A new Rangers bar opened up in Paisley (Inn on the corner)

Only going with what I was told by a boy in Paisley.
It’s basically the locals from the old Anchor Bar which was shut because of noise complaints from the new flats on Cotton Street.

Certainly not a Rangers leaning pub. Tea Gardens Tavern still the only Rangers pub in Paisley. Miss the Croft Bar as nothing has replaced it

Shame The Inn On The Corner didn’t workout for Stevie but he was losing business at his other pub and wasn’t making enough at new pub to justify keeping it

It’s basically the locals from the old Anchor Bar which was shut because of noise complaints from the new flats on Cotton Street.

Certainly not a Rangers leaning pub. Tea Gardens Tavern still the only Rangers pub in Paisley. Miss the Croft Bar as nothing has replaced it

Shame The Inn On The Corner didn’t workout for Stevie but he was losing business at his other pub and wasn’t making enough at new pub to justify keeping it

I'd never heard of it, but I seen a post on Facebook today saying that there's a Rangers bus leaving from the Horseshoe Bar on Canal Street.

Harsh.

Just like every town and city in Scotland, it has its good areas and bad areas.

Castlehead, Potterhill, Ralston, Thornly Park, etc are nice areas, and some streets like Park Road, South Avenue, Sunnyside Road, have homes to match almost anywhere in Scotland. Some houses pushing £1m in Paisley now.

Barshaw Park is nice, and buildings like the Abbey and the Coats Memorial are outstanding.

It is much safer walking through Paisley town centre as opposed to some parts of Glasgow city centre these days. And there are more poverty stricken areas as a whole in Glasgow than in Paisley.
Thank you lord provost of Paisley :))

Loved The Croft.
Was an ex Anchor drinker who told me it was a rattler pub.

Tea Gardens lease was a formality. Same people have it, but the Brewer had to advertise at last lease end.

Inn on the Corner will be fine, as they closed the anchor bar and took all their regulars with them
I heard the Anchor was reopening or has reopened.

I'd never heard of it, but I seen a post on Facebook today saying that there's a Rangers bus leaving from the Horseshoe Bar on Canal Street.
Funnily enough they used to own The Croft but I thought they kept the Horseshoe Bar as non football

It’s next to Fire Station

Eh....... The new pub..????
I'm confused..
dacia-top-gear.gif

• Haha
Reactions: SSR
That the one Stuart who worked in the Croft now n then works/ worked in?
Wee Boabs (Mark) brother owned them both and Boab was often behind the bar. He used to do Orangeoake on the Sunday. Met the Goalie in there quite a few times and Andy Fordham.

We joined the LWRSC for away games but will probably start watching them here. Use them or lose them!!

Wee Boabs (Mark) brother owned them both and Boab was often behind the bar. He used to do Orangeoake on the Sunday. Met the Goalie in there quite a few times and Andy Fordham.

We joined the LWRSC for away games but will probably start watching them here. Use them or lose them!!
Met Goram and Fordham in there.
Am a member of the club but wouldn't watch games in there tbh.

Spent many a school holiday visiting my wee granny's sister Isa in the tenements, above the Wellington bar, near Canal St Station in the 70's.
Hi , you may remember us finding out about each other a couple of years ago when you asked about David Doctor running the bus from Kennedy’s. Visited Isa many times as we just stayed up at Falside Rd. Back then the ‘Welly’ was just a pub and as someone has previously said , was a workies pub.

The fight and the staff getting injured made it a no brainer. Shame because Stevie is an absolute gentleman.

Hi , you may remember us finding out about each other a couple of years ago when you asked about David Doctor running the bus from Kennedy’s. Visited Isa many times as we just stayed up at Falside Rd. Back then the ‘Welly’ was just a pub and as someone has previously said , was a workies pub.
Hi pal, have you changed your Username,i`ve been trying to find you to send up some photies of my parents wedding, my Nan, Aunty Cathy & Isa`s daughter .
Pictures from Catherine`s funeral who`ll you`ll know that are the double of my wee nan?

Hi pal, have you changed your Username,i`ve been trying to find you to send up some photies of my parents wedding, my Nan, Aunty Cathy & Isa`s daughter .
Pictures from Catherine`s funeral who`ll you`ll know that are the double of my wee nan?
No , as far as I know it’s the same.

The fight and the staff getting injured made it a no brainer. Shame because Stevie is an absolute gentleman.
The handbags after the 4-0 game? No staff were hurt. Typical mentally challengeds hit a couple of old men after the doors were locked then ran away

Unless there is another fight you’re talking about

you up tomorrow pal?

Random bump, I’ve not long moved to the area and I’ve just stumbled across this rollercoaster of a thread.

Am I right in thinking the Tea Gardens Tavern is my only option? Is there an RSC that’s based there?

Shame the Inn on the Corner didn’t work out, having seen the clientele that seem to frequent it when passing I can’t say I’m tempted to visit and see what it’s like now.

Random bump, I’ve not long moved to the area and I’ve just stumbled across this rollercoaster of a thread.

Am I right in thinking the Tea Gardens Tavern is my only option? Is there an RSC that’s based there?

Shame the Inn on the Corner didn’t work out, having seen the clientele that seem to frequent it when passing I can’t say I’m tempted to visit and see what it’s like now.
I stand to be corrected but think I seen possibly on here or Facebook recently that the Horseshoe Bar is now a Rangers pub.

I stand to be corrected but think I seen possibly on here or Facebook recently that the Horseshoe Bar is now a Rangers pub.
You might be right, someone told me there was another pub near TGT that a bus left from so that would make sense.

Edit: Seems like that’s the case from this thread actually.

Harsh.

Just like every town and city in Scotland, it has its good areas and bad areas.

Castlehead, Potterhill, Ralston, Thornly Park, etc are nice areas, and some streets like Park Road, South Avenue, Sunnyside Road, have homes to match almost anywhere in Scotland. Some houses pushing £1m in Paisley now.

Barshaw Park is nice, and buildings like the Abbey and the Coats Memorial are outstanding.

It is much safer walking through Paisley town centre as opposed to some parts of Glasgow city centre these days. And there are more poverty stricken areas as a whole in Glasgow than in Paisley.
You were doing well until you started comparing Paisley to Glasgow. There’s 635,130 in Glasgow city. There’s bound to be more of everything than what Paisley has. More wealth but also more poverty. For a town the size of Paisley it was a disgrace how low it fell over the decades , but fair play it has been regenerated and is improving all the time.

You were doing well until you started comparing Paisley to Glasgow. There’s 635,130 in Glasgow city. There’s bound to be more of everything than what Paisley has. More wealth but also more poverty. For a town the size of Paisley it was a disgrace how low it fell over the decades , but fair play it has been regenerated and is improving all the time.
What am I missing?

Back