A Rangers-centric version of Open Goal

DamBuster72

For what it's worth I do enjoy the series, some of the interviews with the likes of Human and Halliday have been superb but....

Given the hosts all played with or support them, the stories we hear are all about Gravesen etc

If you could pick 3 former or current Rangers to host a similar style podcast, who would you pick and why?

I expect Halliday might be a popular vote for many.

I’m su
Very, very unusual for a tim.

I can only think he couldnt afford the bus fare.

I can only think he couldnt afford the bus fare.

I’m sure he’s mentioned it a few times.

He’s also been wearing City colours so that’s good enough for me.

Not every Tim is a raging bigot (just most of them)

I watched the John Hughes one and he’s supported Celtic and Hibs but still seems a genuine big guy

Super Ally. You listen to him on TS and he is superb.Great patter and would shine on that kind of platform.

Would attract better guests than most that do these kind of things?

None of the 3 of them come across as bitter. Kevin Kyle is always saying how he's glad he played for us and Slaney always calls us Glasgow Rangers. Not a sevco to be heard unlike that football daft pish. It's a great podcast and with any luck they'll end up with their own wee TV show the same as the Terrace podcast boys.

Tbf I don’t think Si Ferry is actually one of them? He’s from Dundee and sure he supported them as a kid as well as him being a Man City man. Considering he played for them he certainly isn’t bitter and I actually think he’s really good on Open Goal.

As for Slaney he just seems to be an absolute nutter, the fact he spent his Celtic pay off on a Bender in Amsterdam rather than a much needed hip operation tells you a lot about him :D If he’s one of them or not he never seems to be biased towards Celtic

Kevin Kyle doesn’t seem very interesting and maybe not the brightest but he certainly isn’t bitter.

I have no complaints about Simon Ferry interviews,you can choose to listen too who you want.Rangers should roll back the years and interview veterans ex players so their memories are kept in vaults/library so we can have as much history remembered as we approach our 150 year.This would be fantastic.

Back