. They can exclude non-RCs. But of course, RC teachers can go to non-denoms as they please.

In GCC, there hasnt been one Bluenose in one of the top 3 roles for over 40 years, LP, leader, deputy leader. They either dominate totally or have grossly disproportionate influence in terms of politics, law, media, Police and trade unions (to name but a few areas). Yet they hold "Stop Discrimination" events.

Of course, easy to shout that Timmy is delusional but he's far from it. His PR is spot on - whilst Timmy solidifies his control he holds anti-discrimination rallies. It is classic, "deny, through up a smoke screen, play victim" policy which has served them well for generations. They stick with it coz, why change a winning formula.

Kanye West

Administrator
Staff member
Official Ticketer
I like to post the odd picture or two. But 90% of yours are just random guff. Contribute to a thread seriously for once, try debate for a change eh? You might be good at it, or maybe not. ;)

Please don’t tell people how to post George.

It’s quite clear his picture refers to the teacher in your story.

A decent image post is no different to cut and pasting text from a newspapers website. We are all here to debate and chat however we like as long as you behave and stick to the rules.

Thanks!

Rev George Walker

Another look how bad they are thread. Agree that teacher should never teach again. But apart from going oh how awful we will do nothing to change anything.

Look on one of their forums I would imagine that you will find threads attackin Protestants in a similar vein.

Sad thing here is there are still far too many on both sides that like things the way they are.

Until someone says sectarian behaviour is wrong full stop it will never change. Just glad my kids were never exposed to crap like that.
Not having a go but I dont know of a single Bluenose that is happy with the current status, of any aspect of life in Scotland. And you are right, that leads to the obvious question of, what are they prepared to do about it.

In most cases nothing, apathy has led us to this point, but I sense that is changing. You can only eat so much shit before you're sick of it. And the rise of social media has helped us enormously, when the national mainstream media is so opposed to our stance, we needed an alternative outlet. This is already showing greenshoot results, the outing of the current GCC leadership over the fanzone is IMO attributable principally to social media (and a few determined Bears).

Sons of the Gers

Who was thst mate? Must have been after my time. We had old Jimmy Arnold, a bankie through and through
Mr Galletly he was in the room next door to jimmy Arnold. I think he was from the west end but I'm not sure.

I also failed to mention in my post he also had a picture of her majesty above the door inside his room.

I attended 92-98 my brothers were 10 years before me and both had Arnold as a teacher I only had him briefly in first and second year.

George Goudie

Official Ticketer
Still nothing in the newspapers regarding this.

Why would that be? It surely could 'pad out' a couple of columns? It was widely reported last year, and now that the findings have been published I do find it strange that not one newspaper is updating their readers on the outcome.

You'd think that there would be interest in this story and investigative journalists crawling all over it asking things like....

Is he still teaching at a non denominational school or is he back at the production line?

How do parents feel about this?

Cooper_11

Official Ticketer
No. Reinstated. Immediately. No further reporting on the matter.

Scotland's become a shameful horrible scum ridden Republic.

They poison every well.
Every facet of life that they have become entrenched in has become toxic, due to everything they do being for the good of ‘the cult’ and not for the organisation they belong to. Be it local politics, the police, education or the prosecution service.
They are a blight on our nation who have worked their way into so many prominent places. We have a real job on our hands displacing them now, as they have become emboldened with the power they now hold. Scotland in 2019 is a place run by the minority for the minority. It’s sickening that they have such a stranglehold on our country. And I don’t think I’m being over-dramatic.

Last edited:

George Goudie

Official Ticketer
I know this thread is a massive bump but did the female really get reinstated immediately?
Seems it relevantly reflects on today's game, they deny they sing Sectarian songs. They then accuse those of pointing out the massive elephant in the room to them in a statement from the club....

.... but what about us victims being called peadophiles?

They actually are trying to use this as defence.

The moral gymnastics are staggering.

It was a male teacher and after a couple of years of making up excuses walked completely free. Pension in tact. Contractually secure. Not even disciplined or given counseling.

The point is.... It's totally normalised now, 60k break the law just the same every week - yet they are now victims because big bad football fans call them 'paedos'.

Selectarianismaboutery?

Govanx

I’m sure we’ll find the case dismissed as evidence was “lost” therefore the papes in charge were unable to proceed.