A wee clip for the older Bears

Ek_blue

Was down a Youtube rabbit hole on Saturday night and was watching a few videos of East Kilbride from around the time when it was first built. Spotted this in amongst one of the videos, our very own "Bobby Shearer of The Glasgow Rangers". Any of the older bears from EK there that day?

Was down a Youtube rabbit hole on Saturday night and was watching a few videos of East Kilbride from around the time when it was first built. Spotted this in amongst one of the videos, our very own "Bobby Shearer of The Glasgow Rangers". Any of the older bears from EK there that day?

A true legend. Brilliant clip.

Can't help thinking i know the Narrators voice from somewhere aswell. Anyone know who it is?

Ah! The Scotland I grew up in.

It wasn't a utopia it just feels like it now after years of the SNP.

Legend.

One of my favourite tales was Greig (I think) saying that when the players paraded the ECWC at Ibrox, he looked up and saw Captain Cutlass in with the ordinary punters - having the time of his life.
Bobby Shearer stood with the fans at Broomfield, December 1974 (We lost 3-4 to Airdrie).

It’s surprising that back then when they say there wasn’t a lot of money going about and nobody had much, but yet the councils had loads of workers sweeping and cleaning the streets and emptying bins out peoples gardens. Now they’re hardly round doing the bins and that’s with everyone taking the bins out to the street ready for them.
The good old days lol

Tremendous, Ek_blue! I watched the video on my phone earlier and was trying to figure out where in the town that was filmed (I'm an old EK boy myself). Now that I watch on a bigger screen I see the Stuart Hotel facade. Loved the old town centre and the excitement of the plaza getting built in the late 70's. I get back about once a year and it's a sad-looking town centre these days.

It’s surprising that back then when they say there wasn’t a lot of money going about and nobody had much, but yet the councils had loads of workers sweeping and cleaning the streets and emptying bins out peoples gardens. Now they’re hardly round doing the bins and that’s with everyone taking the bins out to the street ready for them.
The good old days lol

Before my time but i've heard Parents/Grandparents saying numerous times over the years " EK was brilliant when it was the old Corporation(EK Development Corporation) and fell to bits when it went to S.Lanarkshire Council". Probably for similar reasons to what you've said.

Tremendous, Ek_blue! I watched the video on my phone earlier and was trying to figure out where in the town that was filmed (I'm an old EK boy myself). Now that I watch on a bigger screen I see the Stuart Hotel facade. Loved the old town centre and the excitement of the plaza getting built in the late 70's. I get back about once a year and it's a sad-looking town centre these days.
I remember when i was younger in the 90s that the town centre was always mobbed and buzzing with people and was no need to be heading into Glasgow. Now as you say it is sad and i would add dull and rundown to that aswell.

Before my time but i've heard Parents/Grandparents saying numerous times over the years " EK was brilliant when it was the old Corporation(EK Development Corporation) and fell to bits when it went to S.Lanarkshire Council". Probably for similar reasons to what you've said.
Probably infested.

Pretty much the same as Livingston and WLC.

Latest posts

Back