A title that is there for the taking slipping away?

We are the biggest bottle merchants in the league and nothing has changed in the past 3 seasons. Not a chance we are winning the league unfortunately.
We are in a battle with aberdeen, Hibs, hearts, Kilmarnock etc for 2nd and quite frankly I’m not confident against them either.

Yet we call Aberdeen bottle merchants...

20 games to go and only 3pts behind with a transfer window next week, we're well within distance of the top, there is absolutely no reason for all the doom and gloom

We have a couple of real quality players and the rest of the squad is made up of youngsters and journeymen.

McGregor and Lafferty aside the rest have zero winning mentality amongst them.

It’s hardly surprising they shit the bed when the chips are down.

Take 2 or 3 players out of that squad and we have a very, very average team. Can you imagine how poor that team would be without Morelos??

Another year of poor signings and bad loans - much to ponder heading into the next transfer window ... we can't continually add rubbish to our squad.

To be honest, we’ve gotten better as a team, squad. Decent run in Europe. But look at mhanks today, started without a striker and when sheep got 2 nd pen to draw level late in the game they pushed on and won the game. Our teams of the past would’ve done the same many a time. We are just not good enough yet and it must frustrate the life out our manager too. Hopefully we win on 29th but we must not lose. Let’s stay near them at top and see what window brings.

We’re in a fight for second place we won’t win the league

I think you are being generous, can we honestly say we have the measure of Aberdeen, Hibs and Kilmarnock home and away over the last year or so? Unless we add at the very least two permanent attacking players to the squad over the next few weeks, another third place finish beckons unfortunately. Disgraceful state of affairs given the amount of money spent.

Last edited:
We aren't winning this title. I fear it will be as good as over after Saturday and we will yet again be in scrap for 2nd.

The chance was there but we just don’t have the players with the right mentality to grab the opportunity. It’s very frustrating and this frustration could boil over on Saturday if we turn in yet another meek performance against them.

The chance was there to be pretty close going into January signings, now looks like 6 points adrift with their game in hand , can’t see us closing that gap even with a couple of additions, the squad needs serious £ spent on it and we don’t have it I’m afraid. They must be pissing themselves at the amount of slip ups we are having . Play with that team and formation can see them take 4 or 5 off us

We’ll finish in a strong second imo.

We haven’t the depth of squad to compete with them over a season at the moment and it’s starting to tell now.

We looked dead on our feet final quarter of the game today.

The idea that the title is ‘there for the taking’ against a mentally challenged team with nearly double our first-team squad size and treble our wage budget is absolutely pie in the sky.

If we’d gone out in UFA that night we’d currently be about 8 points better off, that’s my honest opinion - we were not equipped for a European run like that, it screwed our league chances.

We have been unlucky with injuries but we need to bring in quality in January.
To many current players are simply not good enough to play for Rangers.

The Tim’s have came back towards the rest of the league this season imo and this league was there to be won by us.

If we could’ve put even a 5-6 game win streak together in the league we’d be well clear and I think that’s what’s frustrating me the most and maybe for the wider support too.

We are dropping points against teams that we are so much better than and create loads of opportunities to finish games and make the wrong decision time after time.

I feel it’s slipping away just now and Sunday becomes huge we win it lights the fire going into the break lose and imo it’s over.

We should definitely be putting more pressure on them.
They have regressed but I don't think it's as much as people are making out.
They lost Dembele and started poorly but seem to have overcome their bad period.

The majority of games they've dropped points, they've made multiple changes. They wouldn't have done that if they were behind.

We need a to focus on strengthening the midfield, that's where we are losing games. We don't have any spark or creativity in there.

Look at the movement of Morelos. If we had a good creative midfielder, he would 've an ideal striker to be feeding balls to.

I think our fans have a cheek saying celtic will crumble as soon as we excert ourselves or that aberdeen are bottle merchants when in reality and ironically its us that implodes. Make sure your own house is in order and all aye.

Reactions: TN8
Title is only ever there for the taking if we're good enough.

We haven't been since we got promoted, so we've got no right to think that way.

We need to give Gerrard 2/3 transfer windows to build his own team.

Middle to front, collectively, the mentally challengeds are lightyears ahead of us. There really is a delusion amongst our support regarding that. The majority of our centre mids and wingers would struggle to even make the bench for a full strengh mentally challengeds squad.

Title is still there to be won. We have three games against them to play and they will drop points.
This would give me heart if I thought we were capable of going on an unbeaten run.... but unfortunately I think we still have many more dropped points in us as well.
I still believe progress is being made and given time over the next 2 transfer windows we will build a team that's able to give a serious title challenge.

We only have Morelos who is bailing the team out week in and out and no other player is stepping up to help out , for instance I watched big McCrorie blast 2 chances over the bar from the edge of the box against st Johnston and one from the edge of the box today against Hibs trickled wide ... I’ve watched Candeias and Middleton cross balls out of the park most weeks... no where near good enough

Probably best to get it out of the way now to be honest.

Would be much more soul destroying to see just how badly this team would fail at the first hint of pressure again if we somehow managed to find ourselves in contention come the business end of the season.

It,s already gone imo.This squad just dont have it in them to go on a winning stteak.

Totally agree with the OP. The Shettlestons were there for the taking this season. Our players are mentally weak. We are one directional every game . They will push on after the break. We seem to think that settling for second is acceptable. Personally, I don't. Every game is a rollercoaster now. It's bitterly disappointing .

I don't believe that it was ever there for the taking, we are not good enough, our players cannot string half a dozen passes together never mind half a dozen wins. The poets are not all that but they are twice the team we are right now, player for player we are second best to them by a long way, I believe Saturday will confirm my concerns.

Back