A Little Reminder For Spiers

"The sheer idiocy of it"

There was loads of them in the media absolutely beelin' that we were able to attract one of the biggest names in world football. Of course it was a gamble, but bringing in a man of Gerrard's stature was worth it rather than some old journeyman.

Will be delicious if we're able to shove some of these quotes down throats!

He is truly the epitome of a wanker.

tumblr_mq6luctKP21qbo81go1_250.gif

He’ll either come back with some of pathetic comeback which makes no sense whatsoever or he’ll do a timamouse and pretend everything he said that was wrong didn’t happen and then carry on saying things that are proved wrong.

One thing for sure is that with someone so arrogant as Speirs it would be a major turnaround for him to come out and admit he was wrong. I predict the next time we will hear from him is when Gerrard gets his first bad result whenever that may be.

Why do we ,as a forum, need to know anything about this wank stain.
He has the square root of f*ck all to do with us and, in fact, became an irrelevance long long ago.
I know we all democrats and believe in free speech, but we can do without this dick in any way, shape or form.
F*uck Speirs.

Speirs knows fúck all about football, he slags Rangers at every opportunity and is nowhere to be seen when the beasts show themselves up. He talks pish.

If this turns out to be a successful season for us this should be posted on his twitter timeline every time he writes something.

Just looked at his timeline, god he's a Septic apologist and lickspittle, with a dig at Gerrard after the Aberdeen game.

As much as I hate Britney and love seeing him look like a prick, we have achieved nothing this season yet and still have alot to prove. I wish some of our fans would reign it in a bit with the gloating.
You must be fun at a party.

We've had 6 years of being battered from piller to post by all and sundry. 6 fvcking years of it!

Let's enjoy their misfortune,you of course can sit in your bunker worrying about what the big boys will do in retaliation.

If Spiers says it's a bad idea, put your mortgage on it. The closest to free money you'll ever get

You must be fun at a party.

We've had 6 years of being battered from piller to post by all and sundry. 6 fvcking years of it!

Let's enjoy their misfortune,you of course can sit in your bunker worrying about what the big boys will do in retaliation.

I'll enjoy it when we have the proper bragging rights at the end of the season ;)

As much as I hate Britney and love seeing him look like a prick, we have achieved nothing this season yet and still have alot to prove. I wish some of our fans would reign it in a bit with the gloating.

If it hurts them , it’s good for us now geez piece mate. The highlight of their season is gone . So I will rejoice in that . I have a mixed what’s app chat with my mates grew up with they ejected me from the chat after first goal such was my constant slagging of them yesterday . Absolutely buzzing after these last 6/7 years .

If it hurts them , it’s good for us now geez piece mate. The highlight of their season is gone . So I will rejoice in that . I have a mixed what’s app chat with my mates grew up with they ejected me from the chat after first goal such was my constant slagging of them yesterday . Absolutely buzzing after these last 6/7 years .

Each to their own mate but I won't get carried away until its us that is turning them over. That should be soon enough though.

I keep getting flash backs to the first fairway in my best medal of the year and the guy called John Paul somethingorother was less than 2 shots into his round and wanted to talk rangers and Gerrard. More importantly how daft a move it was and how he would walk in August when King didn’t back him as he had no money. Oh and Rodgers and him were best mates and Rodgers would go easy on him.

Utter clown! :D

In all honesty Spiers should have slinked off after his idiotic performance in front of the Football Act committee, or his not being at games he was being paid to write about, or his slandering of the dead. He is a clownish, inept, dishonest and irrelevant figure. The only thing keeping him going is his pandering to them by trying to antagonize us, so just walk away.

This forum is being split into two factions -

The Gloaters and the Non-Gloaters.

Why do we ,as a forum, need to know anything about this wank stain.
He has the square root of f*ck all to do with us and, in fact, became an irrelevance long long ago.
I know we all democrats and believe in free speech, but we can do without this dick in any way, shape or form.
F*uck Speirs.
I wholeheartedly endorse this post.

The guys a cretin - we should stop giving him time on this board as he probably looks in!

Genuine question - was he ever a serious journalist?

Only in his own mind.

The real tragedy of Spiers is that even he appears to have finally accepted his lot, namely that all he is, and all he’s ever really been and indeed will be, is a third rate football writer within a dying industry in a parochial backwater on the edge of western Europe.

