A personal message from the MD of Rangers Football Club

Since our last game in Europe, we've got FARE bang to rights and complained to UEFA about them.

There's no harm in a little reminder from the club ahead of tonight's game, we know FARE will be desperate to shine that light back on us.

If the bottom of that letter said 'Steven Gerrard, Rangers Manager' absolutely nobody here would have a problem with it.
False. If SG penned it, I would still dislike it.

I have to say, I'm sorely annoyed by this nonsense. Are Rangers seriously suggesting that our every expression of personal political belief at any event and any geographical location is subject to judgement by Rangers and, apparently, the wider world? Seriously?

I reserve the right to judge what's acceptable as long as I act within the law. Rangers can insist on a code of behaviour when I'm a guest in our stadium, but beyond that, the powers that be can away and raffle themselves. I'm stuffed if I'm letting some over paid suit dictate my right to express myself within the bounds of the law. And if they try and remove a ticket of mine they'll find themselves on the hook for all manner of costs when the small claims action hits.

Muppets.

The club taking an appeasement route is folly. We are dealing with Marxists here. We concede something, then they complain about something else. It's been happening for 30 years. Where has it got us? A club with fragmented traditions, still persecuted.

I understand playing it smart with FARE. My point is that this needs to be supplemented with proactive action designed to call out the hypocracy and double standards employed by the former. Simply dumping *all* of the blame on the support is both cowardly, irresponsible, and in the long run, self-defeating.

Back