A Dutch revolution on the horizon?

We should now have money buy players the quality of Veerman and Skov Olsen. Of course not every player we bring can be and shouldn't costs over 5m but a sprinkling of those would be fantastic.

An exciting Summer ahead.

I wonder if Gio will turn to the Dutch league to import some quality for next season, as has been said we can see a lot of outgoings and there is a hell of a lot of talent in that division. Exciting times ahead.
He might, but I also wouldn’t be surprised to see him see what’s around the fringes at Barcelona also and the Far East market after working there.

The Tims will be showing from the city group again, especially now that Lawwell Jr has jumped from City to the Nonces

Gio has gotten a tune from some players we'd all sort of given up on. He himself was versatile, the Dutch way is to understand your footballing weakness (Bergkamp told the story of how at Ajax he had to play a season at full back to understand how he needed to adapt as a forward). Gerrard brought EPL fitness levels, Gio will bring that real technical guile to us. I'm excited about next season.

It’s going to be a busy in and out over the summer. Gio will stamp his authority on this squad and hopefully he gets the players in that he asks for.

Couldn’t convince Doekhi to come. I worry about the rebuild we have to come

8-EBE0-DBA-495-A-4-E7-A-80-D7-CF41-ED4-DC5-C3.gif

How is it? Have you rated them? I'm not placing the blame right at Gio's door but I hope when he gets bodies in during the summer they are a step up from those players and what they have contributed.
Sands has had neither a run or chance at his position and he's done nothing bad in his few appearances. The Polish lad has been injured as we've learned this week and neither Amad or Ramsey were for the long haul. I'm being polite saying its unfair.

A mix of Dutch/Belgian/British recruitment will do me although we shouldn't limit ourselves these are the markets that's the scouting and coaching team know best a few top Dutch/Belgian prospects and a few marquee signings I'm hoping for
A new Numan, Buffel or Butcher will be very welcome :)

Do we even know if Gio wanted him? He was Gerrards target initially.
Looked every bit of a board target going by the criteria. If he was a board target it doesn’t bode well for getting players in seeing as he went elsewhere, but honestly from where we are to where we were is night and day I have faith. Gio will get a good pre season and hopefully a good summer window! The re build begins tommorow!

As long as we don't go overboard with too many Dutch squad members, wouldn't want anything to risk our squad togetherness, which is probably our biggest strength.

How much influence will he have on transfer targets? I got the feeling that the January signings were all on Wilson.
Gio is defo a big name in football and I’m sure he will have a lot of influence on big players.. well I hope

Dave Vos will have something up his sleeve for sure.

Head of Ajax academy for 10 years he will know some who didn’t quite make it or fufil their potential.

I wonder if Gio will turn to the Dutch league to import some quality for next season, as has been said we can see a lot of outgoings and there is a hell of a lot of talent in that division. Exciting times ahead.
Thought that in January.
Pisshole of a transfer window cost us the league and Europa

We need a new strike force badly.

Roofe and Morelos (yes I know) and Itten need to go. I include Morelos as he is always travelling half way across the world to be the most expensive seated supported Columbia has had. He missed Malmo running round a car park, Celtic games and came back with an injury missing out on Europa games. Roofe is constantly injured and Itten is the new Visit Scotland rep

We need a new strike force badly.

Roofe and Morelos (yes I know) and Itten need to go. I include Morelos as he is always travelling half way across the world to be the most expensive seated supported Columbia has had. He missed Malmo running round a car park, Celtic games and came back with an injury missing out on Europa games. Roofe is constantly injured and Itten is the new Visit Scotland rep
What a load of pish.
I some times wonder about our fans.

I hope not, didn’t work out for Advocaat second season
Third season it turned to mush, but I do get your point and was about to make the very same.

What's the Latin. 'Caveat Emptor'? Buyer beware. Eight million spunked on Bertie and Ricksen was the beginning of the end of that particular revolution. Add in 12 mill for TAF a few months later and down the snakes we went a'hurtlin.

What a load of pish.
I some times wonder about our fans.
The poster might not have worded it to your liking but what did he say that was all that far off the mark?

First off, I love Alfie and it is fair to say if we had a fit Alfie we might have won in Seville. Also, the poster can't be the only Rangers fan thoroughly pissed off that he's whisked half way around the world with no thought given to us just to warm the subs' bench for his country.

However Roofe IS injury prone and Itten will never get the gig at Ibrox.

Back