A change of manager doesn't guarantee sucess

Whatever happens next season?You suggesting he keeps his job if we're in same situation this time next year?That won't happen.He'll be the only Rangers manager given the leeway of going 2 IAR with nothing in modern times he won't get a 3rd.
Are you saying Steven Gerrard won`t be there next season if he doesn`t anything this season ? the only reason SG won`t be there next season is if he chooses not to be there

I would like him to stay but that interview after the St Johnstone game opened up the possibility in my mind that he might leave come the summer, especially if things continued as they have ben doing; I hope I'm wrong though. This has to be one of the most demanding roles in football, it quite probably demands everything anyone has to offer; I support him, but that would be irrelevant at any time where he ever to decide that he's had enough. I hope he stays, and I hope he gets the backing to stay. Sacking him doesn't guarantee anything; backing him still gives us possibilities in the longer term of achieving the success this club demands.

We’ve got to bear in mind that the mentally challengeds built a team over 4 years with no challenge.

They chopped and changed, bought garbage and moved them on

They built a war chest due to European football.

They now have 3 players for each position with an annual wage bill of £60m.

They are in control of the Scottish press who bums up their players but continually criticise our players and devalue them

That my friends is what we are up against

It would be stupid to get another manager and start from scrtach again, mainly because Gerrard is on the right tracks, it maybe taking a bit longer to get to where we want to be but that's how it is at the moment.
Also if Gerrard goes he'll take the whole backroom team with him, and all the players who signed because of him will probably no be too happy.
And all this, he's got to win a trophy to stay in the job, I don't agree with that in the sense that I don't give a monkeys about the domestic cups the only trophy that I want is the title.
And since that looks unlikely to happen this season, I choose to look at the bigger picture,which is we have improved as a footballing side since Gerrard arrived and also what he has done in europe is pretty amazing cosidering the money we spent compared to the teams in our group.
So to me Gerrard still has my 100% backing and should be given more time. I mean how long did it take Klopp to get Liverpool to where they are today? I know the circumstances are obviously different and Klopp is a better manager, but still he was given the time because the powers that be at Liverpool saw what Klopp was doing just as our board sees what Gerrard is doing, all he needs is more time and I'm willing to give him that as I think he's earned it.

presuming he doesnt win the scottish cup, he still deserves another season. the amount of points the refs have cost us this season, coupled with how far we've came since he came in. he deserves another season and to be allowed to clear out of the squad the players who are not game for it.

I'm all for Gerrard and what he has done and where he is going with us. All these change the manager threads and posts do nothing but bring the moral of the support down and they are embarrassing. You support the team through thickand thin. The good times and the bad times. These times ain't even that bad compared to some of the pish we've put up with. Yet the drama whores are out in force greeting to get Gerrard the boot and want a new manager.

First that costs a lot of money, second the new manager would want a chance to build a team (at least 3 transfer windows). Thirdly it still doesn't guarantee any success and we could be back here mumping and moaning in 2 seasons time wanting change again.

Gerrard has done a fantastic job so far. The money he has brought in from the European success has us further ahead than we could have been and you can clearly see progression. It might not be as fast as some would like but I think as soon as we got back to the premier league a lot of fans jumped back on board and wanted instant success like before.

I fully back Gerrard and I'm not for a manager merry go round every couple of seasons hoping one of them strikes it lucky. Let's just get behind the team and support them and stop all the greeting.

Well said mate.

W.A.T.P.

anyone who says we need to sack SG and get a new manger, at this time, doesn't have the interests of the club at heart.

We have improved vastly each year, we were unlucky not to win the SLCF due to refereeing decisions. We have VASTLY outstripped any European expectations 2 years in a row.

Starting again is not the answer, and getting in now with daft opinions is A) Knee Jerk or B) Wanting to say 'i told you so' or C) a 'concern troll'
Just retweeting this for everyone. Don’t listen to the doubters.

Back