85,000 at the Nou Camp for 1/4 of Women's Champions League

I’d go to a womens game at Ibrox. I won’t pretend I’m hugely into it, but have bought some of the RTV games, and, like the B team, I enjoy watching the club in all forms. As a sport, it’ll need to stand on its own feet at some point, but seems to be heading in the right direction.

Fair play to them. Even if a lot of tickets were free that's still some crowd to pull.

Didn't used to be my bag, but my wee niece is 8 and absolutely adores the Rangers women's team, wants to play for them, wants a top every year, the lot. It's now transitioning into a passion for the men's team and even if it wasn’t that's still another bearette hooked for life. Just seeing that sort of passion has me looking out for the results all the time and convinced me that no matter what I think of the quality of the play itself, it's definitely important that Rangers embrace and promote the women's game.

Yet you comment on a woman’s football thread?

Regardless if tickets are free, it’s still some achievement.

Every fan who has a daughter would know doubt take them along to Ibrox to see the ladies team, some fantastic role models in our squad.
Its a football forum mate, all about opinions is it not? i read the thread then gave mine.
It may be different from yours but that: is what it is all about.

I bet the money from it is still more than what the mens game gets here. No matter what game it is. That’s some crowd. Free/cheap tickets or not.

I got tickets in the ballot for the final of the Women’s Football in the Commonwealth Games in 2014. Couldn’t give them away. Someone would probably take them these days right enough.

That's enough for me, I'm tuning in to the Solomon Islands v New Zealand.
Mon the Kiwis.

That’s a great crowd, freebies or not it’s still terrific. Teams here like Motherwell regularly give free tickets for mens games and they can’t even half fill their ground. Hopefully it raises the profile of the womens game. My daughter plays football and I’m just so happy to see her enjoying it and getting the opportunity.

There does seem to be a decent appetite to attend/watch women's football as their crowds are very good.

Personally I've no idea why. The standard isnt even that of decent amateur men's football and 85,000 aren't going to watch that B-)

Nothing wrong with womens football. If you go into watching a game expecting the standard to be on par with mens football that is on you and nobody else.

Depends what you're after I suppose.

I can't imagine 90,000 people going to watch a Sunday morning amateur team yet the standard of that is still higher than women's football.

Depends what you're after I suppose.

I can't imagine 90,000 people going to watch a Sunday morning amateur team yet the standard of that is still higher than women's football.
Equally I can’t imagine a Sunday morning amateur team playing in the Nou Camp

It had been planned for months as a PR stunt to break attendance record

After the free tickets incentive was exhausted, they went on sale for 8 euros :rolleyes: That didn't work.

So until kick-off last night ticket 'touts' were handing them out for %^*& all

It had been planned for months as a PR stunt to break attendance record

After the free tickets incentive was exhausted, they went on sale for 8 euros :rolleyes: That didn't work.

So until kick-off last night ticket 'touts' were handing them out for %^*& all

As hard as they try, no-one really cares about womans football and it will always be a fringe thing. They (Sky, UEFA, Clubs) are putting a lot of time, effort and money into it to eventually make cash, I just can't see it.

I'm sick of all the female punditry as well, for equalities sake, I'd love to see a couple of experienced men doing punditry for a top level woman's game but with the complete honesty and the sarcasm, digs etc. they have in the mens game.

Ron Burgundy Loyal.

What harm would it do allowing the woman’s team to play a game at Ibrox ? I can’t see the issue. If you had a daughter who wanted to play football would it still not make you feel proud that she got to play at Ibrox? It would for me. I say we support all forms of our club.

On a seperate note I think the woman’s euro games down south sold out (not free tickets) within a few hours. It’s changed days. Lots more young girls and woman enjoy the sport.

As hard as they try, no-one really cares about womans football and it will always be a fringe thing. They (Sky, UEFA, Clubs) are putting a lot of time, effort and money into it to eventually make cash, I just can't see it.

I'm sick of all the female punditry as well, for equalities sake, I'd love to see a couple of experienced men doing punditry for a top level woman's game but with the complete honesty and the sarcasm, digs etc. they have in the mens game.

Ron Burgundy Loyal.
Shelly Kerr is decent. I think she understands the game. To be fair there are a good few men pundits that are bloody awful. Craigan to mention one ..

I wish the Rangers ladies well but I wouldn't have them playing at Ibrox we need a decent pitch to play on all season. I doubt that even at a modest price( The cost of Junior football) we would get a decent crowd to watch Rangers ladies playing at Ibrox.

I wish the Rangers ladies well but I wouldn't have them playing at Ibrox we need a decent pitch to play on all season. I doubt that even at a modest price( The cost of Junior football) we would get a decent crowd to watch Rangers ladies playing at Ibrox.
Don’t be ridiculous. Letting them play one or two games a season at Ibrox would do no harm at all. Were you annoyed when the B team played there recently?

They’d draw a decent enough crowd on weekends like that past one when it was nothing but international friendlies, I would certainly watch them.

Don’t be ridiculous. Letting them play one or two games a season at Ibrox would do no harm at all. Were you annoyed when the B team played there recently?

They’d draw a decent enough crowd on weekends like that past one when it was nothing but international friendlies, I would certainly watch them.
The B team could be our future first team players so wouldn't have a problem playing a few games at Ibrox buts it's only for one season in this league anyway.
I wouldn't play to watch women's football the games I have watched have been poor and the crowd would be pretty low unless season ticket holders got in free. The other point is the pitch the last few season hasn't been great with all the first team games on it with the extended European runs.

For those asking, I'll back pedal a bit and agree that the odd game at Ibrox wouldn't do any harm.
I'd prefer if they used their own stadium though, and would hate to see it eventually become the expectation that it's their home stadium that they have equal rights to.

Back