Abd so it starts. Call to remove 'tangerine' kit

Was last seasons kit. This season we don’t have a tangerine kit. Why is this being hauled up now?
It was a discussion about how much Rangers are doing as a club to eradicate sectarianism.

I’m assuming his claim was that releasing an orange strip was pandering to part of the support who follow the Orange movement, whom some may view as bigoted.

I actually partially agree with him but there’s very little wrong with the club cashing in IMO.

Nobody is going to ban the orange strip. We don’t even currently have an orange strip.

why do celtic wear green and white?
they're not irish michael.

and the orange order is a minority group, be careful with your words.

Viewing the orange order as sectarian is insane.

Real discussion should be about how you can celebrate your own culture without having to shite on others.

Stop talking nonsense.

They can only ban what is deemed unacceptable. Like it or not, “up to our knees in 19th Century Terrorist blood” falls into that category.
It isn't nonsense.
They decide what is acceptable now, when they attack us for something else, we better not lie down like the previous board did.

If orange is sectarian then does that give proof that the term orange B is as well? Or if we are called orange Bs does that not mean we are free to wear orange as that is what others call us?

They cannot have it both ways.

This is up there with the hokey cokey. Its just getting mental now. They now want to pick which colour of kit we're allowed. :oops:

They are sitting it, like they did at the start of last season.

Absolutely any slant that can assosia us with negative media, they will push.

Celtc former players are poisonous scum, they hate Rangers more than they love Celtc. Actually doing us over is their sole desire. Not to be winning, but winning over us.

It isn't nonsense.
They decide what is acceptable now, when they attack us for something else, we better not lie down like the previous board did.
If we get our house in order, there is nothing they can attack us with.

The paranoia on here is ridiculous.

You’re acting as though we’ve done nothing wrong.

If we get our house in order, there is nothing they can attack us with.

The paranoia on here is ridiculous.

You’re acting as though we’ve done nothing wrong.
No, I am really not.
I will be the first to admit I sang the songs but when it became clear it was not on I stopped.
A few hundred sang tbb for 30 seconds and we have been punished for it.
It absolutely needs to be cut out.
It is not paranoia if it is one sided so far, why would anyone expect anything else going forward?
Get our house in order then ensure equality.

Have I missed something? Only the goalie kit is tangerine..........

I have no interest or involvement in the Orange Order, but I see no problem with a shirt that reflects that element of the culture of our support. There is nothing sectarian about it.
Exactly,it’s a bloody colour.
These cunts are the bigots.

As I have posted elsewhere, the songs they are going after are those that we have sung with the greatest voracity over time and those that have helped make Ibrox an intimidating place at times in Europe. By preventing the singing of these songs, we lose that. The traditional Rangers songs, e.g. Wolverhampton Town, Down the Copland Road, etc. will never be as intimidating, it’s just the nature of the songs and how they are sung. Other clubs, let’s say Celtc, are still allowed to sing their bile that generates an intimidating atmosphere at their hovel and so we are being penalised and losing an advantage that they have. That’s not acceptable. Our position is weakened and that’s where we are.

We already now have pish about banning our tangerine strip. If you can’t see the pattern, the systematic targeting of Rangers and constantly having to defend ourselves from a back foot position because we never defend ourselves then that’s your problem. These scumbags will never stop attacking us. We have to start standing up for ourselves.

There is a version of the bb with Rangers lyrics that if sung by the majority of fans could be just as intimidating.

Last edited:
Hahaha what a throbber! He should be banned from any media outlets for having 'tangerine' hair n weird as %^*& eyebrows. He's a walloper of the highest order.

I'm sure that twat will be on the phone to fifa to get the Holland strip banned. After all it has nothing to do with the red,white & blue of the national flag and has its colour taken from their connection to William of Orange.

Who cares about the colour of our strips. It's a colour ffs. Same as songs. They are words that go with a tune. Big deal. I couldnt honestly care what people sing to each other or what your colours are supposed to mean. How the likes of Frankie Boyle is getting away with saying stuff that REALLY could offend in this modern age is unreal if we are being pulled up for a few words in songs. Not that comedians like that offend me in the slightest.

This is mhedia bandwagon keeping selectarism alive and well. What they dont want is it to be dumbed down to what it is, a football rivalry. Yes ,long ago there was more of a sectarian divide. Certain jobs unobtainable to either religion etc. Nowadays there are many ,many religions supporting either team or are non practicing in their faith yet it's still religious bigotry to them . Sod all to do with religion now and it is by definition "bigotry" because BOTH sets of supporters hate each others clubs with the same passion( although their obsession has notched up over the last decade). They will push the narrative about it fueling violence ,not the alcohol,drugs or neds setting about each other in the streets 5 hours after a game. Club colours are worn so it must be "sectarian". Yet arrests are pretty much nothing in comparison to a good number of decades ago. If you call a protestant,Muslim, Jewish person etc, that has never set foot on Irish soil a 19th Century Terrorist,do they not realise it's because hes a Celtic fan. Same to be said about catholic ,Muslim, Jewish etc ,rangers fan a hun or orange ba$tard , it's because of our club .

It's like the clamour in the press to tell us all of this evil, poisonous, sectarian hatred. The vile songs from the stands etc. Then we get the ticket allocations being under 900 and they come out with "its ruining the atmosphere" . Hypocrites the lot of them.

Both sets do or say anything to rile up the other BUT only sadly 1 team gets pulled up for it. Now that OFFENDS ME. All I want in life is a fair crack of the whip and the same scrutiny is put on ALL clubs and dealt with in the same manner. If the singing is unacceptable and has to stop then fair enough but it has to be done even handedly and consistently across the board . I for one cant stand that lot and can get pretty pissed off when I'm debating with any of them. Love nothing more than getting a dig in about anything to get 1 over them. Nothing to do with religion ,only to do with football and what their club stand for and I'm sure its likewise for them. ITS CALLED RIVALRY NOT SECTARIANISM.

If orange is sectarian then does that give proof that the term orange B is as well? Or if we are called orange Bs does that not mean we are free to wear orange as that is what others call us?

They cannot have it both ways.
Spot on there’s yer tea MS

Only a bigot would see a colour as being bigoted, it's a colour same as blue, red, green etc, if he sees it as anything else then he's the one with a problem

Nice kit the Mike Ashley 11 are wearing today. Funny Puma didn’t give us that colour - clearly Tangerine. ;)

newcastle-19-20-third-kit%2B%25283%2529.jpg
Paul-Gascoigne-flute.jpg

Sectarian Newcastle kit in Gers Gazza link

Back