A good result after the turmoil of Thursday

Well we actually won, Morelos scored against the tramps, takes him to a total of 55 goals and we are still twenty points clear and unbeaten in the league, plus some of our players were feeling the after affects of the Thursday game with the Kamara incident, and all they got was a point.:shh:

We played midweek they didn't and all the racist shit must have taken its toll on our players so to play ok and not lose is a decent result.

Keeps us unbeaten and good to see Wright doing well and Alfie scoring against the filth at last.

Champions 55

Exactly mate, 55 and an unbeaten season would be simply magnificent.

Very dodgy spell in the first half but overall a tactical lesson worthy of an away tie in Europe.

I feel Alfie’s booking was the only thing that stopped us winning it late-on as it decided the change.

Home advantage, against a tired and emotional Rangers who were already champions with 4 rabid officials.

I felt that from 75-80 minutes, if there was going to be a winner then it would only be us.

They had Brown on for most of the game and finished up with Rogic, Griffiths and Forrest on the pitch like it was 2017.

We also proved that if we had needed to go there today for a point to clinch the title, we would have got it.

Yup. Decent result, even if the performance was sub par. Miles from our best and on their patch, with them desperate to halt our own unbeaten run and we were still comfortable enough for the most part.

I agree. The incident with Kamara on Thursday really spoiled the whole build up to this game. Happy enough to just walk away with the draw.

Would like to see us come back from the break ready to put on a show and willing to push for the Scottish Cup.

Today just seemed so unimportant after Thursday.

We usually dominate them in midfield, but today was the poorest our midfield has played against them since Gerrard arrived. No doubt good reasons for that. Kamara's head has been elsewhere, Davis at 36 has been playing 3 times a week, Arfield not back sharp yet from his injury, Aribo inconsistent at the best of times, Jack missing.
But midfield sets the tone and the way ours played today, the result is absolutely acceptable.

We usually dominate them in midfield, but today was the poorest our midfield has played against them since Gerrard arrived. No doubt good reasons for that. Kamara's head has been elsewhere, Davis at 36 has been playing 3 times a week, Arfield not back sharp yet from his injury, Aribo inconsistent at the best if times, Jack missing.
But midfield sets the tone and the way ours played today, the result is absolutely acceptable.

And will likely be a position that’s upgraded in the summer.

Very dodgy spell in the first half but overall a tactical lesson worthy of an away tie in Europe.

I feel Alfie’s booking was the only thing that stopped us winning it late-on as it decided the change.

Home advantage, against a tired and emotional Rangers who were already champions with 4 rabid officials.

I felt that from 75-80 minutes, if there was going to be a winner then it would only be us.

They had Brown on for most of the game and finished up with Rogic, Griffiths and Forrest on the pitch like it was 2017.
To be fair to Collum, he was given the chance to give Celtic a penalty and did the right thing. Clancy would have pointed to the spot.

Let's be honest after playing a Europa League last 16 tie on Thursday and even finishing that game with 9 men. We have come into this game and still not lost that tells me just how much we are a better team than this shower of shit.. They had a free hit there and still where not good enough to take it against a side who should be mentally and physically drained.

To be fair to Collum, he was given the chance to give Celtic a penalty and did the right thing. Clancy would have pointed to the spot.
I agree.

But that was a hand-picked set of officials designed to give them an extra edge.

No the two European games.

Do you think we were exceptional before St Mirren two weeks ago, and not afterwards?

Our performances havent suddenly dipped. From where we were in the first few months, barring a few exceptions, we've rarely played aswell as we did August-December. But thats fine...once a team has a champion mentality, it doesn't matter. We have that now.

For what its worth...I think you're reading too much into things. Looking for reasons to either torture yourself or just moan. Prague away we were slow in the first half, much much better in the 2nd. A recurring theme both in Europe and domestically all season.

At home to Prague, yes it was a big disapointment, but I'm struggling to see any linkage between that and this post League winning drop off you're alluding to. Are you sure we'd have progressed v Prague if Celtic had beaten Dundee Utd and the League wasn't yet clinched? Bit of a stretch.

