A positive post regarding our support in Seville

dublinbluenose

much was written how it would be carnage in Seville and we would wake up to the same headlines as Manchester.well we haven’t the behavior of our support appears to have been excellent and it was the Frankfurt ultras who were hell bent on causing trouble.
Well done the traveling bears/bearettes,I am sure their are a few Scottish msm coming home bitterly disappointed they didn’t get the headlines they wanted

much was written how it would be carnage in Seville and we would wake up to the same headlines as Manchester.well we haven’t the behavior of our support appears to have been excellent and it was the Frankfurt ultras who were hell bent on causing trouble.
Well done the traveling bears/bearettes,I am sure their are a few Scottish msm coming home bitterly disappointed they didn’t get the headlines they wanted
Great shout - the fans have taken stick on here since the game, so it’s good to recognise our support. Taking 100k folk cross-continent for a game is a staggering show of our support, and it’s gone noticed everywhere.

I was reading a report on last night's game on the BBC Scotland website seems they were camped outside the Louden yesterday but apparently managed to speak to people for reactions on the game .

All a bit sinister when you read the content of the report but then again it's Pacific quay fanbhoys https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-61497627

Massive respect to everyone who travelled and proud that they conducted themselves in a manner befitting of our proud Club.

As far as I’m concerned you pay your money for your brief so entirely your call whether you sing for the full 120 mins or sit in stoney silence.

Personally I would have allocated a number of tickets to the UBs in view of the fantastic efforts they make via tifos and songs that got Ibrox absolutely rocking during the EL run, however appreciate ticket distribution is a thorny issue when only 9.5k briefs are spread amongst 46k ST holders

A huge well done to all our support.
The Scum started their Social MeHdia lies and untruths about us on Monday, and as usual have been well and truly found out.
We've had a great 3 days. Never saw any bother, and the Frankfurt fans we met were decent beyond words.
The pre match Fanzone we went to on the River Bank was first class, and didn't rip anyone off with their prices.
Only downside was that death trap of a Stadium, and of course the result.

Massive respect to everyone who travelled and proud that they conducted themselves in a manner befitting of our proud Club.

As far as I’m concerned you pay your money for your brief so entirely your call whether you sing for the full 120 mins or sit in stoney silence.

Personally I would have allocated a number of tickets to the UBs in view of the fantastic efforts they make via tifos and songs that got Ibrox absolutely rocking during the EL run, however appreciate ticket distribution is a thorny issue when only 9.5k briefs are spread amongst 46k ST holders
5.5k tickets spread amongst 46k season ticket holders

Im sure all the ex players like Edmundson, Jelavic, Greg Stewart and Lafferty etc. enjoyed their free club tickets though and contributed to the atmosphere

Was great in and around the city and would go back in the winter where the temp would be more bearable.

Folk were amazed with how cheap the beer prices were then they seen the 4" head on a half pint then tasted it and understood why

I thought it was class.

All the little streets, bars, squares.

Superb city. Walkable and seemed safe and clean.

Keen to go back, just not to watch football.

I thought it was class.

Seville was great but best bit of the trip outwith football was Malaga.

Great little town/city for similar kind of trip.

Also kudos to the security boy at the hostel in Seville who agreed not to say anything about five of us crashing in a room for two. Twenty euros goes a long way :D

5.5k tickets spread amongst 46k season ticket holders

Im sure all the ex players like Edmundson, Jelavic, Greg Stewart and Lafferty etc. enjoyed their free club tickets though and contributed to the atmosphere

Players must have had a mountain each.

McGregor’s wife was coming the (unt at the entrance. She seemed like an overly aggressive gobby cow. Self entitled boot.

They had 6 each it seemed.

Dorrans had 4-6 with him, but I believe he owns a box, so maybe his own allocation.

I only saw a couple of videos and as usual it was just those wee plastic chairs getting chucked about.

Fck all to talk about really.

I thought it was class.

Agree.

The city was amazing and immaculate.

Shout out to Malaga where we stayed.. also immaculate and some beautiful parts.

Would go back to both for 2/3 days away.

I was reading a report on last night's game on the BBC Scotland website seems they were camped outside the Louden yesterday but apparently managed to speak to people for reactions on the game .

All a bit sinister when you read the content of the report but then again it's Pacific quay fanbhoys https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-61497627
%^*& the BBC!

Players must have had a mountain each.

McGregor’s wife was coming the (unt at the entrance. She seemed like an overly aggressive gobby cow. Self entitled boot.

They had 6 each it seemed.

Dorrans had 4-6 with him, but I believe he owns a box, so maybe his own allocation.
Dorrans got tickets as ex player. His agent owns the box and gets looked after on the special corporate list

Frankfurt’s hooligans looked desperate to cause trouble. I hope nobody was injured as a result, well done to the bears who stood their ground when that huge mob came towards them. Cowards moved away fast.

Frankfurt’s hooligans looked desperate to cause trouble. I hope nobody was injured as a result, well done to the bears who stood their ground when that huge mob came towards them. Cowards moved away fast.
They never came near large groups of bears as they only hunt in packs and attack stragglers.

No less than Pat Nevin was sticking up for us on BBC breakfast this morning saying that he was walking about and the fans were up for talking to him with a bit of ribbing with no hint of any trouble.

From what I saw on TV, Twitter and You Tube mixing with the Germans etc the fans did everyone proud.

Result and stadium facilities apart it was superb. Fantastic city managed to walk about and see a good bit of it. Would love to go and just have a holiday there. Apart from one bar ripping us off I thought the price of food and drink was very cheap for a city. The Frankfurt fans we met were very friendly and positive talking about Rangers. Well done to the Rangers fans who made the trip a credit to our club.

I was just saying that to my mate this morning,we should have gave them the tkts they needed put them in all together and the rest of our support would have fed off thier exuberance and maybe just maybe our players would have got a big lift

What are folks thoughts on the actual travelling crowd and the 100.000 figure.
I see on social media that the scum are questioning this big time. Posting pics of their time there and to be honest the place looked heaving and you could not see an inch of pavement/road. I remember seeing TV pics at the time and it was always looking packed out and like you could not swing a cat. On the other hand all the news footage of us last nights prior to the game showed very large crowds but folk able to freely move around without a problem. Now I know the scum are prone to talking shoite but just read a report in the Guardian newspaper which said that the travelling report fell well short of what had been expected.

Back