A Sliding Doors Moment? Dundee's Missing "No" Vote.

RedWhiteBlue

I do wonder how things would have worked out if last season had just been put on hold like almost every other league in Europe and then finished at a later date.

Tims and us get to have 2 matches and more than likely they take the title and get to celebrate it. A boost for them and a downer for us.

Instead Dundee bafflingly change their vote to "yes" instead of being forced to stick with the "no" vote they admit they submitted that was mysteriously lost.

So Timmy doesn't really get to "win" the title and their squad doesn't get the emotional and psychological boost of winning it on the park, probably even managing to beat us as we struggle to close that gap.

Instead WE get the boost as there is a total sense of injustice around what happened. We were denied even the chance to correct our poor form so we did the next best thing and corrected it in time for the new season. Meanwhile the imposters across the city know damn well their achievement was hollow but arrogantly think they will just win "the 10" and render the circumstances of the 9 irrelevant.

Funny how things work out, eh?

The dodgy dealings that went on that day has been revisited to muck them with their supposed ten, Karma you may say, well it was tainted because they had effall competition with us not being there, nailed to the floor so that they could strut around as comical invincibles, it was rigged and we were crippled by their mates.

Last year was a panic run by their SPFL CSC and SFA to hurry up and award them a title not won on the park and that was still a possibility for them to lose.
Then the Cup fiasco that saw Hearts who were relegated out the top league and lost players had to play the crooked ones who had new players,what a mess just to help one team.

Make no mistake they were rewarded by their cohorts so let's just enjoy 55 their Terry Munro is gone, slice a' breed, and the crooks who make the rules up to suit them can do nothing about it.:shh:

Last edited:
I do wonder how things would have worked out if last season had just been put on hold like almost every other league in Europe and then finished at a later date.

Tims and us get to have 2 matches and more than likely they take the title and get to celebrate it. A boost for them and a downer for us.

Instead Dundee bafflingly change their vote to "yes" instead of being forced to stick with the "no" vote they admit they submitted that was mysteriously lost.

So Timmy doesn't really get to "win" the title and their squad doesn't get the emotional and psychological boost of winning it on the park, probably even managing to beat us as we struggle to close that gap.

Instead WE get the boost as there is a total sense of injustice around what happened. We were denied even the chance to correct our poor form so we did the next best thing and corrected it in time for the new season. Meanwhile the imposters across the city know damn well their achievement was hollow but arrogantly think they will just win "the 10" and render the circumstances of the 9 irrelevant.

The fixture list was supposed to apply pressure on us from the start of this season. We were given another tough start, they were given another easy ride. We were supposed to be playing catch-up from the off. Everything was in place, as always, to maximise their chances.

Funny that, too.

Given how no club in the world has been as badly affected by Celtic (their words) they may well have thrown the league away.

They should therefore be stripped of that title imo :))

The fixture list was supposed to apply pressure on us from the start of this season. We were given another tough start, they were given another easy ride. We were supposed to be playing catch-up from the off. Everything was in place, as always, to maximise their chances.

Funny that, too.
Will be interesting to see if the first old firm is in October again next season

Gerrard said at the start of the season that the break and the late start to the El helped us in terms of working with the defence etc more time spent on different things.

I also think it allowed us a chance to reset. It allowed Gerrard to work on things with his coaching staff, about where we still needed to improve (mentally as much as anything), and most of all allowed Gerrard (and other senior players) to harbour a real sense of injustice and bitterness about the way the game is governed here. And we’ve taken that and applied a ruthless streak, and a cynicism that’s not been there before. This siege mentality has also helped focus on the ‘one game at a time’ and ‘small margins’ mantra that’s served us well this season, whilst at the same time managing the squad (particularly the midfield in terms of rotation) well. As we’ve done that, it’s applied pressure to Celtic and exposed their recruitment policies and failure to build on the foundations they had built.

And, (cos I’m sticking to this until we officially win it) IF we get it over the line then every single attempt to kick us whilst down is getting brought up on social media for me. Griffiths playing keepy uppy on the way to take corners. Wiping his nose on corner flags. Lustig wearing police hats. Brown dancing at the end of OF games against centre half pairings of David Bates and Danny Wilson ( :eek: ) and the list goes on. For every single one of those moments and so many more, borne of their hubris and assumption, GET IT RIGHT ROUND YEEZ.

(I may have gotten carried away and derailed my point somewhat. Apologies )

Last edited:
We are a different beast this season. I don't think we would have won last season but there would have been twists and turns.

The title was awarded in what can at a minimum be described as highly dubious circumstances. They argued against an independent review. Let that never be forgotten. Together with the SFA CSA review, the zero punishments for going to Dubai and blatantly breaking covid protocols... And the behaviour of the Compliance offer.... Let it always be known that at this moment in time, Celtic are the establishment club.

I'm still buzzing from today (yesterday). It has been my most enjoyable day this season.

I'm not even thinking about last season or the last nine. We're going to win the league in an unprecedented way and Lennon, Brown and Lawell will be there to see it. I thought our first title would be a helicopter Sunday job... Not steamrolling the entire league.

Every year we are going to get better as well.

Last edited:

Funny that, to
Totally agree, and also December/Jan was loaded up drop points

God was watching the corruption, he could not let evil prevail and he has dished out his super KARMA to the devil.