Just log off and take a walk, and reflect on the position we're in. Then you'll probably accept you're making unfounded criticisms.

We were poor all round. We looked tired. Our captain wasn't playing. Thursday happened.
They had a fortnight to prepare.we were in their shit pit. And they couldn't beat us. And they're happy with that.
The people rest, your honour.

Do you think we were exceptional before St Mirren two weeks ago, and not afterwards?

Our performances havent suddenly dipped. From where we were in the first few months, barring a few exceptions, we've rarely played aswell as we did August-December. But thats fine...once a team has a champion mentality, it doesn't matter. We have that now.

For what its worth...I think you're reading too much into things. Looking for reasons to either torture yourself or just moan. Prague away we were slow in the first half, much much better in the 2nd. A recurring theme both in Europe and domestically all season.

At home to Prague, yes it was a big disapointment, but I'm struggling to see any linkage between that and this post League winning drop off you're alluding to. Are you sure we'd have progressed v Prague if Celtic had beaten Dundee Utd and the League wasn't yet clinched? Bit of a stretch.

Just log off and take a walk, and reflect on the position we're in. Then you'll probably accept you're making unfounded criticisms.
I'll be honest with you im still gutted at going out of Europe. We were poor in Prague but got away with the draw. It was there to win at Ibrox and in my opinion we were a let down. That team were good but so are Rangers, the tie was winnable and ive still got a hangover from it.
Today we were poor but got away with the draw. Its my opinion things have dipped since the league win, obviously yourself and others disagree.

I'm happy. The last 2 weeks have been an emotional rollercoaster for a group of players who have never experienced anything like this. They will become better men and football players as a result. We will be even better next season.

I'll be honest with you im still gutted at going out of Europe. We were poor in Prague but got away with the draw. It was there to win at Ibrox and in my opinion we were a let down. That team were good but so are Rangers, the tie was winnable and ive still got a hangover from it.
Today we were poor but got away with the draw. Its my opinion things have dipped since the league win, obviously yourself and others disagree.

I guess "poor" is relative then. All 3 of the Old Firm games have produced varying performances from Rangers with all positive results. Today we were more dangerous than our home game v Celtic in January. We looked more like scoring more goals today than we did then.

So I'm not sure where you see this epic drop off. Celtic are always going to be a threat in games versus Rangers. They'll cause us problems in most games. And vice versa. I think some people looked at our performance at Parkhead in October and suddenly thought that was normal, par for the course.

But like me, I'm sure you've watched Rangers long enough to know that most games at Torbett Towers, we'll have to face pressure and a few hair raising moments.

All good, title winning Rangers teams go to Parkhead and feel games under the kosch. What makes them title winning teams is that they come out with positive results usually. And oh look, we did again today.

Had that been the point to clinch the title today I'm sure you'd be creaming yourself, but like you say, you're clearly not over Thursday's disapointment, which is too bad for you. It was an opportunity lost, against a team that in hindsight was probably about the same level or slightly above. But its gone, you'll have to take it on the chin. Playing in Scotland, there's a glass ceiling in Europe and more often than not, its around this stage that we'll hit it.

The result was good but the worrying truth is we have not been the same team since the League was won against St Mirren.

Form fluctuates.

When you look at the season as a whole, there is no worrying truth.

20 points clear and undefeated at the end of March.

We get a bit of a break now, regroup and go for the Scottish Cup.

There is a Scottish Cup to be won and im referring to the drop in performances since St Mirren.
Your a wisecrack ain't you.
Take a wee 10 minute breather, think about what you are doing, then come back, or not.

If EVERYONE is telling you that you are wrong, it is sometimes sensible to look at why that might be, instead of trying to fight everyone.

The result was good but the worrying truth is we have not been the same team since the League was won against St Mirren.

Away and have a beer mate and reflect on just what we have achieved this season and enjoy it, if your sitting here worried today your supporting the wrong team.

I absolutely agree with you. It does feel like the team aren't as focussed as they were...which is understandable. Winning the league was the priority this season and we've done it. Perhaps we've been victims of our own success but the European games may have been different if we hadn't already wrapped up the league. That said, f*ck it, we've got the title...I'd settle for that every season. :))

Back