A defining moment for 55

insanicdrunk

Had this went in we would not be champions right now. It would still have come, just not as quick.

A season is full of moments, whats yours.

0_Rangers-v-Celtic-Scottish-Premiership-Ibrox-Stadium.jpg

Less a moment for me, more the month of Jan where we kept getting results and put to bed fears over a post Christmas collapse.
I'm with you. 3rd year in a row going into the year on a high but so worried, then that game against Aberdeen sealed it. We were here for the win.

I think the January game was the defining moment. That was their cup final and it showed.

Losing that game was the final nail in any idea they had of pulling it back.

Cedric Itten to make it 2-1 v Motherwell at Ibrox.

Was the moment I started to believe.

You know what...I think you're right.

On the back of the St Mirren defeat, that goal was pivitol....tonight isnt the night for recriminations but the Match thread was probably at its most toxic for most of that Motherwell game than it has been all season.

I'll hold my hands up....for a long of that game, i thought "Is the nightmare going to re-occur?"

More fool me for even doubting this team for a second.

Once we'd got over that Motherwell game, it was plain sailing.

The Motherwell match, the actual comeback was tremendous.
3 days prior we had lost so can just imagine the biased media with there headlines.

Before opening the thread I was going to say McGregors save as well - if that goes in it would have given them a lot of hope.

A fantastic team effort this year to win it from everyone involved within our club #55 WATP.

On the back of the St Mirren defeat, that goal was pivitol....tonight isnt the night for recriminations but the Match thread was probably at its most toxic for most of that Motherwell game than it has been all season.

I'll hold my hands up....for a long of that game, i thought "Is the nightmare going to re-occur?"

I'm not going to lie mate, I was exactly the same. For the first half especially I thought "here we go again" when we looked to be struggling against a packed defence. I thought it was going to be 19/20 all over again.

But the players kept calm, and pushed, and pushed, as they have done all season and I've never been more delighted to be wrong.

The two OF games are obviously big ones, but for me that Motherwell game was where I really started to believe.

Had this went in we would not be champions right now. It would still have come, just not as quick.

A season is full of moments, whats yours.

0_Rangers-v-Celtic-Scottish-Premiership-Ibrox-Stadium.jpg
Is that from the game that was rewritten to them pummelling us for 90 mins?

I would say the 2-0 at the piggery. As easy a win there as I can ever remember

After the cup defeat Twitter was full of it being the start of the collapse. The character shown going behind and breaking down the block was when I knew this team was a different breed from before.

I'm not going to lie mate, I was exactly the same. For the first half especially I thought "here we go again" when we looked to be struggling against a packed defence. I thought it was going to be 19/20 all over again.

But the players kept calm, and pushed, and pushed, as they have done all season and I've never been more delighted to be wrong.

The two OF games are obviously big ones, but for me that Motherwell game was where I really started to believe.

100% mate.

I don't really like these old threads appearing of "shaming" when ever anyone expressed doubts.

From, where we've been, it's natural people would feel angst until we got over the line. We've had so many false dawns. My neigbours here in Yorkshire will be looking at my house right now and seeing Rangers flags flying from the windows...the last time I treated them to that sight was when we beat the mentally challengeds in the cup semi final in 2016. Talk about getting burnt by a false dawn.

Today closes a chapter in the history of our great football club. The pain of the last decade can be washed away. We move into the next epoch in a 149 year epic.

Whatever anyone says about tainted mentally challenged titles etc....the prosect of what they might do this season was a monkey on our backs. Now it has been lifted and we're not going to have to worry about them rubbing such an achievement in our noses ever again.

Generations of Rangers fans to come are going to read about us, The People of 2012-21 and be breathtaken our resilience and desire to restore the club from collapse to greatness.

Alfie rag-dolling Britton. Once the subsequent red card was dished out, they knew we had them, we knew we had them

There's been so many moments this season that have contributed. If I had to pick one it would be the scum game in January.
Beating them at Ibrox meant there was no way back. Had we lost the gap would've been 4 points and the title race still pretty open (I still believe we would have prevailed obviously, though not as quick). The good guys prevailed though, that was the day that destroyed them.

Latest posts

Back