Let's not forget the joke of the Scottish Cup being finished with a different squad. The whole integrity of a cup is in relation to players only playing for one team in it! And they almost blew that as well.

Should have been the first thing finished when things restarted or cancelled

How the events surrounding the end to last season, have come back to haunt the filth big time this season.

A title win so meaningless, it was barely recognised or acknowledged outside Scotland as the corruption, incompetence and deceit of the powers that be (acting on the yahoos behalf) were laid bare for all to see.

Their access to the CL millions stopped abruptly in its tracks.

Barkas, Duffy, Laxalt, Ajeti and some other bloke on loan. Millions squandered on some absolute shite right there.

Brown and Griffiths (chortle). Lennon (guffaw).

Add to all of that, their sheer arrogance and refusal to accept that this Rangers team are an entirely different animal this season - no longer a soft touch, no longer shipping daft points and crumbling away after Christmas. And no doubt in my mind, with a fire in their belly after the sordid manner in which the filth were gifted their tainted title.

And as for Dundee, fck ‘em. Lie down with dogs ……….

The depths of their scheming holds no boundaries and its been a joy to watch it unravelling, turning them over on their tattie patch to win the title will the biggest fhuk you karma cherry on the icing cake, hope they enjoy that with their jelly and ice cream
Add to that for the first time in years other clubs have seemed to be really trying in games against the great unwashed.

Great point. I am a firm believer in what goes around comes around. We used the break much better than then due to their utter arrogance. Remember SG was in a bad place after Hearts defeat. He recharged and got to work with his team. And by golly has it paid off.

Winning the league at the piggery now is the biggest Karma to them for last season’s shenanigans it will haunt the mentally challenged bastards.

Add to that for the first time in years other clubs have seemed to be really trying in games against the great unwashed.
Loaning other SPL teams quality players and weakening their teams when we played them also helped a little. Clever tactic by SG and the Staff.

I think the nonsense around last seasons vote and awarding of a title probably helped to galvanise the squad. The Scottish/Rangers fans in the squad would have already been aware, but I reckon for those less familiar with the peculiar goings on in Scottish football it must have been something of an eye opener and gave them an even greater desire to do something to put it right. Every player has had that extra intangible to their game this season. We are mentally much stronger and have just looked like we knew we were going to win the league right from the first game

A lot of guesswork from myself here but hearts going down made life a lot easier for us too. All born from this farcical end to last season! Two trips to tynecastle is never easy at the best of times. Karma and all that

Funny that, too.
Lets not forget the latest an OF game has ever been played in the forlorn hope that they had fans back. That back fired on them as well

Funny that, too.

Spot on HB.

The SPFL plan was for us to be behind from day 1, and if the league was cut short,
they were ahead.

Will be interesting to see if the first old firm is in October again next season
Not a chance, simply geared to get a full house in the piggery. Another stitch up
It was one of 4 available dates for the game, no surprise it was in October given the comment

Yes they wanted fans in but it never going to be full house

Next season will depending on the start date but wouldn't rule out another October date

Timescales prevent a finish in the League

The day we allowed to train again properly the La Liga were actually starting back playing 11th June

Granted the SPFL had other idea with the vote and given them the power to do what they wanted to

We were never winning the league last season.

The circumstances of the league stopping, the title being given to Celtic and the dodgy dealings of the vote will have had a motivating effect on the players, the management and the board.

In a strange way, it actually placed us in a stronger position to win this year's league than it would have had last season limped to a conclusion.

With how we were playing, there is no chance we were winning the league last season. That doesn't mean I don't think it should have been played to a finish.

It appears that we, as a club, used the time constructively. And it will probably benefit us in the long run.

You can't imagine Lennon putting in extra time to look at ways of improving can you? Not unless it involves having a beer in hand.

Loaning other SPL teams quality players and weakening their teams when we played them also helped a little. Clever tactic by SG and the Staff.
A tactic we copied from them which, in my opinion, shouldn't be allowed. It probably will be outlawed by the SPFL now that we have been able to make it work for us.

Totally agree, and also December/Jan was loaded up drop points
This entire season was rigged to make it as easy as possible for the tainted 8 and a vote * meisters to go for their non existent “10”.

It’s just glorious the way karma has stepped in this season (oh, and no small measure of skill from us :)) )

The break definitely helped us, in the main because we have a professional coaching setup and they don't. Whilst our manager was working out where last season went wrong and how we were going to fix it there's was downing pints and believing his own hype.

I've been saying since Gerrard came in that's it's clear we are improving over time whilst they are regressing. Was only a matter of time before we overtook them. Fortunately it's happened just in time to stop their 10IAR*

Funny that, too.

100%

Open corruption. While it’s great we will win the league I still want the club tone much more aggressive in dealing with the SFA/SPFL

What happened last year was a disgrace and any sensible non rangers hating football fan would agree that the SFA SPFL awarded the title in outrageous circumstances. Make no mistake everyone on the mentally challengeds payroll including MSM were complicit in the campaign to make this season a celebration of 10 they failed to take in to account Rangers and SG professionalism and desire to gain back the league title

Pushed by Lennon and Liewell to give them their bonus and a go at CL. I think the rest of the SPFL have given Celtic their last bonus, they'll just be a normal club from now on.

Back