A question for any statos on here. When was the last time we never used any subs?

Scotty_boy90

Now days there are so many subs made and in the pub last night the above question arose. When was the last time our starting 11 finished a game? Maybe when we still only were allowed 3 subs?

I seem to remember as a lad managers not wanting to change things if they were playing well and being reluctant to bring on subs. Maybe I'm wrong on that front but it would be interesting to know.

Gerrard done it in a 1-1 cup game away at Pittodrie.

We lost the replay at Ibrox.

It was the start of a horrendous run 5 games no wins.

Aberdeen away 1-1
Hibs away 1-1
Aberdeen home 0-2
Kilmarnock home 1-1
Celtic away 1-2

The previous month we had back to back 0-0s away to Kilmarnock, home to st Johnstone

Aberdeen away 1-1
Hibs away 1-1
Aberdeen home 0-2
Kilmarnock home 1-1
Celtic away 1-2

The previous month we had back to back 0-0s away to Kilmarnock, home to st Johnstone
That game at Pittodrie was the one that sprung to mind for me.

Aberdeen away 1-1
Hibs away 1-1
Aberdeen home 0-2
Kilmarnock home 1-1
Celtic away 1-2

Thats the game that sprung to mind for me as well.

We had some shocking spells under Gerrard between that post-Christmas break and the season after.

I still remember how horrible that Hamilton defeat was.

Now days there are so many subs made and in the pub last night the above question arose. When was the last time our starting 11 finished a game? Maybe when we still only were allowed 3 subs?

I seem to remember as a lad managers not wanting to change things if they were playing well and being reluctant to bring on subs. Maybe I'm wrong on that front but it would be interesting to know.
If you don't count the last 20 mins.. Probably years...

Obviously not the most recent but I remember Walter doing it vs Sporting at Ibrox in his final season.

Aberdeen away 1-1
Hibs away 1-1
Aberdeen home 0-2
Kilmarnock home 1-1
Celtic away 1-2

Seems incredible that he survived that run

Seems incredible that he survived that run
He must have been close to some grown up conversations taking place with the board as he had several shocking runs.

Alot of supporters wanted him gone at times during his tenure, until he delivered 55.

Despite the lack of silverware, he had the scums number and that will always buy you time as Rangers manager.

St Johnstone away under Gio springs to mind, we won 1-0 with Kamara scoring from a brilliant Morelos pass.

Was weird because the players seemed absolutely knackered.
That’s exactly the one I was going to say. I was fuming, Morelos clearly limping about and players blowing out their arses. Was just before Morelos ended up out for months injured too.

He must have been close to some grown up conversations taking place with the board as he had several shocking runs.

Alot of supporters wanted him gone at times during his tenure, until he delivered 55.

Despite the lack of silverware, he had the scums number and that will always buy you time as Rangers manager.
Absolutely. I remember the hearts cup game away, after another fall out with Morelos, we got beat playing with no strikers. I thought that was the end
Then we got beat off Hamilton at Ibrox

We had an incredible record against them under Gerrard considering what had gone before.

Back