Aaron Hickey Hearts going to Bologna now.

I'm sure I read his preferred destination was Italy rather than Germany. Not really a come down if that is the case.

I'm sure these clubs have watched him far more than I but, to be honest, he's not impressed any time I've seen him.

Bologna are not rolling in cash or star players, so he has a good chance of getting first team football, which is something that he would not have got at Bayern. I'm sure he will be paid more than at Hearts, and of course he is no longer stuck in the second tier. At least he is spreading his wings, trying new adventures abroad, which is something most British players seem scared to attempt. He'll get more time on the ball in Serie A and won't have hammer-throwers kicking him up in the air. He has to impress Siniša Mihajlović, the manager, however if he is as good as they say, then this could be good progress for a young player.

Not enough Scottish players broaden their horizons and play abroad, So good luck to the boy even if it doesn't work out at least he gave it a go

The boy is an idiot then. Can only conclude bayern didn't want him
I would say he is far from an Idiot, he was never going to get a game at Bayern, not in a million years.
Sure the life style would have been good and the money, but at least he will get a chance at Bologna, and thats why he is going there.
Same as Docherty, Murphy etc leaving us, these lads want to play.

Have Bologna’s scouts consulted the FF brains trust? They’ve seen him play 3 or 4 times so they should really consult with those boys first :))

Well I have seen him twice against us at Ibrox and Hampdump and he was dreadful both times (and don't tell me I can't spot a player).

Some move for the boy. Always good to see young players going abroad

still think he’ll end up as a centre mid, technically excellent

Bayern or Bologna would be excellent move for him. Celtic if there was any truth in it would be a disaster but at least he'd be instantly worth £40m and targeted by Real Madrid and Barcelona immediately.

Apart from being really young when Hearts started playing him I genuinely haven't seen anything that makes him stand out... Defensively very naive, and looked nowhere near ready to be playing first team football.

That being said, hope the lad does well as not enough of our youngsters have the ambition to go abroad and improve their game

Wish the young lad the best but don't see what the fuss is about him.
lu5Armd.gif

Great move for a young kid. Can't say I feel qualified to comment on his ability or attributes not having seen much of him other than relatively anonymous at best performances against us. Scouts must have been impressed. Good luck to the boy.

Dreadful player anytime I have seen him, hope he does well but I seriously doubt he could make it in Scotland never mind Italy.

Good luck to the lad nothing ventured nothing gained. I hope does really well if for nothing else to come to this thread when he just transferred to Juventus for £50m in 4 yrs time

Fed up hearing about this wee lad, just sign for somone and give us peace

This forum getting more like club call by the day. Any threads with a question mark at the end or from twitter should be banned. I’ve been annoyed seeing the thread title that this guy went to Bayern for some reason

Off to the land of pizza to blend in with his plooky coupon. Wouldn't have been against the filth squandering money on him but I guess the well is dry over there

Back