All those dusty corduroy dreams, all those wistful days lying on the banks of the Clyde, or maybe the Seine, working on his Pulitzer acceptance speech, his name in lights, intellectual hob-nobbing, dinners and lunches, five star hotels, first class air travel, hushed reverential tones when he walks into a room - it all lay before him at one point.

But now, well, it’s come to this - reduced to that of a paid troll, baiting Scottish football fans just to keep the lights on, dancing for his supper among the hacks and the plebs.

So spare a thought for him, gents - those elbow patches don’t mend themselves.

Seriously though - was there a time when Spiers was a respected mind on football who provided in depth analysis of the sport or has he always just been a Katie Hopkins-esque attention seeking trolling loser?
I dont think so.

From what i remember (im 38) he came onto the scene at the same time geraldo mcpish was slabbering for scotsport and was kissing anyones arse whod listen and ended up gazza bashing with that bloated old bag of shite.

Which reminds me, mr mcpish can be long for this realm and i do remember several contributors before and after the web page and in number 1 saying theyd dance on that bastards grave.

Dont let us down

Less than 4 months ago.. :)

Graham Spiers@GrahamSpiers

I was at Celtic Park today. This guy is ruthless and all-conquering in Scotland. Rangers plan to put an untested under 18s coach up against him next season. The sheer idiocy of it. It is staggering.

10:20 PM - Apr 29, 2018

He's a colossal tit and hates Rangers for sure, but these kind of tweets are part of a social media tactic to people to click on whatever pish article they article they rwrite. @David Edgar touched on it in a Heart and Hand podcast, I can't remember what it's called but when people are annoyed by an article they are more likely to click the link.

Any appointment at any club whether it’s gerrard or guardiola is a gamble. Sometimes you can’t legislate for a turn of events that may or not happen.

Same goes for making a signing, player could break his leg the next day.

The mans an attention seeker who’s obviously never supported rangers.

He's a colossal tit and hates Rangers for sure, but these kind of tweets are part of a social media tactic to people to click on whatever pish article they article they rwrite. @David Edgar touched on it in a Heart and Hand podcast, I can't remember what it's called but when people are annoyed by an article they are more likely to click the link.

It's called a hateclick.

I am all for a bit of schadenfreude, especially where that sewer dweller is concerned but think I will save it for a while yet.

Things look promising but end of season is when the big prizes are given out.

Will just enjoy a quiet gloat at the C.L demise of the mhanky mhob for now.

Spiers can wait.

Last edited:
He’ll either come back with some of pathetic comeback which makes no sense whatsoever or he’ll do a timamouse and pretend everything he said that was wrong didn’t happen and then carry on saying things that are proved wrong.

One thing for sure is that with someone so arrogant as Speirs it would be a major turnaround for him to come out and admit he was wrong. I predict the next time we will hear from him is when Gerrard gets his first bad result whenever that may be.

Or to just "come out".

I mentioned this on another thread so apologies for duplication.

I had the misfortune to sit behind the poisonous loser yesterday morning on the train from Queen St to Waverley. His BO was absolutely f**kin' horrendous.

Everything about him is so affected. He had a sheet of what looked like diy poetry and a Fringe programme on the table in front of him trying to look self-important. And to top it off, he was reading Poverty Safari by Loki, the new fangled oracle on the largest, most conspicuous iPad totally unsuited to being an e-reader.

When I was younger I'd have dreamt of producing some piano wire but to be honest, these days, I wouldn't even take the trouble to relieve myself on him if he was on fire.

Odious and Odorous Creep indeed.

Last edited:
Only in his own mind.

The real tragedy of Spiers is that even he appears to have finally accepted his lot, namely that all he is, and all he’s ever really been and indeed will be, is a third rate football writer within a dying industry in a parochial backwater on the edge of western Europe.

All those dusty corduroy dreams, all those wistful days lying on the banks of the Clyde, or maybe the Seine, working on his Pulitzer acceptance speech, his name in lights, intellectual hob-nobbing, dinners and lunches, five star hotels, first class air travel, hushed reverential tones when he walks into a room - it all lay before him at one point.

But now, well, it’s come to this - reduced to that of a paid troll, baiting Scottish football fans just to keep the lights on, dancing for his supper among the hacks and the plebs.

So spare a thought for him, gents - those elbow patches don’t mend themselves.

Have you ever considered a career in journalism?

We could use one

Back